GDT: Vegas @ Vancouver Mar 9/19. 7 pm HNIC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4516
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Vancouver Mar 9/19. 7 pm HNIC

Post by Reefer2 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:56 am

lol - RD are you talking about Jared McCann who has 16 goals, 13 assists and 29 points in 65 games?

I guess a 4th round 5'9" d man not making the NHL is a shock to you?

Maybe it is the 5th round D man that did not make the NHL that shocked you?

No no, I get it, the one that makes you like you are, is the 24th overall pick in 2013. this has driven you to abuse you body with alcohol. But I thought that since that pick was a Gillis pick you would be over it by now, sorry dude do you need a hug or maybe the number of AAA?

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 19938
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Vancouver Mar 9/19. 7 pm HNIC

Post by Strangelove » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:11 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:56 am
lol - RD are you talking about Jared McCann who has 16 goals, 13 assists and 29 points in 65 games?
Just noticed McCann has exploded for 5 goals and 8 points in the last 7 games! :shock:

Perhaps those who said the move to Pittsburgh would boost his numbers were right.

Or perhaps the last 7 games were just some sort of a freakish fluke?

Cuz in his NHL career before those last 7 games he was displaying plenty of sucktitude to go along with that attitude.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Hank
CC Legend
Posts: 3294
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Vancouver Mar 9/19. 7 pm HNIC

Post by Hank » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:19 pm

LOL, here comes the hindsight heroes once again.

Funny that as soon as McCann was put with Crosby and Guentzel, he took off. With Sid and Geno in front of you, 4th line center is pretty easy.

And why have all the media and urinators been so quiet about their whipping boy? Gee, on a good team he plays 20 minutes a night and has been an even or plus player in every game except one.

Sure, you can point to advanced stats but the Pens are playing well and playing him 20 minutes. Let's not kid ourselves, even with Letang their D isn't the greatest in the world.

Our D sure has sucked even more when Trojan and Biega has to eat up more of those minutes.

Guys play better when they're with better linemates on better teams. Gee, who knew?
Try to focus on 1 year from now...

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 6698
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Vancouver Mar 9/19. 7 pm HNIC

Post by Uncle dans leg » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:26 pm

Maybe all mccann needed was guddy watching his ass

;)
nobody focks...with the jesus

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 19938
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Vancouver Mar 9/19. 7 pm HNIC

Post by Strangelove » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:58 pm

Hank wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:19 pm
LOL, here comes the hindsight heroes once again.

Funny that as soon as McCann was put with Crosby and Guentzel, he took off. With Sid and Geno in front of you, 4th line center is pretty easy.

And why have all the media and urinators been so quiet about their whipping boy? Gee, on a good team he plays 20 minutes a night and has been an even or plus player in every game except one.

Sure, you can point to advanced stats but the Pens are playing well and playing him 20 minutes. Let's not kid ourselves, even with Letang their D isn't the greatest in the world.

Our D sure has sucked even more when Trojan and Biega has to eat up more of those minutes.

Guys play better when they're with better linemates on better teams. Gee, who knew?
Yeah they love the Guds in Pittsburgh thus far...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 14055
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Vancouver Mar 9/19. 7 pm HNIC

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:06 pm

Small sample size. He was mostly useless during his three seasons here other than the odd uptick in play for a few games here and there.

Happy he’s doing ok so far in Pittsburgh. Happier yet he’s gone. Seems like a decent guy and it’s not his fault he’s grossly overpaid and at times until recently here- grossly overplayed.
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 19938
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Vancouver Mar 9/19. 7 pm HNIC

Post by Strangelove » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:01 pm

I've always said he just needed a solid puck-moving partner and he didn't get that except during his run with Edler last year.

You didn't watch those games Blob, Guds looked like an entirely different player.

Give him a great PMD partner and he can be a PHYSICAL #4 for you.

Sure he needs half the rink to make a turn and isn't the brightest star in the sky.

Obviously playing on a great team like the Pens will help his cause...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4516
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Vancouver Mar 9/19. 7 pm HNIC

Post by Reefer2 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:24 pm

I know I am doing this in hindsight but just playing with RDs rules.

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 10524
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Vancouver Mar 9/19. 7 pm HNIC

Post by Topper » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:05 pm

Bauble talking small sample size LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 14055
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Vancouver Mar 9/19. 7 pm HNIC

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:53 pm

Topper wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:05 pm
Bauble talking small sample size LOL
I know right....... :lol:

Green must have been a complete moron to slash Gudbranson’s icetime so much since the all star break. I mean it’s almost like the coach had seen enough.
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

Post Reply