GDT: Oct 24/18 Canucks at Vegas. 7:00 pm SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Oct 24/18 Canucks at Vegas. 7:00 pm SN

Post by CrzyCanuck »

SKYO wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:34 am Zack MacEwen is another guy I think who deserves a shot, he had a good preseason, big rugged dude who has having a solid AHL season so far.
can't skate for his life. Think his skating is worse than Archibald's
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO still hasn't transitioned out of the Dana Murzyn/Jason Allison days of hockey where terrible skaters could still manage to eke out an NHL career
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:41 pm Oh ya. First place in the Pacific!!
That is just too funny.

1st in the Pacific, after getting through a grinding schedule.

There's another 6 game roady in a couple weeks, they'll have played 1/3rd of their road games by Nov 15.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

ESQ wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:01 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:41 pm Oh ya. First place in the Pacific!!
There's another 6 game roady in a couple weeks, they'll have played 1/3rd of their road games by Nov 15.
Getting the roadies out of the way can be a good thing, but it's also where we tend to pile up injuries cause guys get tired and beat up. The little nagging things lead to more serious injuries as guys wear down.

Hoping its nothing serious for the guys that left last night.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Kuzma's take on the game;
https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... y-injuries

Also hearing that the Canucks "might" be asking for a review for the hit on Baertchi.
"evolution"
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Tiger wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:53 pm Hmm well that lineup is certainly inventive
It's our 10th game and we are at 5 wins 4 losses .
Good chance we come out of this game a .500 hockey team
6 out of 10 but paid a high price. ?
A gritty effort. Markstrom stole one .
? 600 hockey ...
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Aaronp18 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:14 am
ESQ wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:01 am
Getting the roadies out of the way can be a good thing, but it's also where we tend to pile up injuries cause guys get tired and beat up. The little nagging things lead to more serious injuries as guys wear down.

Hoping its nothing serious for the guys that left last night.
I hadn't realized it, but you're right, all of the injuries occurred on the road - though that's not too surprising, since they've only played 3 games at home.

However, there's a high chance that Pettersson and Boeser will both be back by tonight, or at the very latest during the upcoming homestand.

If they play .500 on the road AND have Bo, Brock and Elias healthy and playing by Nov 15, they will be in very good position.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:41 am
SKYO wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:34 am Zack MacEwen is another guy I think who deserves a shot, he had a good preseason, big rugged dude who has having a solid AHL season so far.
can't skate for his life. Think his skating is worse than Archibald's
RoyalDude wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:36 am SKYO still hasn't transitioned out of the Dana Murzyn/Jason Allison days of hockey where terrible skaters could still manage to eke out an NHL career
LoL my poor canucks fans bro's, I know ya'll don't follow the comets much, but Zack has hella improved this year, he's a workout machine, he's just getting better and better, getting a lot of props from Comets GM Johnson and coach Cull.
Johnson on Zack MacEwen : “His growth in 1 year has been outstanding, if he stays on track it’s only a matter of time before he gets a chance. Young players can look at him and the work ethic and attention to detail.
Trent Cull has been really impressed by the steps taken by Zack MacEwen since last year. Says looks like he’s turned a corner but that they want to continue to challenge him.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hank wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:26 pm you only focus on Troy's boy-size cup. From day 1, your over-the-top love of (Stecher) has been butt-clenching.
:lol:

(sorry Mick)

Butt seriously, gotta love the battle-level in the team this season. Credit: Coach Green and Future Captain Bo.
____
Try to focus on someday.