GDT: Sharks @ Canucks Feb 11/19 7:00 pm SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Sharks @ Canucks Feb 11/19 7:00 pm SN

Post by Topper »

Was this game much different than the effort Saturday? Not really. The D sucked, again and again and again. I didn't think Di Pietro played that bad for a 19 yr old call up from the OHL. He was nervous with way too much busy movement but as the game went on he got steadier and made a few good saves. No, he isn't NHL ready, I never expected him to be that tonight. He was horribly hung out to dry by his team mates for 4 of the goals, better positioning/more experience he may have made a couple more saves.

Shit happens, team had to play him. Could have been a UBC alumni reject instead.

Both D blew the 1st goal, Hutton the second, Gudbranson pooched the 2 on 1 .... D failed to to get position on the forwards and tie up their sticks. Yup, shitty effort. You can't tie up a guy in front when you are on the backside.

Lil' trojan was lil snot nose kid from Richmond stumbling into East Van on a Friday night.

Why did Goldobbin dress over Schaller?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

This was a terrible team effort. One of, if not the worst of this year. No point blaming young Mike for any of it.
San Jose made our defense look like children and our offense, in particular our best, were way off.
Coaches have to take some blame but on this night, we had no leaders at all.
Pretty sure the Sharks backed off in the third. Ouch.
This reminds me of a game, a few weeks back, when we laid a beating on St. Louis. Made them look like a beer league team.
They recovered and are now in a wild card spot.
Just saying, there's still hope, at least a little, for a bit. Better buck the f--k up in a hurry though.

MacKewen got his first assist and Kudos to the camera man who got the shots of his people in the stands.
Was that blonde with the beer his sis or his squeeze ? WOW!!!
I'll never grow up. I gotta find a pic of that and post it.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Joe Thornton feels bad for Canuck's young goalie. what a guy!
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/tho ... ng-sharks/
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

dangler wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:10 pm
lostinarink wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:02 pm Well if the Alien gets 5 and a Zach attack yields a hatty, then DP should be just fine...… :D
FYI only Todd is allowed to use Zach attack, and never shall anyone refer to Dipietro as DP....that is all
*LOL* It's all good. Nice to see ppl remembered/liked that moniker. :D I hope MacEwen becomes our new Kassassian type project though. MacEwen prob doesn't have the skillset like Kass, but hopefully he'll have that similar grit/edge and be a better 2-way player. He made a nice little flip pass to the Poo Bear though for his first career NHL point. Anyone wearing #9 right now? That should be MacEwen's number. :P
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:25 pm As for Dipietro, I've never liked him. Ive always felt he was over hyped. Ive never seen him as an NHL goalie. Too small for today's game. Having said that, he's making more money on this call up than the average Canadian will make in a year. He will be fine.
Tuff debut for Mikey D no doubt. Welcome to the NHL kid. I'm not rdy to give up on DP yet though. To be fair, he was rushed up and really shouldn't be here right now. Like Demko/Schneids/Lack, I want to see him play for our minor league affiliate for at least 2 years b4 seeing what he can do in the NHL and assess if he really has what it takes.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

In my mind an emergency is when a goalie is injured in the pregame warmup and you need the equipment guy to strap on the pads.

Sportsnet is saying we have Michael Leighton in the minors on a PTO? Sign him to a two-way ASAP and let DiPietro go home. Massive risk keeping this kid around on an “emergency” basis for over a week.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:25 pm If Markstrom and or Demko are more than day to day it will cost Benning an asset to get a back up starter.
Fixed. At this point, a late pick is probably worth it to keep DiPietro from getting demolished mentally. He is clearly not ready and this defence is not capable of sheltering him.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:14 am In my mind an emergency is when a goalie is injured in the pregame warmup and you need the equipment guy to strap on the pads.

Sportsnet is saying we have Michael Leighton in the minors on a PTO? Sign him to a two-way ASAP and let DiPietro go home. Massive risk keeping this kid around on an “emergency” basis for over a week.
Agreed. If they have him on a PTO then get a two way done , send Dipietro back, and call Leighton up on an emergency basis so he can be returned once both Demo and Markstrom are healthy. If we are going to get bombed for goals better it be Leighton.

When I said I never liked Dipietro as an NHL goalie, that was long before he played tonight and I don't count tonight. Ive just never been high on him.
The only HW the Canucks need
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Shannon Szabados.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

micky107 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:56 am Joe Thornton feels bad for Canuck's young goalie. what a guy!
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/tho ... ng-sharks/
Nice of him to find time from sticking his fingers in Hanks ears to make a comment. :?
Last edited by Cherry Picker on Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:03 am [MOD EDIT]
Actual footage of UDL trying to "score" on an olympic athlete.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/hoc ... er-serbia/

Why my idea isn't that crazy.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Shannon+ ... story.html
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:

Ya thats probably pretty close.
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:39 am
Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:14 am In my mind an emergency is when a goalie is injured in the pregame warmup and you need the equipment guy to strap on the pads.

Agreed. If they have him on a PTO then get a two way done , send Dipietro back, and call Leighton up on an emergency basis so he can be returned once both Demo and Markstrom are healthy. If we are going to get bombed for goals better it be Leighton.

When I said I never liked Dipietro as an NHL goalie, that was long before he played tonight and I don't count tonight. Ive just never been high on him.
Carter Hart is only 5 months older!!! Dipietru had almost no lead time. This ugly loss is not on him, it's on the piss poor performance
of the team. Sure he was nervous. Who wouldn't be! It's not fair to say, "the kids not ready", not fair at all.
He's played in important games before. Not in the NHL bur it still counts for something.
And NO, he's not too small at 6 foot 200 pounds.
FFS, don't judge the guy on this game. A game he had virtually no time to prepare for.
This embarrassment of a loss is on the skaters. Why should we throw him under the bus when his own team has already
done a bang-up job of just that. :evil:
I hope he gets another start.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Heres a question...Kane attacked stetcher but nobody does fuck all again and we were down by 5 for fucks sake.

Why doesnt anything ever get done like wilson the other day? Drives me nuts
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:27 am Heres a question...Kane attacked stetcher but nobody does fuck all again and we were down by 5 for fucks sake.

Why doesnt anything ever get done like wilson the other day? Drives me nuts
Ya, that's hard to figure the way Player Green was as opposed to Coach Green. No clue?
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I think its time to explore ways to offload Eriksson. I was watching him a bit closer last night and he is consistently bailing on plays, curling away from contact, etc.
Give the new kid zack his spot and bury him in utica until he can be shipped out or bought out. At least Gaudette and zack show some heart