Canucks @ Sabres. 10am pst snw snp

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks @ Sabres. 10am pst snw snp

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:06 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:52 pm Lmao. Markstrom let’s in a bad goal and wears the goat horns. Rask and Halak combine for four or five bad goals and not a peep. The fact that the bounces went the other way for a change and the rubber sheets brigade is all over Markstrom
Yeah you're right, Canuck fans should complain about Bruin goalies!

IMPO you need to see a psychiatrist about your love for Marx.... Mr He's Better Than Miller.

BTW his GAA is 3.24 and his save% is 8.98 this year, how much longer can this team outscore his crappiness?
Ya really. This has been the longest a canucks goalie has ever gone without being accountable for this many miserable performances....why are we so tolerant?

Wheres the fuckin pitchfork when u need it
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:41 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:52 pm Lmao. Markstrom let’s in a bad goal and wears the goat horns. Rask and Halak combine for four or five bad goals and not a peep. The fact that the bounces went the other way for a change and the rubber sheets brigade is all over Markstrom

IMPO you need to see a psychiatrist about your love for Marx.... Mr He's Better Than Miller.

BTW his GAA is 3.24 and his save% is 8.98 this year, how much longer can this team outscore his crappiness?
Ya really. This has been the longest a canucks goalie has ever gone without being accountable for this many miserable performances....why are we so tolerant?

Wheres the fuckin pitchfork when u need it
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah you’re right. Canucks fans should black out that hideous goals are scored at both ends. LOL. Garbage goals are going in pretty frequently this season if you’d actually watch the games. At some point this year most of the goalies will calm down.

Hell maybe even you will doctah :(

Never ever said that Markstrom was better than Miller.

I look forward to your archiving
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:32 pm Never ever said that Markstrom was better than Miller.

I look forward to your archiving
You hated Miller from the time arrived until this very day... and loved Markstrom from the day he got here.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:35 pm I could care less what goalie comes in to play with Markstrom. I'm just happy that it doesn't seem like it's going to be Miller.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:41 am Miller is an overrated pos.

I don’t think Markstrom will be a top end goalie but to me it made sense to let Miller walk. It would have made more sense to never sign him but what the fuck ? They might actually know what they had in Markstrom by now.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:45 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Cornuck wrote: Blobby was vocal about not resigning Miller or any other vet and to let Markstrom take the reins. So far, he's been proven right.
Aww how cute! :thumbs:
I would have had no problem with them running with Lack and Markstrom and never signing Miller.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 7:29 pm Markstrom hasn't had a ton of NHL games the past two years despite some strong stretches of play. Sure he's had a few clunkers in there but the previous coach did him no favours. I'm fine with Miller on a one year deal at 3 million to COMPETE for the number one job. But it has to be an open competition not the bullshit we've seen for the last two years.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:04 am
Hockey Widow wrote:
That's why I say they may extend Miller for two more years and trade Markstrom at the TDD.
If this happens Jim Benning should be publicly beaten and urinated on.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 5:46 pm Give Markstrom a shot. He's starting a 3 year 11 million dollar contract. Give him an opportunity instead of sandbagging him which Desjardins seemed to thoroughly enjoy. If Miller will sign a one year deal for 3 million or so to COMPETE for the top job then that is great. Problem is Elmer will likely give him two years and 5 million per and guarantee him 55 games. At which point I may have to take a hiatus until this wrinser gets the boot.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 8:52 pm I WOULD NOT give Miller more than one year and MORE THAN 3 MILLION . Is this too hard for you to comprehend?
(note: you thought Markstrom deserved more money than Miller)

Hell, you even preferred the disgraced Eddy Lack to Mr Miller! :lol:

____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

A lot of goals going in this year around the league. And didn't John Garret say today that next year the catching gloves will get smaller? Its going to take goalies some time to adjust, some more than others. I only blame Markstrom for the tying goal. he played it far too casual and let out a horrific rebound. he made some great saves but that one hurt.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Abbotsford?

Did I say that Markstrom was a better goalie than Miller?

Fuck you pollute more threads than Jack Cewe did rivers.

Learn to move on. You’re making a KLOWN of yourself :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:03 pm Abbotsford?

Did I say that Markstrom was a better goalie than Miller?
Why yes, yes you did Colony Farm.

You said Marx deserves 22.22% more money than Mr Miller 1.5 years ago.

You said you preferred both Marx and Lack over Mr Miller.

You said Mr Miller is an overrated piece of shit.

You said Lord Benning "should be publicly beaten and urinated on" if he preferred Miller to Markstrom.

Ask your doctor to read my post you drooling toon...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Last word is yours.

Get back to your KFC and apologize to your guests for me

Peace Clark Park :mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:57 pm Image
:look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:42 pm A lot of goals going in this year around the league. And didn't John Garret say today that next year the catching gloves will get smaller? Its going to take goalies some time to adjust, some more than others. I only blame Markstrom for the tying goal. he played it far too casual and let out a horrific rebound. he made some great saves but that one hurt.
He'll be fine! Maybe he can even borrow John Gee's.

"evolution"
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

SKYO wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:03 pm
dangler wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:00 pm
SKYO wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:46 pm Yeah Goldy only leads the team in assists with 8 so far
might have something to do with line mates
Goldy is creative and speedy enough to make plays out there to keep up, you think Archibald would be pop gunning moves with dekes and edges with some give and go's out there? lol nah.
Archie's a 4th liner,it is very unlikely that would ever happen.
No arguing that Goldobin has skill & speed,he just tries to be too fancy alot of times and it leads to unnecessary turnovers.
Hopefully he will sort it out
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:42 pm A lot of goals going in this year around the league. And didn't John Garret say today that next year the catching gloves will get smaller? Its going to take goalies some time to adjust, some more than others. I only blame Markstrom for the tying goal. he played it far too casual and let out a horrific rebound. he made some great saves but that one hurt.
For sure that tying goal was a back breaker and the juicy rebound was unacceptable. His save pctg this year leaves a lot to be desired. That said through 18 games this year I’ve never seen a team give up so many grade A scoring chances as Vancouver. Teams are getting 10 or 12 great looks from 15 feet in. The d zone coverage is horrific. I think Marky has easily earned as many points if not more for the team than he’s cost them.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Our defense is not among the best, for sure but all around the league, seems like goalies are facing point blank shots and
2 on 1 chances.
Defense men didn't all have to be superb skaters but it seems like that's the way it is going to have to go. Good luck with finding that many.
With the clampdown on interfering in any way from behind, or even from the side, in many cases, it's hard.
I see guys running out of options and almost directing the offensive skater right into his own goalie.
Of course forwards are picking up on all this and embellishing, sometimes getting caught but not often.

But when 5 on 5 establishes in our zone, I agree with Blob, we suck real bad. It's mostly the defense but some of our forwards are
not good at it either. It' gets to be a cluster fuck and you get the felling watching, a goal is coming and it does.
They are improving. Not as bad as it was last year. We are head manning the puck better, fast breaks are starting to look good.
"evolution"