GDT: Ducks @ Canucks March 26/19

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Ducks @ Canucks March 26/19

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Per wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:57 am
micky107 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:58 pm Ya, well hey, there's no sugar coating it, he's looked awful the last while, in particular, the last 2.
Big-time lack of confidence which is leading to hesitation, giveaways, indecisiveness to the point of
not figuring out which way he wants to move and falling.
Probably wont get it all figured out with the few games remaining even if a couple of goals come.
The first off season for a new potentially star player is critical...
I think medalling in a major championship on big ice (= World Championships), where he has more space and thus time to think, will help lift his spirits. 8-)
I'm sure you're right -- as long as he doesn't need that time to recover.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:28 am
micky107 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:58 pm Ya, well hey, there's no sugar coating it, he's looked awful the last while, in particular, the last 2.
Big-time lack of confidence which is leading to hesitation, giveaways, indecisiveness to the point of
Probably wont get it all figured out with the few games remaining even if a couple of goals come.
I think medalling in a major championship on big ice (= World Championships), where he has more space and thus time to think, will help lift his spirits. 8-)
He's just a kid. They heal really fast. Not like us middle aged guys.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Per wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:35 pm
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:28 am
He's just a kid. They heal really fast. Not like us middle aged guys.
It's true, but I was allowing for the possibility that he might need off-season surgery. I hope he doesn't, but it would explain the post knee-injury slow down.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:35 pm
It's true, but I was allowing for the possibility that he might need off-season surgery. I hope he doesn't, but it would explain the post knee-injury slow down.
Have you heard anything to corroborate your fears?
I, for one, would be aghast at the notion of any hesitation dealing with something that serious with what we all
can witness with our own eyes, a franchise player. Just doesn't make sense.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

micky107 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:39 pm
I, for one, would be aghast at the notion of any hesitation dealing with something that serious with what we all
Yeah, if he needed surgery they wouldn't have him play in these meaningless end of the season games.
I think he is just sore, bruised and exhausted. A couple of weeks off and he'll be jumping for joy at the chance to play in a big tournament.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Per wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:27 pm
micky107 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:39 pm
Yeah, if he needed surgery they wouldn't have him play in these meaningless end of the season games.
I think he is just sore, bruised and exhausted. A couple of weeks off and he'll be jumping for joy at the chance to play in a big tournament.
I was relying on HW's post (that I haven't been able to find in the archives) in which she (or, presumably, her sources) describe whatever Pettersson's injury may be (or have been) as something that was sore or an impediment, but not going to be aggravated by continuing to play on it, plus my extensive experience with knee injuries, and the fact that the Kotkaniemi incident appeared likely to produce a knee injury. Some of the kinds of knee injuries that can result from such a thing (e.g. some categories of meniscus tear) can benefit from surgical repair, but otherwise fit that description. Some other kinds of plausible injuries (e.g. sprained collateral ligament) also fit that description, but usually do not benefit from surgical repair. I wouldn't expect too many details to be available, even from well-placed inside sources. Of course I hope it was the most minor and easy to heal from kind of knee injury possible. We'll know soon enough.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well what I was told is that it isn't a serious injury, a nagging sort of thing that causes some discomfort that he is playing through. No indication that he requires surgery or has to rehab. Im also not sure its his knee. I heard hip. But again, everything I hear is rumour and speculation unless confirmed by the Canucks. But I was assured there is nothing serious. But again none of us expected Brock needed wrist surgery.

Micky, stop building rumour and speculation on top of my rumour and speculation. :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

AH Shucks, I didn't do it; Image
"evolution"