GDT: Jan 3/19. 4:30 pm SN Canucks @ Habs

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Jan 3/19. 4:30 pm SN Canucks @ Habs

Post by Mickey107 »

Everyone sees games different ways.
Boeser busted his ass to score in the third! Hit two posts. All out effort.
No idea why anyone's raggin on him.

Take that A for ass off lil brandy boy-boy and give the letter the respect it deserves and give it to Boeser.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:18 pm Kotkaniemi is an 18 year old kid. Did you really want to see Hutton smash his face in ? As soon as Hutton saw who it was he backed off. There was no intent to injure, wasn't really a cheap shot, but it was interference. I would have been happy with a 2 minute penalty. Totally unlike the earlier throw down that caused his concussion. Pettersson is going to get hit, held, hooked, interfered with. He has to keep finding ways to play through it.

His loss just highlighted how razor thin we are in the top six. We need Goldobin to step up. We need Dahlen to step up in Utica.We need to find offensive wingers for Bo.

Loved Granlund's butt end.
Agreed. Two minutes for either hooking or interference would have been the correct call.
I see no intent to injure, but definitely intent to be a pain in the ass for the best player on the ice.

It could still be argued that the team needs to show the opponents that they should not mess with Eli, or they will pay.
I'm torn. As HW points out, it's an 18 yo kid and no intent, but still. We can't afford injuries on Petey.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Double post. :oops:
Last edited by Per on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Team won in Ottawa, everyone thinks they'll win 'em all. Team struggles a bit 24 hrs later, everyone wants trades and rags on players.

Fun to watch and read the emotional roller coaster of posts.

As funny as listening to the media who 4 months ago thought Vancouver was a lost rudderless ship but are now creaming themselves about a future of Horvat, Brock, Elias, Hughes, Woo, Demko, DiPietro and the amazing job Genius Jim is doing.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

micky107 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:43 pm Post games;
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... c-64607903

I've been waiting a long time for the appropriate opportunity and defining situation to say this:

BRANDON SUTTER IS A CANCER IN THE DRESSING ROOM AND TO THE TEAM SPIRIT.

Please get injured again or piss of Benning to the point he trades you for stale girlguide cookies if necessary.
We don't need fat Guds either. The guy who says taking two and five would not have been the thing to do. Pussy!

Look at the entire play. The pissy 18 year old was mad he lost a puck battle so he retaliated and threw EP down. He even took a wild swing at another Canuck.

Mad at Green again too. Says he watched the play many times and saw nothing dirty. GET GALSSES!
Try coaching more like you played, and quit being afraid of the league!!! Image

the whole Damn thing, full screen>>
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/pette ... c-64604303
Posts like this are why you should just wander over to HF Boards and stay there.....the logic and rationale employed here is the province of bountiful.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

So you want me to act unemotional like the team did. Is that right?
Does that protect star players now and in the future?
There is a message in a post like that.
Does not matter if the incident was a little dirty or a lot dirty.
The point is to teach others they will pay the price.
Good-bye big ratings for the vancouver toronto match.
Maybe could have been good-bye to the allstars as well.
Too chill Mëds.
Sutter brings on losing streaks..
Last edited by Mickey107 on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:36 am Team won in Ottawa, everyone thinks they'll win 'em all. Team struggles a bit 24 hrs later, everyone wants trades and rags on players.

As funny as listening to the media who 4 months ago thought Vancouver was a lost rudderless ship but are now creaming themselves about a future of Horvat, Brock, Elias, Hughes, Woo, Demko, DiPietro and the amazing job Genius Jim is doing.
You are like the Debby Downer on this board, let us be emotional fans.

no one is asking for trades except the same and same.

What pisses most fans is regardless of the intention EP was taking down on a play that should NOT have happened and there was little to no push back from the Canucks. What we have seen from this team, other than a few moments, is no push back when any player is hit/injured in a dangerous way. Based upon that the fans are over sensitive especially when their star player is hurt on a play that was unnecessary.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:54 am So you want me to act unemotional like the team did. Is that right?
Does that protect star players now and in the future?
There is a message in a post like that.
Does not matter if the incident was a little dirty or a lot dirty.
The point is to teach others they will pay the price.
Good-bye big ratings for the vancouver toronto match.
Maybe could have been good-bye to the allstars as well.
Too chill Mëds.
Sutter brings on losing streaks..
Nobody does much anymore bro. If they did there's no way skinny rakes like EP would ever be able to play the way they do.

What would you prefer....the Hatcher brothers winning Norris's or skinny kids dipsy doodlin?
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:55 am
Topper wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:36 am Team won in Ottawa, everyone thinks they'll win 'em all. Team struggles a bit 24 hrs later, everyone wants trades and rags on players.

What pisses most fans is regardless of the intention EP was taking down on a play that should NOT have happened and there was little to no push back from the Canucks. What we have seen from this team, other than a few moments, is no push back when any player is hit/injured in a dangerous way. Based upon that the fans are over sensitive especially when their star player is hurt on a play that was unnecessary.
Your emotions scale the highest waterfall and the deepest plunge pool.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Topper wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:01 pm Wow, you folks have gone full Bountiful with your bubble wrapped prodigy boy wonder.

Fuck me, plays like that battle up the ice away from the puck happen constantly. Shitty that Pettersson got his leg caught as they went down. Oh well.

Christ yes, Granlund's butt end was intentional.

Vancouver played only slightly worse than they did in Alberta and weren't able to score or generate many decent chances. Price didn't have a tough night and Vancouver didn't make him work very hard.

Once Pettersson was out, Jake should move to the 1st unit PP to be a shooter with Brock, put Erriksson in front and Bo dishing from the 1/2 wall with Edler as the lone D.
It was a dirty play. It's hockey not Jiu Jitsu. In fact, in Jiu Jitsu many schools frown on knee locks in class because of the catastrophic damage that can occur with little actual pain.

I think the Marchand on Ellars line of reasoning would have been warranted. Doug nothing is absolutely the wrong thing to do. IMO.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:23 am
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:55 am

Your emotions scale the highest waterfall and the deepest plunge pool.
Thank You
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:39 pm
Topper wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:23 am Your emotions scale the highest waterfall and the deepest plunge pool.
Thank You
Think coworkers you silly fuck! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Bwahahaha!!!

Reef...better start paging buddy now...friday nights are busy
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Never did I say the eighteen year old boy should have been destroyed by the Canucks for the dumb play on EP.
But you do need to do something. Cannot continue to just sweep things under the carpet and say, well, at least
it's not too serious.
Too many not too serious can add up to, well, I don't even want to think about it.
Someone could have run into Price and caused a bruhaha, something like that, all the time letting the Habs know why.
Believe it or not, opposing players do talk to each other all the time.
Make no mistake though, the incident was a penalty and therein lies a large part of the problem.
When the officials cannot enforce the rules of the game, (what's new), the players have got to step up and create some sort
of tit for tat enforcement of their own.
I do not believe the Canucks are doing that and I simply don't buy the don't want to take a penalty line.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:34 pm Never did I say the eighteen year old boy should have been destroyed by the Canucks for the dumb play on EP.
But you do need to do something. Cannot continue to just sweep things under the carpet and say, well, at least
it's not too serious.
Too many not too serious can add up to, well, I don't even want to think about it.
Someone could have run into Price and caused a bruhaha, something like that, all the time letting the Habs know why.
Believe it or not, opposing players do talk to each other all the time.
Make no mistake though, the incident was a penalty and therein lies a large part of the problem.
When the officials cannot enforce the rules of the game, (what's new), the players have got to step up and create some sort
of tit for tat enforcement of their own.
I do not believe the Canucks are doing that and I simply don't buy the don't want to take a penalty line.
a butt end to the face not enough mick
The only HW the Canucks need