Capitals @ Canucks 7:00PM

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Capitals @ Canucks 7:00PM

Post by rats19 »

micky107 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:09 pm Not invested from the start. Horrid game.
Piss poor skate out song. Techno-babble shit!!!
Don't like that Anthem singer. She doesn't let the fans sing it right. :twisted:
Wasn't "all" troy's fault, :drink: he wasn't the worst.
Can't just say we lost to the best when we didn't even come close to trying ours. :evil:
Totally got what we the team deserved.
Green's motto; smile at the ref, that'll show him your pissed :lol: rookie sophomore crap coaching.

BIG STEP BACKWARDS.
Little harsh mick ffs

Stanley cup champs vs team rebuilding in early stages...
Without our young star.

Get over it
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:46 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:15 pm Brilliant penalty 44! Bravo! :mad: :lol:
Is it just me or has he been massively exposed as a fuckin bogus asset this fall? I dont see anything whatsoever worthy of anything other than a league min contract for that kind of depth defenseman. Andrew Alberts the second
I am not a Gudbrandson fan, but he is not Alberts. While Alberts was a giant, he didn't use his frame like one would have hoped. Gudbrandson plays like one. A slow one, sometimes a dumb one, but one nonetheless.

Gudbrandson is more like Bryan Allen, in my view. A top defensive D prospect with shut down potential. A guy that you think sometimes can be more, but can't show any consistency against skilled and mobile players. (Caveat -- Allen had a good couple of seasons with Florida, probably better than anything 44 has put together). For two main reasons: (1) slow-footed + lack of skating agility; (2) average or below average anticipation (thus, can't make up for subpar skating skills).

Last night was Gudbrandson's worst game of the season. Stecher's, too. Their partners performed adequately, but both Hutton and Pouliot are defensemen better being carried by a partner (and allowed some liberty) than carrying their partners.
Hono_rary Canadian
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

rats19 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:06 am
micky107 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:09 pm Not invested from the start. Horrid game.
Don't like that Anthem singer. She doesn't let the fans sing it right. :twisted:
Can't just say we lost to the best when we didn't even come close to trying ours. :evil:
Green's motto; smile at the ref, that'll show him your pissed :lol: rookie sophomore crap coaching.

BIG STEP BACKWARDS.
Little harsh mick ffs

Without our young star.

Get over it
My goodness, Rats, perspective!!!

Winnipeg and Washington are probably the best two teams the Canucks have faced. One the Stanley Cup, the other a conference final, and neither have lost key personnel.

I was thinking as I watched the game that the WCE-era Canucks -- a good, experienced, and developed team -- would have had a hard time beating that Caps team in a 7 game series. So should it be a surprise that when both teams put in a good effort that the Canucks would lose? Nope. And I thought the Canucks put in a good effort, with a couple of individuals having good games (Horvat in particular, but also Tanev) and a couple of bad games (Stecher, Gudbrandson).

I think the Kuzzy and Ovy goals show how much more dangerous the Canucks PP can be if teams have to worry about Petterson and Boeser instead of just Boeser. It is amazing what one player can do to the quality of special teams and the depth of the lineup.
Hono_rary Canadian
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:27 am The whole bottom 4 of the back end is a liability no matter who they dress. Most teams have a top 4 D. This team has a bottom 4 D. They are completely devoid of a middlr pair of d men to make them competitive over 82 games. Stecher is no better or worse than Gudbranson. Hutton is no better or worse than Pouliott. All four shouldn’t be playing more than about fifteen minutes a noght
Yeah, I'd put Gudbranson back with Edler, they were a good pairing last year and it was the best that Gudbranson played in a Canucks uniform. Then give Hutton or Pouliot to Tanev and hope for the best.....our 3rd pair is what it is.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Without our young star.

"micky107

Scapegoat analogy. ffs

One of their goals was on Nilsson.
Their first was on a miscommunication between Pouliot and Stecher.
Their best players were not covered worth a damn. Is that because they won the Stanley Cup?
If it makes ya'll feel better, sure.

Good team vs team rebuilding in early stages...
Without their young star.

Think I heard that last year when Brock was out.
Think I heard that the year before that when Horvat was out for a spell.
I'm just plain sure I will hear it next year if Hughes gets a boo-boo.

Think we the team should "Get over it".

What I saw was the Canucks not picking up their checks. Not the Capitols having rocket boosters on their skates......
Last edited by Mickey107 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

micky107 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:51 am
Without our young star.

Scapegoat analogy. ffs

One of their goals was on Nilsson.
Their first was on a miscommunication between Pouliot and Stecher.
Their best players were not covered worth a damn. Is that because they won the Stanley Cup?
If it makes ya'll feel better, sure.

Good team vs team rebuilding in early stages...
Without their young star.

Think I heard that last year when Brock was out.
Think I heard that the year before that when Horvat was out for a spell.
I'm just plain sure I will hear it next year if Hughes gets a boo-boo.

Think we the team should "Get over it".

What I saw was the Canucks not picking up their checks. Not the Capitols having rocket boosters on their skates......
is this all 1 link or am I missing what he said he said.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

i was pissed reef, i fixed it a bit. dont feel like doin it over, so ............
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

8:00 am and the guy is gowed

Shocking :shock:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:48 am 8:00 am and the guy is gowed

Shocking :shock:
American pissed.
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

KEEP CALM and QUOTE PROPERLY.

:mrgreen:

Ok, boys & girls. Shelve this and move on to the next one.

EP comes back and takes the Strip out of Vegas. Good Knight for our Golden Boys.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hank wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:55 am KEEP CALM and QUOTE PROPERLY.

:mrgreen:

Ok, boys & girls. Shelve this and move on to the next one.

EP comes back and takes the Strip out of Vegas. Good Knight for our Golden Boys.

"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

UWSaint wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:13 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:15 pm Brilliant penalty 44! Bravo! :mad: :lol:
Is it just me or has he been massively exposed as a fuckin bogus asset this fall? I dont see anything whatsoever worthy of anything other than a league min contract for that kind of depth defenseman. Andrew Alberts the second
I am not a Gudbrandson fan, but he is not Alberts. While Alberts was a giant, he didn't use his frame like one would have hoped. Gudbrandson plays like one. A slow one, sometimes a dumb one, but one nonetheless.

Gudbrandson is more like Bryan Allen, in my view. A top defensive D prospect with shut down potential. A guy that you think sometimes can be more, but can't show any consistency against skilled and mobile players. (Caveat -- Allen had a good couple of seasons with Florida, probably better than anything 44 has put together). For two main reasons: (1) slow-footed + lack of skating agility; (2) average or below average anticipation (thus, can't make up for subpar skating skills).

Last night was Gudbrandson's worst game of the season. Stecher's, too. Their partners performed adequately, but both Hutton and Pouliot are defensemen better being carried by a partner (and allowed some liberty) than carrying their partners.
Meh Alberts. Allen, Dirk, Strudwick, Gudbranson whoever....none of those guys is a top 4 guy on a decent team in today’s NHL. Not fast enough and not enough skill.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

UWSaint wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:13 am

Meh Alberts. Allen, Dirk, Strudwick, Gudbranson whoever....none of those guys is a top 4 guy on a decent team in today’s NHL. Not fast enough and not enough skill.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:15 am
Jovocop wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:13 pm

BIG STEP BACKWARDS.
Stecher tried hard but his mistakes were costly. One bad pinch allowed the Caps to score first and one bad penalty that killed the Canucks' chance of coming back.
Stetcher is big liability. Tiny non defensive-non offensive dmen have no place on an NHL blueline
Stecher's problem is not knowing his limitation, gambling at the wrong time which usually ends up costing the Canucks 2 points. To make it worse, he cannot score enough to overcome his deficiency.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Time to take stock..
Canucks have won 5 out of 9 games
3 of the wins were against top 10 teams
TB, Penguins and Boston.
We are playing without 2 key centers.
I never dreamed we'd do this well at the start of the season.
Last night we faced the best offence in the world
Our team has questionable goaltending and defence
Add to that ( DUMB ) penalties
So did anyone really think we'd win ? If so call your psychiatrist :D

Agree .. Topper can drive Stecher to the plane :lol:
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice