GDT: Nov.12; Canucks @ Rangers, 4:00pm, SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Nov.12; Canucks @ Rangers, 4:00pm, SNP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:49 pm
Per wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:13 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:18 pm They really need to get rid of the hybrid icing and go to automatic icing. Some of these calls are stupid. I’m talking the one just called against the Rangers.
I basically agree, but then Petey can't make that bank pass to Boeser.... :|
Oh hell, never thought of that. Ok, I like the hybrid. Keep it the way it is.
Ya, keep it but send the linemen back to "Hybrid Icing 101", classes. Knowledge doesn't seem to be retained if you wear stripes.

To further; We have hybrid icing. We have much more severe penalties for hitting from behind. Can't speak for everybody but I find
fighting for the puck scrambles behind the net, boring. Goalies don't go back there much anyways and really good players, like Gretzky, etc,
could flip the puck over the net and do wraparounds in prehistoric days:

What I am saying is it's time to restore the rink to the old format which would, hence, restore the neutral zone back to it's full length.
A faster, more entertaining game that rewards good skaters would emerge and trapping would be much harder and less effective.
Lose the trapazoids too.

This game was unfortunate. I hope it doesn't break their spirit, could've gone the other way just as easy.
Tomorrow will be similar except we'll be a little less spunky, if you believe that consecutive game shit. ;)
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The guy who has sucked the last two games is Tanev.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I'm seeing a tired group. Passes are a half second late or early, guys are fumbling a bit with one touch passes that have been connecting of late.

I think EP and Horvat are probably on the ice a little more than they should be...especially Bo.

When do Beagle and Sutter get back?
If you need air...call it in
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:04 am I'm seeing a tired group. Passes are a half second late or early, guys are fumbling a bit with one touch passes that have been connecting of late.

I think EP and Horvat are probably on the ice a little more than they should be...especially Bo.

When do Beagle and Sutter get back?
I agree, especially Bo with all the extra shifts for faceoff duties. Unfortunately the injuries hace resulted in extra pressure and ice time bèing put on both the vets and the new guys. Hopefully we should be getting some of our injured players back soon.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:21 am The guy who has sucked the last two games is Tanev.
He hasn’t played well. Tired of carrying a poor partner?

Edler needs to return fairly soon along with any of the forwards. This thing could go off the rails fairly quickly
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:48 am
Topper wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:21 am The guy who has sucked the last two games is Tanev.
He hasn’t played well. Tired of carrying a poor partner?

Edler needs to return fairly soon along with any of the forwards. This thing could go off the rails fairly quickly
I don't think of it as going off the rails as much as a return to reality. Over extending the young vets to carry the kids while a lot of the vet depth role guys have been hurt has not been good and is taking it's toll. That said, I still believe playoffs are a pipe dream and I still don't care. I'm happy watching the predictable growth of the young team.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Tanev is in "I can make it all work", mode. He's a big time team guy but it is up to Green to temper his madmanedness and say take it easy,
it's a long game, it's a long season and I want you there for all of it.
For the record; No one's been able to do that yet.
"evolution"