GDT: 02/02/19; Canucks vs Avs, 7;00pm, SPN/all, HNIC.

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 02/02/19; Canucks vs Avs, 7;00pm, SPN/all, HNIC.

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:45 pm
DonCherry4PM wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:41 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:38 pm
DonCherry4PM wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:37 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:35 pm
DonCherry4PM wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:58 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:33 pm Two teams tied for the final playoff spot and the Canucks walk into their barn and dominate!

1-2 years is here!
If you are going to spam the thread with this at least get it right: It was 0-1 year(s) this summer therefore this current season is the last of the range that Strange predicted.
Quite right, but did Dude say anything different?
Did I say anything different?
Well you did say "get it right". :look:
To what was I referring when I said "get it right"? :?:
Before we go any further... are you a serial killer by any chance? :look:
I'd never do that to you - you are way too entertaining. ;)
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:36 pm My current weakest links are bearshe and poo. Replace them at the TDL
We all agree with you on Poo... but I've gotta disagree with you about the Baer.

I've been impressed with him all season... he doesn't appear to be afraid anymore.

After his most recent concussion, I thought for sure he'd go back to being afraid... but no!

He's a legit top-sixer now IMO, something we don't have enough of

... we missed him when he was out and I for one am glad he's back.

Great bang-for-buck contract as well...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:49 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:45 pm
DonCherry4PM wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:41 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:38 pm
DonCherry4PM wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:37 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:33 pm Two teams tied for the final playoff spot and the Canucks walk into their barn and dominate!

1-2 years is here!
If you are going to spam the thread with this at least get it right: It was 0-1 year(s) this summer therefore this current season is the last of the range that Strange predicted.
Did I say anything different?
Well you did say "get it right". :look:
To what was I referring when I said "get it right"? :?:
Before we go any further... are you a serial killer by any chance? :look:
I'd never do that to you - you are way too entertaining. ;)
Okay... WIN: DonCherry4PM
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Big game tonite, 4 pointer vs a team we're trying to catch and the boyz took it against Avs. The last game was a bit of a clunker, but we pretty much had control of this game for the full 60 minutes. Nice to see our foot soldiers/supporting cast win the game for us: Shotgun, Motte, Golden-One and the Rouster. Marky Mark was also very solid.

There's going to be a lot of hockey for the next 2 months. Hopefully they're rested and ready to go for the final 30 games and push for a playoff spot.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

alot of good things from tonights game:
-Goldobin gets a goal after being benched
-Brock unleashes a wicked wrister
- Motte goal was incredible
-Another outstanding game by Markstrom
- A great uptempo start to the game
The break after the all star seems to be just what the doctor ordered

editand Roussel and 2 points :cheers:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Pouliot's offensive skills are fine but as a pure defense man, in reality, he doesn't make NHL top six. No other way to say it.
Maybe, in an off the wall fashion, this might end up helping Gudbranson "become" the sum of his parts.
Just trying to think positively.
I've knocked down enough pucks to know exactly what Brock's palm feels like. Sends a zinger right up to your shoulder.
Hurts for about two weeks but usually doesn't hinder your game. I think that's what it is.
I notice Jake can be trusted now, in third periods protecting a lead, cool. Not too shabby for a second unit powerplay guy either.

To be honest, we could have had 8 or 9 goals tonight. We we were almost in cruise control. The Avs have a big confidence problem
at just about the worst time of year.

This Marky late bloomer thing is a tremendous bonus for us in conjunction with introducing Thatcher, cool.

Did anyone bother to watch Landeskog on after hours? See his twin sister? Cool, see if I can find that.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:57 pm Big game tonite, 4 pointer vs a team we're trying to catch and the boyz took it against Avs. The last game was a bit of a clunker, but we pretty much had control of this game for the full 60 minutes. Nice to see our foot soldiers/supporting cast win the game for us: Shotgun, Motte, Golden-One and the Rouster. Marky Mark was also very solid.

There's going to be a lot of hockey for the next 2 months. Hopefully they're rested and ready to go for the final 30 games and push for a playoff spot.
Out shot 35-26. We blocked 21 btw.....so the Avs had 56 shot attempts to our 24.

Out hit 32-16.

We had 12 takeaways to their 5.

To me that looks like they came in and put the pedal down but our goalie was way better and our forwards were more opportunistic.

I watched all but 7 minutes, and Colorado had more jump, and were applying more pressure for most of the night.

Markstrom was huge in this one.

I'm not trying to say that the guys played a stinker and got lucky. They played a solid game, but to say we had control of this for the full 60 is rather fanboy sounding.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:12 pm Markstrom starting to be acknowledged as a legit NHL goalie. 2 months of vezina calibre goaltending.

Fuckin blows my mind man. I wouldve never dreamed he had it in him.
I thought it when he was younger, but had more or less given up on him.
Great that he is finally getting there!
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

1-2 years is here!
So Doc, how Chef Boi here sees it - ole DC4PM was being disagreeable in agreeing with the ole 1-2 Years is Here slogan?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Per wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:52 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:12 pm Markstrom starting to be acknowledged as a legit NHL goalie. 2 months of vezina calibre goaltending.

Fuckin blows my mind man. I wouldve never dreamed he had it in him.
I thought it when he was younger, but had more or less given up on him.
Great that he is finally getting there!
Ian Clarke.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Whats with certain posters trying to nail down docs timeline from whenever it was he predicted a playoffs appearance? So much energy is wasted on this insignificant topic...strange indeed

Bottom line is the team is progressing ahead of expectations and theres some excitement in canucksland for the first time since 2011 basically
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Yeah, where's RG ghosting these days?

Reminds me of some head of inquisition putting people's feet to the fire. "When are we going to make the playoffs?! TELL ME! WHEN?!!!"

Damn right we're ahead of sched, Dan. Check my sig. That's the timeline.

If we somehow make the playoffs the year, the Aquas are going to piss off their Beverly Hills neighbors even more by adding an extra wing.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:42 am Whats with certain posters trying to nail down docs timeline from whenever it was he predicted a playoffs appearance? So much energy is wasted on this insignificant topic...strange indeed

Bottom line is the team is progressing ahead of expectations and theres some excitement in canucksland for the first time since 2011 basically
We even did a poll... ffs
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Did anyone miss Granlund last night? I'm not convinced on Bearshe or Goldy in the lineup, but they do fulfill a need so far. Definitely replaceable. I have said since they were acquired, that Granlund and Bearshe were the next level of placeholders but the Canucks are an injury away of those guys being indispensable.

The PK was once again impressive and having Bo, Jake and the Frenchie come out 1st shift afterwards is damn impressive. Jake is above 3rd line, Frenchie is below 2nd line. Leivo is over his head on the 1st line.

The Pettersson line can be exploited defensively.

Does anyone see frenchie as a short term top 6 fixture? I have a tough time with it long term, but would acquiring a solid 3-4 guy and moving Fench up strengthen the lineup down the stretch? Add in a 5-6 defender......

Neither will make the team a deep contender, but rather a shuffling of some of the placeholders in the lineup.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.