GDT: Nov.29/18, Vegas@Canucks, 7pm, SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Nov.29/18, Vegas@Canucks, 7pm, SNETP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Topper wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:59 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:22 pmNobody in their right mind thinks that
I agree with Baubles on this. Right brain people like himself, IN, and reef tend be good at artsy fartsy faggoty skills. Their strengths are feelings visualzation, imagination and arts. Apparently rhythmic thinking also a strength which hearkens to their broom pushing skills.

Left brain people like myself, are much stronger at things like facts and logic.
:lol: Don't you farm dirt for a living?

Topper?
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

It is amusing that many folks hate on Sam Gagne but hang off Goldobin's sack. I'd rather not have either of the. Ideally but at least Sam hustles. Goldobin has a few points but it's directly correlated to EP or accidental points on the PP. He's lazy, soft, and incredibly hard to watch.

Green and Baungartner shouldnt be coaching in the NHL. It seems like Greene is too emotionally fragile ego wise to motivate players with higher T levels than him.

Troy Stecher on the rush. Jesus christ it's like a train wreck. He's a punch hog that's terrible with the puck. At least he is better than Pouliot I guess.

I am however excited for the Jackpot!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:13 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:22 pmNobody in their right mind thinks that
I agree with Baubles on this. Right brain people like himself, IN, and reef tend be good at artsy fartsy faggoty skills. Their strengths are feelings visualzation, imagination and arts. Apparently rhythmic thinking also a strength which hearkens to their broom pushing skills.

Left brain people like myself, are much stronger at things like facts and logic.

Topper?
Oh you're a film maker.

Gold

Last edited by Topper on Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:13 am

Topper?
Well he does live in Rock Creek
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Per wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:31 am
Reefer2 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:34 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:55 pm Mathonwy! I forgot about that guy. :lol:
I doubt it, I’m pretty sure you 50 - 100 links to his posts just waiting until he comes back.

Do you create a spreadsheet on each poster? Is it sorted by topic or date? Curious minds want to know.
The good thing with a spreadsheet is that if you have separate columns for topic and date, you can change the way its sorted in a matter of seconds. Or filter it. The options are unlimited.

I love spreadsheets. :drink:
Agreed and you notice he did not disagree with what I wrote. Tops if you need to understand what a spreadsheet is and how to use there are courses at your local school.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:49 am
Per wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:31 am
Reefer2 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:34 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:55 pm Mathonwy! I forgot about that guy. :lol:
I
I doubt it, I’m pretty sure you 50 - 100 links to his posts just waiting until he comes back.

Do you create a spreadsheet on each poster? Is it sorted by topic or date? Curious minds want to know.
The good thing with a spreadsheet is that if you have separate columns for topic and date, you can change the way its sorted in a matter of seconds. Or filter it. The options are unlimited.

I love spreadsheets. :drink:
you notice he did not disagree with what I wrote.
Sometimes, Reefer, the best notes are the notes not played.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Databases >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>spreadsheets

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cock Reek :lol:

Is that sketchy shithole hanging over the river still slingin flat old stock?
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Rock Bottom Crik, your next stop is making meth in Greenweird.

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:32 am Databases >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>spreadsheets
So, basically saying that a warehouse is better than a newspaper?
Different things with different purposes.

Although.... since Office 2010c came out, you can actually build relational databases in excel. No need for access anymore.

Since we at present have no business intelligence software worth its name at my current workplace, I just use a backdoor in the accounting software, upload the sql information I need into excel, using the powerpivot addition, and then present it in a dozen or so dynamic spreadsheets where you can filter the information to find the nuggets you look for in no time.

Sure, if they'd just buy the good software I wouldn't have to, but excel gives me the tools I need to juggle the numbers anyway.
Don't know what I'd do without it.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

My 3D GIS package builds an internal DB that I use for geostats and mapping and analysis.

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Topper wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:29 pm My 3D GIS package builds an internal DB that I use for geostats and mapping and analysis.
You must have killer computer to handle GIS.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:55 pm
Topper wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:29 pm My 3D GIS package builds an internal DB that I use for geostats and mapping and analysis.
Its spelled jizz
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Mediocre gaming laptop, i7, some run of the mill nvidia graphics card, ok amount of ram. I got this one in July after my previous one died. Graphics card went POP and there was an acrid burnt electrical smell coming from it.

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:26 pm
Its spelled jizz
Don't get GIS in your computer when using the "geostats" for fap mapping and anal-ysis.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!