GDT: Canucks vs Oilers - SNP @ 19:00 PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Oilers - SNP @ 19:00 PST

Post by Tiger »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:54 pm Whoever gets in either of the wildcard spots is a quick out. There’s a massive gap beteen teams 1-6 and 7-11 in the West this season.
Agree but think it would be a good experience for our young team and with EP we could win a game or two
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:27 pm I imagine that Blobs farts would clear a room.
Why are you imagining what Blobster’s farts are like?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Was at the gym to watch part of the game, you can bounce a nickel of my abs, good thing shirts are mandatory in the gym.

Canucks D are an interesting group, 1 night they look like an NHL calibre D then the next night 2 – 3 of them all seem to fart at the same time (keeping the theme going here). I do see the forwards coming back more and the D are keeping it simple, they still do the rush but seem to pick their opportunities better.

Boeser will come around, zero worries about that guy.

Really? MDZ for Schenn and a 7th? All it cost the team is 25% salary retention. What you cannot say about the Aqua family is that they are cheap.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mëds wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:44 am
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:27 pm I imagine that Blobs farts would clear a room.
Why are you imagining what Blobster’s farts are like?
I wonder if he whips off a quick load before posting that or after
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:18 amReally? MDZ for Schenn and a 7th? All it cost the team is 25% salary retention. What you cannot say about the Aqua family is that they are cheap.
Shenn makes $800K, no cap hit for him in Utica

MDZ was making $3million, with a cap hit of $3million. Trading him and retaining 25% is a steal of a deal

Vancouver reduced a $3mil salary and $3 mil cap hit to $1.55Mil annual salary and $750K cap hit.

Both disappear at the end of the season.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink »

Topper wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:28 am
Reefer2 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:18 amReally? MDZ for Schenn and a 7th? All it cost the team is 25% salary retention. What you cannot say about the Aqua family is that they are cheap.
Shenn makes $800K, no cap hit for him in Utica

MDZ was making $3million, with a cap hit of $3million. Trading him and retaining 25% is a steal of a deal

Vancouver reduced a $3mil salary and $3 mil cap hit to $1.55Mil annual salary and $750K cap hit.

Both disappear at the end of the season.
and as a added plus, they dumped a NHL roster player who was not playing regularly and got an AHL defenseman to replace Juolevi for balance of the season.

Removed redundant asset, gained needed asset, saved money, and created space to call up Kero in case one or both of Pettersson and Horvat not ready for next game. Good asset management!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

got a chance to see the game,

lil trojan being lil tojan again

seeing Bo, Brock, Bearchia attempt to cycle really makes you appreciate what the Sedins were able to do

how long does Nurse put up with dismal Edmonton?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.