GDT: Oct 31, Hawks @ Canucks, 7PM, SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Oct 31, Hawks @ Canucks, 7PM, SN

Post by Strangelove »

dangler wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:50 am
5thhorseman wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:31 pm Holy shit, is Blob on the Hutton train! Chop choo!

We need D who can threaten to go end to end.
Blobs given him a clean slate :roll:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

15 games in and its a tie between Hutton and Virtanen for most improved kid. Really really welcome timing.

Somebody is pushing the right buttons this fall. I'll go with the coaching staff and whatever changes they've made.

Oh and adding a rookie juggernaut like EP the calder trophy lock helps i guess. Young guys with talent like these kids possess all finding their inner drive at the same time is a fuckin awesome thing to watch.

Its been awhile eh co-sufferers?
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:09 pm Its been awhile eh co-sufferers?
Seems like forever....
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

When did we ever draft and develop more than 2 prospects during the same window? That's how sad this franchise has been.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Hank wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:32 pm When did we ever draft and develop more than 2 prospects during the same window? That's how sad this franchise has been.
The only time i have felt this level of optimism is when they had a young Linden and Bure then traded butcher and quinn for ronning courtnall momesso. They made a late push after the trade but fell short i think. It didnt matter the team and city were stoked. Went on to be a fantastic core...best ever canucks teams in my opinion.

I can see some similarities between the 2 groups
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:09 pm 15 games in and its a tie between Hutton and Virtanen for most improved kid. Really really welcome timing.

Somebody is pushing the right buttons this fall. I'll go with the coaching staff and whatever changes they've made.

Oh and adding a rookie juggernaut like EP the calder trophy lock helps i guess. Young guys with talent like these kids possess all finding their inner drive at the same time is a fuckin awesome thing to watch.

I've been focusing on this for the last 3-4 years...
____
Try to focus on someday.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:09 pm 15 games in and its a tie between Hutton and Virtanen for most improved kid. Really really welcome timing.

i think part of it is addition through subtraction. Big respect for the Sedins,but their style just didn't mesh with the style of hockey we can see Green wants to play.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:50 pm

I've been focusing on this for the last 3-4 years...
Your prescience shall be noted and acknowledged
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Some have noted the pending subtractions and additions for several years.

Interesting watching the naysayers waking the FUCK UP.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hank wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:32 pm When did we ever draft and develop more than 2 prospects during the same window? That's how sad this franchise has been.
What about when the Sedins, Kessler, Edler, Burrows were all being developed with a few years of each other or do you mean in 1 season?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:58 pm Some have noted the pending subtractions and additions for several years.

What is interesting to me is that the turning point that i saw was the Dahlen and Goldobin trades at that deadline...and neither are relevant to the teams recent successes.

Maybe the subtractions and roster spots cleared out?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:58 pm Some have noted the pending subtractions and additions for several years.

Sure Top you saw the future and knew EP would be this good in his first year, you should work for the Canucks and pick more super stars.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:17 am

What is interesting to me is that the turning point that i saw was the Dahlen and Goldobin trades at that deadline...and neither are relevant to the teams recent successes.

It was a turning point in that ownership/management finally wised up and started to rebuild.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reefer2 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:22 am

Sure Top you saw the future and knew EP would be this good in his first year, you should work for the Canucks and pick more super stars.
You’re trying to talk sense to a guy who was adamant that Sbisa and Vey were good hockey players
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:29 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:17 am

It was a turning point in that ownership/management finally wised up and started to rebuild.
I figured the same. Was Boeser drafted that year or the one before though? I doubt anyone could have known how well he progressed otherwise he wouldnt have been there at 23