GDT: Nov.2. Avs @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 16062
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: GDT: Nov.2. Avs @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SNP

Post by Hockey Widow »

Jovocop wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:30 am
Per wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:41 am
5thhorseman wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:12 am Pettersson tied for 8th in the league in goals at 9 (P. Kane leading with 11).

The only player scoring at a goal-a-game pace!

Pettersson tied for 20th in the league in points at 15 (Rantanen leading with 24).

Strange that he's not racking up the assists as fast, considering he's such an elite playmaker.
You can't get assists playing with guys that don't score. :drink:


Boeser might help ihim mprove that stat! 8-)
I lost count of how many good chances Goldobin missed with Pettersson serving. A rejuvenated Boeser will definitely improve Pettersson's assists.
That chemistry with Goldobin hasn’t yet returned. If it does, what a line this could be.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3779
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: GDT: Nov.2. Avs @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SNP

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:24 am
Jovocop wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:30 am
Per wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:41 am
5thhorseman wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:12 am Pettersson tied for 8th in the league in goals at 9 (P. Kane leading with 11).

The only player scoring at a goal-a-game pace!

Pettersson tied for 20th in the league in points at 15 (Rantanen leading with 24).

Strange that he's not racking up the assists as fast, considering he's such an elite playmaker.
You can't get assists playing with guys that don't score. :drink:


Boeser might help ihim mprove that stat! 8-)
I lost count of how many good chances Goldobin missed with Pettersson serving. A rejuvenated Boeser will definitely improve Pettersson's assists.
That chemistry with Goldobin hasn’t yet returned. If it does, what a line this could be.
Goldobin is not much of a sniper though. Having a bigger and stronger guy to play with Pettersson and Boeser might help creating room for them to make plays.
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13623
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: GDT: Nov.2. Avs @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SNP

Post by Micky »

Goldobin's vision for the game, or the individual plays that have been drawn up, is often questionable.
Over time, that may be rectifiable but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
"evolution"
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9512
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: GDT: Nov.2. Avs @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SNP

Post by Cornuck »

Jovocop wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:17 pm Goldobin is not much of a sniper though.
Last year, I was shocked to see his shooting % was the same as Brock's at ~16% - this year he's down to 3% (Brock down to 10%) Which is the real Goldie?

Just a stat more than anything (or we'd have Mr 100% Darren Archibald on the top line) - but if Goldobin can't snipe, he doesn't offer much else and could be relegated to Placeholder. I'm not giving up on him just yet - but this is really his year to show the team what he's got.
2019-20 - Playoff Bound
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12189
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT: Nov.2. Avs @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SNP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Goldobin is an enigma with a hint of Kucherov lurking deep. He could all of a sudden find his juju and score a dozen goals in a few weeks. He timing is off but he does create space on zone entries fairly well with the other 2.

If he and Virtanen can take an extra stride we are sitting deep up front with talent.

Fuckin eh man....weeds legal and the canucks are winning! What a time to be alive and shit
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 27198
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: GDT: Nov.2. Avs @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SNP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:26 pm Gawd Pettersson is cunning.
Image Eli's cunning, hide your heart, girl!!! Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Per
MVP
MVP
Posts: 6459
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am
Location: Sweden

Re: GDT: Nov.2. Avs @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SNP

Post by Per »

Cornuck wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:13 pm
Jovocop wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:17 pm Goldobin is not much of a sniper though.
Last year, I was shocked to see his shooting % was the same as Brock's at ~16% - this year he's down to 3% (Brock down to 10%) Which is the real Goldie?
And then there's Eli - 39.1%! :shock:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 27198
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: GDT: Nov.2. Avs @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SNP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:17 pm Louie Louie


Late to the party, watched the game after midnight, recording ended abruptly with 5:55 left in the third. :evil:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13623
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: GDT: Nov.2. Avs @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SNP

Post by Micky »

That sucks.
"evolution"
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 16062
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: GDT: Nov.2. Avs @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SNP

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:35 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:17 pm Louie Louie


Late to the party, watched the game after midnight, recording ended abruptly with 5:55 left in the third. :evil:
Best OT ever in the history of OT :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 19980
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Nov.2. Avs @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SNP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:35 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:17 pm Louie Louie


Late to the party, watched the game after midnight, recording ended abruptly with 5:55 left in the third. :evil:
So you don’t watch the games.....
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
User avatar
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4943
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: On wide shoulders...

Re: GDT: Nov.2. Avs @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SNP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:35 pm
Late to the party, watched the game after midnight, recording ended abruptly with 5:55 left in the third. :evil:
So you don’t watch the games.....
Ooooh, zinger!

Doc inadvertently tees one up, Blob takes a huge cut...
Try to focus on THIS year...
User avatar
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 am

Re: GDT: Nov.2. Avs @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SNP

Post by 5thhorseman »

I'm ready to try Boeser Pettersson Virtanen.

Goldobin has good playmaking skills that might be better utilised on a line where he's not duplicating what Pettersson does.
User avatar
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1742
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Contact:

Re: GDT: Nov.2. Avs @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SNP

Post by Tiger »

5thhorseman wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:13 pm I'm ready to try Boeser Pettersson Virtanen.

Goldobin has good playmaking skills that might be better utilised on a line where he's not duplicating what Pettersson does.
+1
Amazing we won 9 out of 15. .600 . ? No more tankers on board :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 10882
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: GDT: Nov.2. Avs @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SNP

Post by rats19 »

Tiger wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:48 am
5thhorseman wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:13 pm I'm ready to try Boeser Pettersson Virtanen.

Goldobin has good playmaking skills that might be better utilised on a line where he's not duplicating what Pettersson does.
+1
Amazing we won 9 out of 15. .600 . ? No more tankers on board :)
It’s fun to watch the kids eh tiger??? Even our warts are ok with the growing youth movement that isn’t over yet
Getting old is not for the young...
Post Reply