GDT: Sens @ Canucks. 7 pm Mar 20 SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Sens @ Canucks. 7 pm Mar 20 SNP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:07 pm
Hey, only 4 points out of a playoff spot. Run the table and the playoffs are ours to be had :mrgreen:
Gotta love the media actually running with this. 4 points out with 4 teams ahead of us, most with game(s) in hand.

Man, Ottawa is bad. They have a nice group of young players and prospects, but I feel for the fans in this city. The owner is a nightmare, the rink is in the middle of nowhere, and they don’t even get to look forward to the draft. Ugly.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:05 pm
Rocky Dennis wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:37 pm Nice to see the Canucks gave up yet another first career goal tonight.
It more than balances out. Think about, every player that plays for the Canucks, except a goalie, at some point scores his first goal as a Canuck! Some of them even score their first NHL goal as a Canucks. So on balance, we win! Like tonight. We win!
some score their first goal as a Canuck, against the Canucks.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:26 am
Hey, only 4 points out of a playoff spot. Run the table and the playoffs are ours to be had :mrgreen:
Gotta love the media actually running with this. 4 points out with 4 teams ahead of us, most with game(s) in hand.

Man, Ottawa is bad. They have a nice group of young players and prospects, but I feel for the fans in this city. The owner is a nightmare, the rink is in the middle of nowhere, and they don’t even get to look forward to the draft. Ugly.
The parallels with Canada's other Ottawa institution are remarkable.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Sens @ Canucks. 7 pm snp

Post by Carl Yagro »

micky107 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:42 pm I had everything including game notes and the rosters posted in "News and Notes" before 2pm. Didn't think it was my turn. Thought it was Hanks'
or maybe Rats' . Had to leave at 4. Had some stuff ready though.......LOL
We should have been more clear I guess.

Since Rats is on a winning streak, he would create the GDT. But because we are both lazy buggers, we would only do the bare minimum and you would post the game notes and lineups in the next post. You did that at the start of the streak.

Get it? ;)

Rats and Mick, please continue the good(?) work on Saturday. Gotta beat those Phlegms!
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Mëds wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:05 pm I’ve been no fan of Loui E.

BUT.....

I have to admit that this is the first time we’ve seen him play an entire game with a couple linemates who actually can play top-6 spots.....although Pearson has not established that consistently yet, amirite Doc? ;)

IF Loui re-finds his game with Bo, there could be something there.

It’s only one game though and I’m definitely not counting any unhatched chickens. We shall see how he finishes the season.
Loui has had ample chances in the past to show his game - the Sedins weren't exactly chopped liver for linemates. To your point though, for this year it definitely seems that very few lines are kept together for any length of time.

Re. last night, 3 secondary assists and an EN against probably the current worst team in the league aren't exactly enough to change my mind on Loui, but if Bo can cause some kind of miracle resurrection for Loui he should be guaranteed captaincy and given half of LE's salary as a bonus.

How many verified miracles does it take to obtain sainthood?
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:26 am
Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:26 am

The parallels with Canada's other Ottawa institution are remarkable.
Except were going to be stuck with mr fruit for 4 more years.
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Wasn't expecting this, but Pageau suspended for 1 game for that boarding on Sautner.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hank wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:28 pm Wasn't expecting this, but Pageau suspended for 1 game for that boarding on Sautner.
Ya that went quietly under the radar.
The only HW the Canucks need