GDT: Isles @ Canucks. 7 pm. SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Isles @ Canucks. 7 pm. SNP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Tiger wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:58 pm Stone for Boesser ?
Canucks must get Stone :)
:lol:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Carlyee wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:50 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:34 pm I get a strong visceral reaction watching Boeser. It’s a throwback to watching Bertuzzi refuse to back check.

There is certainly room on a team for a one dimensional goal scorer if all the other pieces are in place. But yes, he needs some tough love from Green. He gets a pass on a lot of lazy play.

No, Boeser is not the problem with team. But Boeser is soft and lazy. I’ll still cheer for him but if Benning wants to make a hockey trade......just saying, if the return is right.
+1
-1 Oh how quickly they turn. Well let's put down Pettersson too then. He hasn't done as much lately.
I am so glad I a have a built in immunity to "Greens a great Coach disease."
Talent doesn't just go Poof! I'm gone ya know. :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Last edited by Mickey107 on Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

post game; Pettersson and the guy presently standing behind the bench.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... c-66177203

Game;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brup64CYn1M

Classic line; Boeser centers, nobody home.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:54 pm
Carlyee wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:50 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:34 pm I get a strong visceral reaction watching Boeser. It’s a throwback to watching Bertuzzi refuse to back check.

There is certainly room on a team for a one dimensional goal scorer if all the other pieces are in place. But yes, he needs some tough love from Green. He gets a pass on a lot of lazy play.

No, Boeser is not the problem with team. But Boeser is soft and lazy. I’ll still cheer for him but if Benning wants to make a hockey trade......just saying, if the return is right.
+1
-1 Oh how quickly they turn. Well let's put down Pettersson too then. He hasn't done as much lately.
I am so glad I a have a built in immunity to "Greens a great Coach disease."
Talent doesn't just go Poof! I'm gone ya know. :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What did I say about Boeser that’s untrue?

I love the guy, but he is one dimensional. On a healthy team with balance we can carry that. When not, his play sticks out for all the wrong reasons. Do I want him traded? No. But if he is, and if it’s a good hockey trade, I’ll live with it. I would hate to see us bleed top six since we don’t have much there but Boeser is one dimensional. He needs others for support, he doesn’t drive the offence. I would hate to give up on a young 35+ potential goal scorer, I really would. I doubt Benning even contemplates it. But he’s one dimensional.

Which brings us to coaching. He needs some tough love. He’s getting way too many passes for his uninspired, one dimensional play. Of course I advocated for him to be in Utica year one because of his one dimensional play. I advocated for Utica at the start of the year. Two camps in a row he showed up out of shape and not ready to play. He seemed to get a pass both years because of our desperation to have an exciting player in the top six.

Hopefully he won’t get the contract he wants and it will serve as a kick in the nuts he needs. He’s lazy, uninspired, one dimensional. But I love the kid because that one dimension is a great, and much needed. I just think he needs to be treated like Virtanen and Goldobin and Hutton and......
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Your mind is playing tricks on you because you are fixated in thinking his play is one dimensional.
He is a much better all round hockey player than you are currently speaking of.
Green giving him tough love! Are you kidding me?
Boeser is more important to this franchise than Green, tenfold. As a matter of fact, if I was Brock and Trav came to me and said,
fraid i'm gonna have to sit ya a couple, I'd say f**k-you, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to have a little chat with someone significantly
higher on the food chain than you!!

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I do have green ranked between 27th & 28th in the league, so that's not the worst....

"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:36 am
Hopefully he won’t get the contract he wants and it will serve as a kick in the nuts he needs. He’s lazy, uninspired, one dimensional. But I love the kid because that one dimension is a great, and much needed. I just think he needs to be treated like Virtanen and Goldobin and Hutton and......
Unlike those other guys, he produces, and the Canucks need him to do so if they’re to have any hope at all. I think the lessons can certainly be shared (video is a great way to embarrass someone into compliance), but a “tough love” scratch or benching only hurts the Canucks (already meagre) chances of winning games.

He’s young. Defensive responsibility, conditioning, proper shift length... all things that can be taught.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:55 am I do have green ranked between 27th & 28th in the league, so that's not the worst....

I have their roster between 29 and 31 so I guess he’s doing a good job.

Wids he was never ever ever going to be sent to Utica and rightfully so.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

That islanders team is damn good. The canucks played hard and took the play to them for parts of the game. They can holy their heads high even though it looks like a shellacing on paper. I can see the isles suprising a few teams in a best of 7.

Funny how they're a far better team without Tavares
If you need air...call it in
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Yeah, let's do it. Trade Boeser this minute. Let's do like the Canucks did with Rick Vaive, a one dimensional winger who was traded just before his 21st birthday. The same with Cam Neely, another one dimensional winger traded at 21 years old. Boeser is only 21 until tomorrow, he must be moved before he turns 22. LET'S FUCKING DO IT! NO TIME TO WASTE! The only question is do they do it Harry Neale style and throw Bo Horvat in to get Milan Lucic and Zack Kassian from Edmonton or do they do it Arthur Griffiths/Jack Gordon style and trade Boeser and 2020 first rounder for Jonathan Toews? Stanley Cup? It's more important the Canucks remain in NHL purgatory for eternity. WE CAN DO THIS CANUCKS FANS! Oh, and bring back the double Vs. Might as well look the part.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

mr perfect wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:58 am Yeah, let's do it. Trade Boeser this minute. Let's do like the Canucks did with Rick Vaive, a one dimensional winger who was traded just before his 21st birthday. The same with Cam Neely, another one dimensional winger traded at 21 years old. Boeser is only 21 until tomorrow, he must be moved before he turns 22. LET'S FUCKING DO IT! NO TIME TO WASTE! The only question is do they do it Harry Neale style and throw Bo Horvat in to get Milan Lucic and Zack Kassian from Edmonton or do they do it Arthur Griffiths/Jack Gordon style and trade Boeser and 2020 first rounder for Jonathan Toews? Stanley Cup? It's more important the Canucks remain in NHL purgatory for eternity. WE CAN DO THIS CANUCKS FANS! Oh, and bring back the double Vs. Might as well look the part.
Feel better? :wink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Dear gawd, do you guys over-react much?

There was nothing even remotely controversial as to what HW or anyone else said about Brock. You can't be one-dimensional in this league and continue to be successful. That is the truth.

Green has given tough love to those who have needed it. Some have responded well, others look like they're going to be who they are and will be out of the league soon. Brock hasn't been good lately. He's been lazy, he's fat and out of shape, and gets completely gassed easily.

This league will shut you down if you don't continue to improve. Look at Goldy. Look at Petey. Talent alone isn't enough, you have to bring more to the table.

Relax people, relax.

And c'mon, Cam Neely would never have had the same career with those 80's Canuck teams.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hank wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:00 pm
Green has given tough love to those who have needed it.
Has he? Eriksson, Sutter, Gudbranson and last year, on many occasions, one or both the Sedins?

The only way Boeser gets a punishment sitting is if he's not trying or loafing.
Never for having a bad or even several bad games. Same goes for Horvat and Pettersson.
Edler and Tanev as well.
Some will say Sutter and Eriksson too but I don't because they are not really part of the foundation. and I'll get it for saying that, oh well.
We didn't draft them. They are corks, stop gaps, well we had to fill a whole team, guys.

I will admit one thing. As a hockey guy, I can be prejudice about my likes and dislikes in regards to players.
Is anyone else willing to admit such a thing?.... :shock:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:00 pm
Hank wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:00 pm
Green has given tough love to those who have needed it.
Has he? Eriksson, Sutter, Gudbranson and last year, on many occasions, one or both the Sedins?
Those particular players do not require tough love.

micky107 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:00 pm I will admit one thing. As a hockey guy, I can be prejudice about my likes and dislikes in regards to players.
Is anyone else willing to admit such a thing?.... :shock:
You are the only one who is prejudiced in this manner.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:00 pm The only way Boeser gets a punishment sitting is if he's not trying or loafing.
Never for having a bad or even several bad games. Same goes for Horvat and Pettersson.
Edler and Tanev as well.
Welcome to the Wide World of Sports

... where the chosen whipping boys serve this purpose.
____
Try to focus on someday.