GDT: 30/03/19; Stars vs Canucks>7pm>SNETP;360/HNIC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 30/03/19; Stars vs Canucks>7pm>SNETP;360/HNIC

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Really impressed with Luke Schenn. Hes playing like a legit top 4 dman right now. He makes safe smart clears and hits everything. At this stage we caught a serious break peeling him off the scrap heap. I hope the canucks sign him for another year or 2. Is delzaster still in anaheim? :lol:

Pearson is also settling into our top 9 nicely. He is proving to be another slick move....better than Leivo as far as i can tell.

Bennings pro scouting is improving big time
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:58 pm Really impressed with Luke Schenn. Hes playing like a legit top 4 dman right now. He makes safe smart clears and hits everything. At this stage we caught a serious break peeling him off the scrap heap. I hope the canucks sign him for another year or 2. Is delzaster still in anaheim? :lol:

Pearson is also settling into our top 9 nicely. He is proving to be another slick move....better than Leivo as far as i can tell.

Yeah I’m liking Schenn as well, both for his play and his actions after the whistle.

Hope he keeps it up for next season as well.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:58 pm Really impressed with Luke Schenn. Hes playing like a legit top 4 dman right now. He makes safe smart clears and hits everything. At this stage we caught a serious break peeling him off the scrap heap. I hope the canucks sign him for another year or 2. Is delzaster still in anaheim? :lol:

Delblotto must have taken a few to many somethings along his learning curve. :lol:
Schenn's a good dude, team-guy. Sorry Chris, you get hurt a wee bit too much. :(
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Fullscreen;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_NWOJBRk4k
Full screen- shootout in it's entirety;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TDLtqOD0sw&t=39s
small screen-N/A
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post game interviews with Hughes / Baertschi / Green.....
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... c-67359303

Jeff Patterson;
#Canucks have been to OT an #NHL high 23-times this season and lead the league with 11 shootouts. They are 7-5 in games decided in OT and 6-5 now in shootouts. Didn't win a single shootout last season
11:24 PM - 30 Mar 2019

After Hours; Leivo...really long ads :evil:
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/hou ... ay-traded/

and Pettersson;
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/hou ... ie-season/
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:44 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:27 pm What’s with the Head and Shoulders commercial?
Fuckin bitch used his body wash
No that's Old Spice. Head and Shoulders has two women kissing.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:46 pm Ya didnt know the kid was autistic...just thought he sucked lol. Oops
I figured as much. I wasn't trying to shame you.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Del Zotto was traded at the TDD but has been a healthy scratch pretty well since then.

I like Schenn and what he brings but here is the caution. If he's with Hughes for too long he will hold Hughes back. We want Hughes in the top four eventually but not Schenn. One more year is good. Two may be too long depending upon a number of factors. Is Tanev still here? Is Trymankin back ? How has Woo developed? Is Edler gone? Id like him on one year deals for sure and I guess 2 years wouldn't suck. with him in the line up I feel our kids are going to have protection. Who else will do that? Maybe Trymankin if he returns but he is a reluctant warrior.

Schenn isn't a saviour but he can be an important piece for 1-2 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Was actually a fairly entertaining game, It had entertainment value. Stars had lots to play for.
They outshot us bad and killed us in the circle, (which is too bad cause we'd been doing better lately).
We out hit them though. cool. Not surprising considering they needed points but haha, they only got one, whaa.

Anyone in for eight minute 3 on 3 OTs ? That shoot out was/ nevermind, I wont say. We won, they lost. yikes...

Ya, maybe Schenn rides shotgun, (not jake), With Hughes for the rest of this year but I expect something very different
after camp and eo start next season. And :shock: it might be someone we don't know, (as a nuck) yet.
One more edit then back to poker.
Is Jake a Canuck next year ?????????????????????
"evolution"
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

micky107 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:37 am Was actually a fairly entertaining game, It had entertainment value. Stars had lots to play for.
They outshot us bad and killed us in the circle, (which is too bad cause we'd been doing better lately).
We out hit them though. cool. Not surprising considering they needed points but haha, they only got one, whaa.

Anyone in for eight minute 3 on 3 OTs ? That shoot out was/ nevermind, I wont say. We won, they lost. yikes...

Ya, maybe Schenn rides shotgun, (not jake), With Hughes for the rest of this year but I expect something very different
after camp and eo start next season. And :shock: it might be someone we don't know, (as a nuck) yet.
He is not really good at anything. he is average or below at everything he does. I tried to love him as a player but I honestly do not care if he is on the team or not.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Baertschi resurfaces! Giving me hope again. Great game for Sven. I like him on the top line. Poor Bo
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:42 pm Granlundicious
Hunter Stinkcarrot! Where is he? Island Nucklehad hated trading Shrunkcarrot.

Beauty asset management by Jimbro

Really liking Leivo, Pearson and Schenn!

Genius
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:42 am Baertschi resurfaces! Giving me hope again. Great game for Sven. I like him on the top line. Poor Bo
Jake had the opportunity to shine there but he didn't, damn it. Yup, the order of the day is awesome winger for Bo.
Oh ya; A Tanev or Tanev type D-man that don't get injured............much, and a booming shot from the point, from an actual D-man. :)
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Carlyee wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:30 am
micky107 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:37 am Was actually a fairly entertaining game, It had entertainment value. Stars had lots to play for.

He is not really good at anything. he is average or below at everything he does. I tried to love him as a player but I honestly do not care if he is on the team or not.
Having young assets with potential like Jake is a win/win organizationally. He may be a disappointment based on his draft slot but theres no denying he could turn a corner. There isnt a program that these kids all follow....see markstrom after the great 8 year development.
That said if a team dangles a young puck moving dman for jakey boy i think we wont miss the potential thaaat much :lol:
Carolina set to lose ferkland, maybe jake for pesche or one of their other younguns makes sense for them?
If you need air...call it in
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:45 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:42 pm Granlundicious
Hunter Stinkcarrot! Where is he? Island Nucklehad hated trading Shrunkcarrot.

Beauty asset management by Jimbro

Really liking Leivo, Pearson and Schenn!

Genius
Baubles sez Granny is shit.
:D :D :D