GDT: Sharks @ Canucks Feb 11/19 7:00 pm SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Sharks @ Canucks Feb 11/19 7:00 pm SN

Post by rats19 »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:11 pm Point for Big Mac! ( Butt there is Poo on it)
Skid marks
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Good for Zac!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

It's nice to see Zack Mack Attack get his first NHL point in front of family (and hot gf).

He gets some Poo stuck to his souvenir puck.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:12 pm Good for Zac!!
Yah he’s had some decent chances too
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:08 pm Up by 5, 10 min left... starting the 1st PP.. stay classy Sharks!!
The Sharks never have class to begin with. That is why I am always happy to see them choke in the playoffs.
Last edited by Jovocop on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Carlyee wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:42 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:36 pm
Carlyee wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:30 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:19 pm
Carlyee wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:09 pm The guy was playing against kids a few weeks ago. I really cannot fathom why the organization thought this was a good idea.
Oh bullshit. That's total 20-20 hindsight. Media (and mostbthe posters here) was calling the Nilsson trade a good thing.

It's bad luck Mckenna was claimed on waivers and Demko got hurt in warmup.

It's not worth an asset foe a backup tender until we knew where the kid was, and saw him play.

If Mikey had shut the sharks out 'carter hart' style, everyone would be crowing from the rafters.
Starting a guy that was playing against children less than a month ago is hindsight?
Nope.

It's when you start bitching about it (the lack of having 5 NHL goalies under contract) after we are down 3-0 is.

I get your pissed off. But if our defence showed up to play and Mikey had only let in a goal or 2, it would be a different tune we would be hearing.
I'm not angry. I'm embarassed for the organization. I actually feel really bad for Mikey. He was set up to fail and it shows a lack of, well something, that he is playing. Some of our defense has sucked all year. So you are saying you held out hope they would improve tonight? I wanted one NHL back up not 5. Not sure where you got that from. And excuse me for questioning the wisdom of starting someone that has never played against adults.

So who should have started tonight?
The only HW the Canucks need
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:16 pm
Carlyee wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:09 pm The guy was playing against kids a few weeks ago. I really cannot fathom why the organization thought this was a good idea.
Oh bullshit. That's total 20-20 hindsight. Media (and mostbthe posters here) was calling the Nilsson trade a good thing.

It's not worth an asset foe a backup tender until we knew where the kid was, and saw him play.

If Mikey had shut the sharks out 'carter hart' style, everyone would be crowing from the rafters.
Starting a guy that was playing against children less than a month ago is hindsight?
Nope.

It's when you start bitching about it (the lack of having 5 NHL goalies under contract) after we are down 3-0 is.

I get your pissed off. But if our defence showed up to play and Mikey had only let in a goal or 2, it would be a different tune we would be hearing.
I'm not angry. I'm embarassed for the organization. I actually feel really bad for Mikey. He was set up to fail and it shows a lack of, well something, that he is playing. Some of our defense has sucked all year. So you are saying you held out hope they would improve tonight? I wanted one NHL back up not 5. Not sure where you got that from. And excuse me for questioning the wisdom of starting someone that has never played against adults.

Where is that goalie from UBC?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The whole goalie argument is such a red herring. Its hard to believe that anyone can believe this was part of the Canucks plan. They got an extra 6th in the Ottawa trade because McKenna had to clear waivers. It was a gamble and perhaps a mistake on Benning"s part. But it was also good move to get Demko up to the big club. But anyone thinking this was part of some plan is just pissing and moaning for the sake of it.

Benning is waiting for Philly to blink. Philly is probably waiting for Vancouver to turn over a 6th.

If Markstrom and or Demko are more than day to day it will cost Benning an asset to get a back up.

As for Dipietro, I've never liked him. Ive always felt he was over hyped. Ive never seen him as an NHL goalie. Too small for today's game. Having said that, he's making more money on this call up than the average Canadian will make in a year. He will be fine.

Seriously, who should have started tonight? Really? Who?
The only HW the Canucks need
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Jovocop wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:17 pm

Nope.

I would have rather they called up whatever schlep university or community college goalie than subject Mikey to this BS. Throw the poor kid to the sharks... FFS. This is after he was still getting over losing in the WJC (where he didn’t play poorly) and struggled in Ottawa as a result. Good thing we have Demko to hold the fort until Miley is ready to challenge (if he stays healthy, of course).

I would like nothing better than to see the Sharks occupy that nether realm of 1-and-out postseasons and shitty draft positions as a result - with the Canucks wiping out every decent prospect they develop. Fucking wankers.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Did it really matter who played goal tonight? The Canucks started the game 15 minutes later than the sharks. Dipietro does look small out there but he is a very experienced junior and had as much chance of winning this game as Bachman or McKennan or probably any other ahl goalie that the Canucks could sign.

Not sure if Mikey will ever be a regular NHL goalie, but no one can say he never made it to the show for at least one game. He’ll be reliving that experience fondly with his grand children no matter what happens with the rest of his career.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I have to admit, I see a lot of net around DiPietro. He is going to have to figure out how to make himself bigger. He also has to stop over committing side to side, the NHL is to fast.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:10 pm Fuck that vancouver defense is a black hole. 2 guys who have zero business playing in the nhl.

There needs to be a fuckin inquiry into why it hasnt been unanimously accepted by posters on this board as priority 1.
I thought it had.

Lot of interesting promise on the offence.
Marx finally arriving + good goalie prospects in the pipe.
The blue line, however, is a mess. And now Edler is out to boot.

Anyone not thinking the defence is priority #1 would be weird.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:59 pm ... the NHL is to fast.
Is it lent already? :o
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Lancer wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:26 pm
Jovocop wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:17 pm

Nope.

I would have rather they called up whatever schlep university or community college goalie than subject Mikey to this BS. Throw the poor kid to the sharks... FFS. This is after he was still getting over losing in the WJC (where he didn’t play poorly) and struggled in Ottawa as a result. Good thing we have Demko to hold the fort until Miley is ready to challenge (if he stays healthy, of course).

I would like nothing better than to see the Sharks occupy that nether realm of 1-and-out postseasons and shitty draft positions as a result - with the Canucks wiping out every decent prospect they develop. Fucking wankers.
It's obvious! Should have thrown the pads on Gudbranson. He's really big and excellent in standing in one place.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>yuck

full screen;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-TIrEyi2Ws&t=13s

Canuck post game interviews; Green, MacEwen, Dipietro;
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... c-65799303
"evolution"