GDT: Canucks @ Ducks - RSN @ 19:00PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Ducks - RSN @ 19:00PST

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Man that Goldobin sure sucks....

Nice to see some push back from the kids. Definitely a bright spot in the season so far.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

How could that not be a penalty? Was that not an interference on Goldobin?
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

only if Pooalot had 1 fewer mistakes this game we could have won this
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Markstrom was good but that one bad goal is the difference. Seven losses in a row, out of the playoffs.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:25 pm Man that Goldobin sure sucks....

Nice to see some push back from the kids. Definitely a bright spot in the season so far.
Watch out for the lynch mob
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Jovocop wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:30 pm How could that not be a penalty? Was that not an interference on Goldobin?
No kidding.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:34 pm Markstrom was good but that one bad goal is the difference. Seven losses in a row, out of the playoffs.
The bubble has burst for sure.

Regardless time to put back up in net and give him a few. Markstrom needs a break
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:25 pm Man that Goldobin sure sucks....

yup! These loss'es are still very entertaining games.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Pooalot goes from goat to hero to goat again in 1 game. First goal he thinks he's Bachman/Marky Marky and hands the puck over to Getzlaf. He makes up for it by scoring a nice goal from a beaut feed from Samwise. In 3rd, he takes another big poop as he fails to move the puck leading to our guys fishing the puck out of the net. Sportsnet mentioned how our team has allowed the most 3rd period goals in the league, not something to be proud of. Sutter/Beags and Edler would help a lot in that dept, but can't make excuses. It seems like it's always one guy costing us at crucial times of the game, whether it be Del Zotto, Marky Mark or Pooalot, etc.

Couple things I would change:
a) I don't like Motte playing on a scoring line with BoHo. I don't mind Motte in bottom 6 and PK, but not top 6.
b) Erikksson seems to be better playing with plumbers, 3rd line with Grandlund-Rousell, etc. I think when he was hot, he got all his goals there. Don't think he scored any goals when playing with Petey. He seems kind of lost when out with Petey and he seems to slow that line down. Greener should keep Erikksson on a checking unit.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

We didn't play well at all. We had less structure to our game tonight,

then I've seen all year. Markstrom makes great saves then looks foolish on easy ones. What is that?
Skyo is right about Stecher being on the PP.
However, Stecher and Pouliot are the worst pairing Green could put out and I am getting tired of seeing Stecher leaving his side to "not"
help his partner. You never do that!!! Wide open every time. The book is being written on it.
If I was a coach, I might mention it.
Our passes were generally off the mark tonight and Todd: your right, why is Motte on the 1st line?
Bo just carries on, "Keeps on Truckin".
Don't want to see Elias lose his confidence, maybe gagne can talk to him and tell him what spending your whole career like that is like.
Sorry, that was ugly.
Ducks have had almost as much injury woes as us. Oh well, it's a young team, maybe their still in awe of Disneyland :drink:

Hey Wids; I'm all for women's rights, always have been, but I, for one, think there were a couple of options.
In all of our command.
As all of us command.
Google tells me what we did is technically proper grammar. Don't sound like it. ;)
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Goldy with 11 pts in 10 past games.

Nikolay Goldobin on pace for 14 goals and 38 assists, 52pts at this rate by seasons end, pretty good numbers for a guy making $863K per year, should get all his performance bonuses slightly over $200k.

Sam Gagner showing nice veteran presence with the puck, I know I ripped on him in preseason, but he's put in work in Utica :thumbs: and came back much more hungry and is showing why he's averaged 40+ points per season.

Ben Hutton quietly moves up to the 30th spot in the league in dman points with 4g, 6a, 10pts.

Yes the defense isn't the best but man that goaltending.
Canucks now have the 2nd highest Goals Against in the NHL (86 GA) & have given up the most 3rd period goals in the league (36).
3rd period collapse where the other team puts their foot on the pedal.

But to help stabilize the defense and goaltending, Edler and Nilsson should be back pretty quick as they are on the road trip.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Motte is Green’s - Linden Vey. He absolutely does nothing, good skater, that’s about it. Poor Bo, had to play with Scrubs. Even with Boeser it’s clear the Canucks need some true top 6 wingers.

When you have Granlund, Motte, Schaller rotating in and out of your top 4 wing positions that is just no good. I guess the Baertschi Boeser injuries are a cause to this.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:24 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:17 pm
SKYO wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:17 pm Get Stecher on that fucking powerplay already...christ what he do? sleep with Newell Brown's wife or what.
mmm because he sucks as a qb too?
That was a lucky goal. The shot was actually a knuckle puck, and still 80% of NHL goalies would have stopped it. I can't remember if that was Niemi or Lehtinten, but that's not even remotely close to a reasonable argument to make Stetcher a PPQB.

I remember Topper arguing what a terrible pinch it was and how he got lucky it didn't go the other way for an empty netter. I still disagree with that. Down by one with under 2 to play, risks need to be taken. The shot was still not a high quality one by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

The guy almost never hits the net, even when in the high slot with time his shot is often an accidental change up that goes wide more often than not.

He would be the 7th guy on most teams.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"