GDT: 09/12/18. Canucks @ Blues, 12pm, SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 09/12/18. Canucks @ Blues, 12pm, SNETP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Theyre called placemat holders
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Boeser with the hat trick.
Petey with five points.

Wow. Just wow.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hank wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:12 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:50 pm
Hank wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:27 pm
Jovocop wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:14 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:12 pm Goldobin has such a great shot but sometimes he just looks to pass too much.
The problem is that Goldobin is no Henrik.
He isn't even Daniel.

Makes me laugh that most so called fans could never give the greatest players in franchise history their due, but continues to hang on to the Goldsacks for dear life.
Well obviously... the twins were stellar right out of the gate their first three years in the league. They weren’t handed 40 seconds of every PP or played sheltered minutes.

Goldobin is a bum. Cut his ass and bump up Tom Schaller’d ice time and and call up Laplante or Gagner
Yeah, so Goldy hasn't played 16+ minutes with the best player for almost the entire season? He hasn't been handed ice time regularly on both PP units?

Twins weren't great as teens, but they played 13 minutes a game (3rd line minutes) and averaged 30+ points those first 3-4 years. They played with Trent Klatt and other plugs. And they were good on the PP, they could actually drive it and were better options. People gave the twins shit early on, some deserved, most of it undeserved.

Goldy is 23 playing with top linemates. He's sheltered by everyone he plays with. A 19 year-old, now 20 is sheltering him by playing the 200ft game. Now Bo and Jake is sheltering him. He's okay, he's fine for this team at this stage but he's not a driver like the media wants you to be believe. You think he'll play here for his entire career? You think he's going make even half the impact? There'll be better top-6 coming along and then he'll be gone.
Goldobin loses the puck in the offensive zone all the time. He makes high risk passes that almost hardly work. GMJB might be pumping his stats by playing him with Pettersson and hopefully one of the GMs will give the Canucks a good pick for him.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:12 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:50 pm
Hank wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:27 pm
Jovocop wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:14 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:12 pm Goldobin has such a great shot but sometimes he just looks to pass too much.
The problem is that Goldobin is no Henrik.
He isn't even Daniel.

Makes me laugh that most so called fans could never give the greatest players in franchise history their due, but continues to hang on to the Goldsacks for dear life.
Well obviously... the twins were stellar right out of the gate their first three years in the league. They weren’t handed 40 seconds of every PP or played sheltered minutes.

Goldobin is a bum. Cut his ass and bump up Tom Schaller’d ice time and and call up Laplante or Gagner
Yeah, so Goldy hasn't played 16+ minutes with the best player for almost the entire season? He hasn't been handed ice time regularly on both PP units?

Twins weren't great as teens, but they played 13 minutes a game (3rd line minutes) and averaged 30+ points those first 3-4 years. They played with Trent Klatt and other plugs. And they were good on the PP, they could actually drive it and were better options. People gave the twins shit early on, some deserved, most of it undeserved.

Goldy is 23 playing with top linemates. He's sheltered by everyone he plays with. A 19 year-old, now 20 is sheltering him by playing the 200ft game. Now Bo and Jake is sheltering him. He's okay, he's fine for this team at this stage but he's not a driver like the media wants you to be believe. You think he'll play here for his entire career? You think he's going make even half the impact? There'll be better top-6 coming along and then he'll be gone.
I don’t disagree with most of this. I just laugh at people who throw boulders at guys like him and Markstrom and Stecher but cut massive slack for Gudbranson, Del Zotto , Granlund and Schaller. It’s hilariousxhow polarizing it gets for various scrubs on the team, especially when the three first three I mentioned are out performaning the latter four.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Maroon, like usual, just would not engage when the opponent is bigger and tougher than him. What a coward!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Games like this make me appreciate more and more that the twins decided to retire. If they wanted to play we would have signed them both, cause they could still produce. But I’m greatful they decided to move on when they did.
The only HW the Canucks need
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Didn't Stecher say that he practised shooting during the summer?

Those one-time whiffs, man...
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:18 pm
I don’t disagree with most of this. I just laugh at people who throw boulders at guys like him and Markstrom and Stecher but cut massive slack for Gudbranson, Del Zotto , Granlund and Schaller. It’s hilariousxhow polarizing it gets for various scrubs on the team, especially when the three first three I mentioned are out performaning the latter four.
I think a lot of people here do not like Del Zotto and Schaller that much. However, most of us know that they are placeholders. As for Gudbranson, he provides the size and toughness that no other defensemen have. Granlund is just a serviceable top 9 forward that can be used on all situations.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Our goal scorers:

Boeser x 3
Pettersson
Horvat
Goldobin

The future is now.
The only HW the Canucks need
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Agree. I'm glad the twins retired when they did. Our young kids need vet support, but younger and at the bottom 6 level.

We would not have seen this development otherwise.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jovocop wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:19 pm Maroon, like usual, just would not engage when the opponent is bigger and tougher than him. What a coward!
Whatever helps you sleep at night
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob why do you hate the Canucks so much? You need to get past Matthew Tkachuk, bro.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:24 pm Our goal scorers:

Boeser x 3
Pettersson
Horvat
Goldobin

The future is now.
Wait til Hughes arrives at the end of the season
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:27 pm Blob why do you hate the Canucks so much? You need to get past Matthew Tkachuk, bro.
Ok Lil Doc. I hope he least at lets you eat the corn off his fingers after you guys have your puppet show
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Two entertaining games in a row. Loving the young guys and the speed they bring. Good times ahead.
I’m just glad markstrom ditched that hideous ear mask. Gawd, I hated that thing. I’m sure that’s the reason he is playing better ;)