GDT: Coilers vs Canucks - 7pm - SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Coilers vs Canucks - 7pm - SNP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post game interviews with Green--Boeser--Horvat
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/move- ... c-64030303
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is Blob still trading a 2018 lottery pick and two 2nd round picks for Stud Hamonic? :lol:

Hamonic - 2 goals 7 assists 13 PIMs
Gudbranson - 2 goals 6 assists 45 PIMs

Should we trade Boeser for Hamonic?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:14 am Is Blob still trading a 2018 lottery pick and two 2nd round picks for Stud Hamonic? :lol:

Was I ever proposing these moves?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I don’t Blob but one thing is for certain that 2019 top 5 draft pick? Say goodbye to it. Did you see us dominate the surging Hitchcock Oilers last night? Did you hear what Hitch had to say about the Canucks after?

It’s not a great draft class, Blob. We will get as good a player 17th overall as we would 5th overall

Doc how’s that 1-2 years looking? In my calculations we are right on schedule
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:44 am I don’t Blob but one thing is for certain that 2019 top 5 draft pick? Say goodbye to it. Did you see us dominate the surging Hitchcock Oilers last night? Did you hear what Hitch had to say about the Canucks after?

It’s not a great draft class, Blob. We will get as good a player 17th overall as we would 5th overall

It’s an excellent draft class. There is a great top 10 and pick 17 would not be as good as pick 5.

And it’s currently at 0 -1 years. Doc has called this the season they make the playoffs
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:36 am
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:14 am Is Blob still trading a 2018 lottery pick and two 2nd round picks for Stud Hamonic? :lol:

Was I ever proposing these moves?
:lol:

He sure goes off on tangents lol.
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:44 am I don’t Blob but one thing is for certain that 2019 top 5 draft pick? Say goodbye to it. Did you see us dominate the surging Hitchcock Oilers last night? Did you hear what Hitch had to say about the Canucks after?

What did hitch say?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:06 am

What did hitch say?
How would he know? He was probably lit up like a Christmas tree
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blaming the officials? I just read that he thinks we held onto mcjesus all night and theyre gonna play toughness with him instead next time.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Ken Hitchcock wasn't happy with the way officials handled the Vancouver Canucks' tactics against Connor McDavid on Sunday night.

The Edmonton Oilers head coach didn't want to address the overall disparity in penalty calls after his team's 4-2 loss. But he did express displeasure with the way his superstar - in his view - was restricted without repercussions.

"I'm not going to comment on the penalties, but the stuff that really bothers me is what's happening to Connor," Hitchcock told reporters postgame. "We're a league that's supposed to showcase our top players - and you don't want to give them all the freedom - but the tug-of-war on him was absolutely ridiculous (Sunday) and that's a little bit discouraging, to be honest with you.

"I can see the whack-and-hacking going on when he's got the puck, but to me, it's all the stuff behind (the play) that doesn't allow him to showcase his speed, and if that's what we want, well, that's fine, but I think it's a real disservice to a player like him."

McDavid logged more than 23 minutes of ice time in the game but managed only one shot on goal. He tallied a lone assist on Alex Chiasson's third-period marker.

"He's not allowed to play give-and-go, it's give-and-hold, so we're going to have to figure out a way to fight through it, or we'll just play toughness with them and figure it out from there," Hitchcock said.

-from The Score App
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Sounds like we rattled the fat man :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jimbro stole Boeser at 23 Blob, he will do the same at 17 in 2019

The Fat Man got rattled. Hard to do that to Hitch

Boeser “Pettersson will be one of the best players in the game if he isn’t already”

The genius of Jimbro. Wait til the mighty QUINN arrives, this team is gonna be bananas!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Just listening to coiler morning hockey talk and ryan reshaug(?sp) saying C-mcjesus commits almost an equal share of offensive interference regularly with holding guys off.

Fuck we really destroyed the coilers newfound confidence last night. :wow:

Lots of soul searching going on lol. They thought they'd found the magic again. :lol: Wrong
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doc I'll give u props on Leivo. He does alot of the little things that open up ice for his linemates.

Starting to look like we stole him for an ashtray full of roaches