GDT: Canes @ Canucks Jan 23/19 7:30 pm SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canes @ Canucks Jan 23/19 7:30 pm SN

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:46 am
If Bo wants to be considered a legitimate 2nd line centre he needs to work on his tempo that sustains him for an entire shift. IMO his patented bull rushes where he tries to beat d-men out wide to get a shot in net completely gas him and isn’t working anymore. He needs to figure his shit out, use his line mates more, work smarter not harder.

It’s never a good sign when we start blaming line mates or lack thereof instead of the player himself. With Pettersson you could stick a fire hydrant on his line it don’t matter, he still produces
He use to be able to make those bull rushes all night long. He's hiding an ailment, IMO, for about 6 to 8 weeks.
Unless you think he's getting lazy and figures, what the hell, I got my contract.I doubt that.

When did we blame a line mate? :lol: :lol:
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Good night for the PK.

Pouliot's contract does not have a constipation clause.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

May the Schwartz be with you
If you need air...call it in
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Mëds wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:38 pm Yes. Yes you are.
Nice try, smart ass.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Jovocop wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:39 am
Nice try, smart ass.
Try?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Jovocop wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:00 pm
DonCherry4PM wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:56 pm
Jovocop wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:54 pm
DonCherry4PM wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:37 pm Yeah, we play so much better without Goldobin, we should probably trade him...
The last time I checked, Goldobin cannot play defense. If the Canucks lose tonight, it has to with the defense, not offense. Goldobin will never be able to help in the department.
Yeah, the loss has nothing to do with the fact we can't score more than them. It is only that we let them score more....

Depends on which side of the coin you look at.
Did you watch the game? Pouliot singlehandedly loses this game. What makes you think that a lazy player like Goldobin would be able to do? Give you a freaking second assist? He is no Bure nor Mogilny. Just wake up and smell the coffee.
Gotta agree, Pouliot was fucking horrible and pretty much cost us the game.

Beaten more times than Damonberry on a prison-yard break.

Responsible for more giveaways than a homeless shelter in a snowstorm.

He's been terrible all season, but he most certainly reached new depths last night.

(directly responsible for two goals against in the first period and a half... among other miscues)

He was rightfully benched for the rest of the period at the very moment of the convo above

... and only got a few shifts in the 3rd, for the sake of the other 5 dee.

Also agree on Goldie, tenth on the team in goals and he's a usual Petey partner??

He sticks out on this team like a sore thumb for his absolute refusal to backcheck.

And like Pouliot, he's a turnover machine, no wonder he's been benched for awhile...

They both need to be gone, flush Poo, and try to suck a GM in on Goldie's "potential".

Yes we need a couple of scorers, but Goldobin is not that...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:52 pm
Nice try, smart ass.
Try?
1. C'mon Mëds, you know you're a smart ass (and a Swede-hater) :wink:

2. Are we going to crucify guys for a single out-of-character typo now? :roll:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:28 am Canuck Management - if last nights test and the game Carolina plays wasn’t an eye opener and barometer for you for where we are and where we got to get to, then I don’t know what is

The rebuild isn’t over Francesco Aqualini - Don’t be a meddling silver spooned twat - you weekend warrior hockey fan
1I'm assuming that you saw Aquadude's live tweeting episode during the game the other night and used your patented superpower of selective reading to come up with your above statement.
Aquaman straight up said he would love the playoffs (no duh) but not at the expense of the future they are trying to build.

That sounds to me like he sees this group has a shot at landing the last wild card spot and getting a round of playoff hockey in both his coffers as well as under the belts of Boeser, Pettersson, Markstrom, Demko, Virtanen, Goldobin, Hutton, Stecher, and Leivo. Even guys like Baertschi, Horvat, Pouliot, and Granlund, all have less than 7 games of playoff experience, while back end vets like Tanev and Gudbranson can only claim to have played 16 and 13 games respectively. Our playoff experience comes from Eriksson, Edler, Sutter, Roussel, and Beagle.....the latter laying claim to 85 playoff GP.

Other than Edler, none of those guys are expected to lead from a top line or top pairing role, so the value of getting even a single round of playoff experience is invaluable at this point. Let them taste it and they'll want it all the more.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:01 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:52 pm
Nice try, smart ass.
Try?
1. C'mon Mëds, you know you're a smart ass (and a Swede-hater) :wink:

2. Are we going to crucify guys for a single out-of-character typo now? :roll:
1. I concede to the main point (but dispute the parenthesis.....to a point). :lol:

2. Isn't that what we do here? :look:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:11 pm 2. Isn't that what we do here? :look:
Smart ass. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:17 pm You’re conversing with a guy who thinks Erik Gudbranson is the second coming of Scott Stevens.
Blob, the King of Hyperbole, a master strawman craftsman. :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:56 am I turned the game off. What happened?
Svechnikov hit Guddy right in the numbers into the boards. Guddy thought it was dirty, chased him down ice, violently waving his stick at him, and a scrum ensued.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

It was also the worst game I've seen Pettersson play, he was lost checking vs the 'Canes puck movement.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:15 pm 2. Are we going to crucify guys for a single out-of-character typo now? :roll:
Do as Strange says (or implies), not as he does.
Strangelove wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:15 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:17 pm You’re conversing with a guy who thinks Erik Gudbranson is the second coming of Scott Stevens.
Blob, the King of Hyperbole, a master strawman craftsman. :lol:
The only slightly hypocritical, Strange. :lol:

Blob's hyperbole was in response to a similar one - no one has said Goldobin is Bure or Mogilny (or anything close to that).

That was met with further hyperbole that implied some were saying "every player should be playing for 800k". I haven't seen anyone post that.

As for Goldobin, I never said he was the answer to all of our troubles. I only indicated sarcastically that "we play so much better without him" and, without sarcasm, that "I think Goldobin would be able to put up points."

Goldobin's 5 Goals and 9 primary and 9 secondary assists definitely leave us all wanting more, but he is only 23. To me, he still has a lot of upside and I would rather see him allowed to play more to see if he can learn (as Jake (only a year younger) has seemed to for parts of this year). He is not going to make or break the team but, if he is afforded the time and patience to develop, he may turn into a useful piece of the puzzle.

For all the complaints about his defensive ability, his SAT is only 10 worse than the defensive juggernaut "Subtle Things Loui" - Yes, I know, that doesn't take into account many things but, nonetheless, it is a factor.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

“Benning is a genius” isn’t hyperbolic at all though
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”