GDT: Oct 31, Hawks @ Canucks, 7PM, SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Oct 31, Hawks @ Canucks, 7PM, SN

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Gauncer, the Hawk killer! Archiballz got a goal his first game back, now Gauncer. Hopefully Gauncer comes back hungry and works hard everynite to make it hard for mgmt to send him back down. Nice win for our guys with a depleted lineup and when our stars don't hit the scoresheet.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Gaunce. Gaunce. Gaunce.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is it me or is Motte fading? He’s ripe for a scratching. I like Schaller, Motte started out well but is fading fast
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:42 pm They comp,I eat each other very well.
:shock: :look:

Gaunce!!!
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:42 pm At the end of last season Gaudette and Virtanen were showing good chemistry. Tonight it was back. They comp,I eat each other very well.

Goldobin has been lost since Eli got hurt. Someone needs to him Eli is back.
Ya, doesn't sense where to go anymore. It messes Pettersson up. Have to try something different.

How the hell was that hit not a penalty.
"Not the puck carrier". "Targeted the head" Green has to do more than shake his head on these things cause they will happen again, and again......
"evolution"
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:43 pm Gaunce. Gaunce. Gaunce.
I’m waiting for some stone-handed demon to conjure up from the floor.

Thanks Widz...
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Gudbranson - probably his best game of the season, was a Tower of Power™ back there, the stabilizing factor, kept it simple and steady.

Gaunce the Blackhawk killa. Granlund low-key the utility guy again, team Selke trophy styles.

Shotgun Jake's on fire! all those posts/crossbar shots are now goals finally!

Good to see everyone help chip in with scoring besides the big gunners in Boeser, Horvat and Pettersson.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Not surprised at Jake's success. New it was always there.
Listening to his post game interview tells me he isn't going to let anything go to his head, stay the course, both ends of the rink.
One point two five.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Top of the Pacific. :wow:

Who'd'a thunk? :look:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Was pretty well 2 different games. Not sure how or why but canucks totally took over the 2nd half and laid the boots to the shit hawks. Excellent.

Obviously JV has taken a big step this year. If he can sustain this and we get Brock Boeser back from injury we are fuckin loaded up front.

The goaltending by JM has been an adventure but he seems to be holding things together for the moment.

I have absolutely no idea how the defense is hanging in there with the injuries and the talent we have back there but its absolutely the achilles heel holding us back from maybe making a legitimate push.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a trade for a puck moving/ offensive type dman to prop up that gaping hole. We get hemmed in too much by quick forechecking teams
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:18 am Was pretty well 2 different games. Not sure how or why but canucks totally took over the 2nd half
Green switched to opening night lines
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hank wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:46 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:42 pm They comp,I eat each other very well.
:shock: :look:

Gaunce!!!
Yeah I am worried that they are part cannibals, I guess anything to put fear in the other teams.

HW - who did you hear this rumour from?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:18 am I have absolutely no idea how the defense is hanging in there with the injuries and the talent we have back there but its absolutely the achilles heel holding us back from maybe making a legitimate push.

Keeping things simple plus not having their Fire Captain in their own zone off the team helps. I also see a lot of back checks, JV was in front of the net when he saw his 2 defence teammates battling along the boards. That is good team playing and being situational, not only JV but others are being better in their own end, heck even EP is doing his thing in their own end.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:41 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:18 am Was pretty well 2 different games. Not sure how or why but canucks totally took over the 2nd half
Green switched to opening night lines
Good point. Firing up that 2nd scoring line was the key. Did the cocks switch defense partners accordingly as well?

Read a little on their bitch page and theyre laying the goat horns at the feet of Manning
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:24 amtheyre laying the goat horns at the feet of Manning
I've been wondering how he feels about chelsea dagger? Have they started calling him Brad?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.