Canucks at Vegas on spn1 1 pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks at Vegas on spn1 1 pm

Post by Strangelove »

I'm not going to look up the total salary of all the players involved in this game

... but Vegas probably had twice what Vancouver did out there last night.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:58 am With the structure the Canuck's coaching staff implement, (and I use that term loosely), It would make Tampa and Nashville
look like scrubs.
Sure it would.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:14 am
micky107 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:58 am With the structure the Canuck's coaching staff implement, (and I use that term loosely), It would make Tampa and Nashville
look like scrubs.
Sure, it would.
I put the comma in and thank-you for concurring.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I saw Nolan Baumgardner getting Boeser to watch plays, (his plays, I guess), on a freakin tablet during the game, during the play !
Yeah, I bet that'll sink in.

Maybe we start anew and allow--(meaning aqua would have to fork out some dough)--and tell Mr. Benning that he can hire and fire anyone
he wants.....even, wait for it...............
.Trev's friends if he wants. :shock:
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

My only comfort is that what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:43 am I saw Nolan Baumgardner getting Boeser to watch plays, (his plays, I guess), on a freakin tablet during the game, during the play !

Maybe we start anew and allow--(meaning aqua would have to fork out some dough)--and tell Mr. Benning that he can hire and fire anyone
OMG really. What a crime.

Mick all teams use this. The Canucks have been using the iPad for quit awhile now. Players sometimes ask to see a replay. You’re making mountains again.
The only HW the Canucks need
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Mick, if you're going to place all the blame for this game on Green, do you also give him sole credit for when they have played well?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:29 pm
micky107 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:43 am I saw Nolan Baumgardner getting Boeser to watch plays, (his plays, I guess), on a freakin tablet during the game, during the play !

Mick all teams use this. The Canucks have been using the iPad for quit awhile now. Players sometimes ask to see a replay. You’re making mountains again.
If they did not use the best technology available then I would be disappointed. Everyone has their mountain and mine is moving on from always injured D.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

But there are mountains Wids. Big ones lately.
I guess I get sick of the coaching staff getting a free pass for all the team's woes.
They have to be held accountable and if I'm the only one willing to say that many of the "on ice problems", I'm seeing, revolve around
or are directly, coaching, fine. And coaching includes game preparedness and , yes, making sure everyone is ready to play.
If there are family, alcohol, drug, mental problems, well I haven't heard anything at all.
No; We don't have "THE" most talented team in the league but IMO, we should be more cohesive than we are. A lot more.
10 to 12 point more, conservatively. The problem seems to be festering.
Maybe the training staff should be doing more or better as well, but it revolves around the coaching of the team.
That's not to say it's all on Travis.
"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:25 am I suppose it's better for the overall health of the organization to be out of it this early and hopefully secure a better pick than to lose out on the final day of the season.

Thankfully Benning exercised common sense TDD and didn't give into he temptation to trade for a few stop gaps to make a push for the playoffs this year. Bright spots.

Goldobin has played well these past few games. I think his overall game is coming. He has elite skills and if his shots ever start to find the corners he can be a 35+ goal score. I've never seen a player hit so many posts and crossbars in one season. Try telling him an inch or two doesn't matter!

With Baertschi and Virtanen out we slowed down up front. I hope Baertschi is able to overcome his issues. Shut him down for the season! We have him under contract so there is no rush to get him back this year.

I can see the Canucks giving Boeser a bridge deal around 5-6 million. He has warts in his game and he needs to show he's willing to correct those. I think he will. All accounts are that he is very coachable.

Pettersson does have an injury. His knee and hip are bothering him. He's been told he isn't risking further injury by playing. It's one of those things a good off season will help.

Canucks are souring a bit on Demko. There is this prima donna thing. But he is very receptive to coaching and is a perfectionist. Markstrom's play is a welcome relief and a bit of surprise to the team. But it has made them feel more comfortable bringing Demko along slowly. He will have to fight for the net next year as it should be. The Canucks had several teams inquire about Markstrom at the TDD but obviously were not offering enough to tempt the Canucks. But they see it as a good problem right now. Dipietro is a good 3 years away from getting another sniff, barring injuries of course. So the Canucks feel they can take their time with Demko both on and off the ice. There is thought that Markstrom may have another 4-5 good years and if Dipietro comes along as they hope then.....but we are a long way off from that.

The Canucks are holding a firm line on Edler. They are prepared to give him 3 years but only if they can work out the trade protection so they can expose him if need be, and need will probably be. He feels he should be protected and so far isn't budging. I've been told the Canucks are prepared to let him walk. Oh, they did try to trade him because they feel this is an impasse that may not soon be settled. If Linden were still here he'd be locked up for 3-4 years with a full NMC. It was one area where he had major disagreement with Benning on.

I like Gaudette's game. time in Utica did him wonders. He's playing with so much more confidence. I do expect Sutter to be traded. In fact if not for the injury he may very well have been gone already. Before his injury there was a lot of interest. Have no idea what type of return we were looking at but the Canucks were willing to pull the trigger. Gaudette has come along faster than they thought and Beagle is playing more like they wanted Sutter to.

Ericksson. What can one say?

I'm back to only watching to see the kids. With them all slumping its painful. I want to see Gaudette get a lot more TOI and Goldobin too. Hopefully Hughes gets a taste this year. Gonna keep my eye on the Calder race. Other than that there isn't much to be excited about until next season I guess.
Thanks for this, HW.

If Pettey wasn't gunning for the Calder, would he be shut down by now? I don't have a lot of faith in the medical staff... so it's a bit concerning they'd let him play nothing games down the stretch while banged up. Wouldn't starting the rest/rehab/training for next season now be better than starting it in May? Is it something that can be solved if they shut him down for a couple weeks?

Good to know they're being firm with Edler. I don't know that other teams will be willing to give him that extra season/expansion protection. I like Doc's signing bonus idea. Sure, you might be moving down the highway for a season (his family could stay in Vancouver FFS), but at least you'll have a nice $9M cheque to go along with it.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Well I'm not trying to sound old fashioned but I'm seriously against little Ipad screens being used during games.
Mess up your eyes, you'll hit the ice and who knows what will happen. Fine in the dressing room.
Talking; yelling, if necessary during play.

Yup! these new fancy fandangle devises Image I dunna know.
"evolution"
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Exactly how old are you Mick?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:21 pm Exactly how old are you Mick?
I think he had a hand in the design of the pyramids but that has not been confirmed yet.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hey IN. From what I’ve been told there is no risk of further injury or worsening the condition. One of those things players work through. For sure he is our franchise player so I think if there was risk they would shut him down. But a players needs to be honest and accountable so you have to trust Pettersson is being forthright.

There is good reason to keep playing him. He needs to learn how to manage mid season fatigue and he needs to learn how to manage the closer checking he is getting. There is still a lot of playing to do.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol at Mickey. Yeah they should scratch it out on a chalkboard for the guys instead :lol:

And sorry Elmer isn’t going to get to fire a second coach. Not when the team he’s built is out of the playoffs by a mile four seasons in a row. If this team wins two or three games the rest of the year Benning could easily be gone.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”