Canucks @ Panthers 7:00 PM ET SN1, FS-F

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks @ Panthers 7:00 PM ET SN1, FS-F

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The shame of it all, Petterson might not be the same player after this, will be curious to see if his confidence remains in tact or he becomes a tentative player stuck on the perimeter, getting rid of the puck quicker than usual.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:13 pm I would have been ok with payback but I love the win more. There will be a time and place, it wasn’t tonight in a game we could win.
Disagree HW, the Canucks are not a playoff team so 2 points is great but a push back from the team is more important and who says they could not of done both? The biggest thing I hated about this team after we lost the character players and in the SC finals was the lack of push back, sends the wrong message to the rest of the league.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:56 am The shame of it all, Petterson might not be the same player after this, will be curious to see if his confidence remains in tact or he becomes a tentative player stuck on the perimeter, getting rid of the puck quicker than usual.
He had a good nights sleep and is feeling better. Good news so far. Anyone hear if he had a concussion?
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Just read the rest of the comments and we are all saying the same thing, a push back should of happened.

Matheson should of expected something and the next time he was out, who ever our enforcer is could of tapped him on the skate and told him what was coming. Although Matheson is not a fighter he would probably answer the bell, if not then the Canucks would get an extra 2 for instigating, so we have a PK, so what. Push back was more important.

If there was not chance then take a run at one of their star players, this is not hard to do, face wash after the whistle, what ever but something had to happen. Green wanted his win and then after the game he looks pissed off, well he should of been pissed off in the game and demand to know why the blind zebra did not even call a penalty.

I know you should not show your emotion but every once in a while I would love to see a Canuck coach lose it on the bench instead of looking like they want to hold hands and sing kumbaya.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:29 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:13 pm I would have been ok with payback but I love the win more. There will be a time and place, it wasn’t tonight in a game we could win.
Disagree HW, the Canucks are not a playoff team so 2 points is great but a push back from the team is more important and who says they could not of done both? The biggest thing I hated about this team after we lost the character players and in the SC finals was the lack of push back, sends the wrong message to the rest of the league.
Gillis tried - his answer to Lucic and the loss of Erhoff (couldn’t re-sign because of Buyout Ballard’s contract) was trading our 10th overall pick Cotton Hill Hodgson for a known party animal in the minors - Zach Coke-assian and Gragnani - in the words of Gillis, “the next Erhoff”

Remember the interview with Gillis post Hodgson trade - “we want Kassian to be our Lucic”

“Aussie Rules Football is the future of the NHL” - Mike Gillis

The whole Kassian/Hodgson debauchery could have been diverted if Gillis (outside the box thinker) drafted Myers or Karlsson instead of s known terrible skatin dwarf legged centre with known attitude problems who’s Dad rivaled Eric Lindros Dad, this after losing Bourdon a month earlier, a team with a 23 year old Kesler and a 27 year old HENRIK owning the top two centre ice positions.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

When we play them again theyll dress Haley for sure. Thatll be the end of the payback right there unless we acquire an asset between then and now
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

You'd think the guys would stand up for a young player who is making the entire team look better than it is. Who cares about the 2 points when you can set a precedent about fucking with our young guys. There should have been a swift response before the Canucks even took the lead, anything now will look like retribution and will be punished heavily even if slightly over the line.

Not only does Gudbranson get turnstiled with great regularity but he only really handles his own beefs. He talks a big game while hurt in the press box but when it comes down to it he doesn't protect his teammates in the slightest. He's usually the first to skate away from scrums including near the end of the game last night when Beagle was protecting Nilsson from post whistle pokes and jabs. He does play physically but will only fight when he himself has roughed up a skill player. The last time he stood up for a teammate was fighting Martin in 2015, if there's a more recent example please share.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:42 am When we play them again theyll dress Haley for sure. Thatll be the end of the payback right there unless we acquire an asset between then and now
I believe Haley is recovering in a league sanctioned rehab program.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Looking at it from a purely "2 points" standpoint. You need to consider that sure, we got the win. We also may have got the win after we found some revenge. More importantly, if we lose Pettersson for any length, or some other fuckhead takes him out - we're going to lose a LOT more games with Pettersson out of the lineup.

But we watch the sport for more than "the win". Canuck nation started the season feeling some pride and excitement with a new era. 5 games in we're pissed at the team, the coach, the culture, and pretty much anything else related to the Orca. We see a new cast of characters with the same attitude we watched for the past 10 years. "Get 'em back on the power play!"

We lost Pettersson for a while - even if he's back, he's likely to be a little slower and less effective for a while. We lost Beagle. The team lost the respect of its fan base. It's going to be interesting to see if this changes the team culture in anyway going forward, or if we're destined to be Team Smurf".

Players come and go, but DAMN I miss Rypien and what he brought to the team.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

3 months he should be out though ya? I dont actually know how long that takes...i know your piss is clean after 45 days of no bowging and the crackheads of mcmisery can piss clean within a week
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cornuck wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:45 am Looking at it from a purely "2 points" standpoint. You need to consider that sure, we got the win. We also may have got the win after we found some revenge. More importantly, if we lose Pettersson for any length, or some other fuckhead takes him out - we're going to lose a LOT more games with Pettersson out of the lineup.

But we watch the sport for more than "the win". Canuck nation started the season feeling some pride and excitement with a new era. 5 games in we're pissed at the team, the coach, the culture, and pretty much anything else related to the Orca. We see a new cast of characters with the same attitude we watched for the past 10 years. "Get 'em back on the power play!"

We lost Pettersson for a while - even if he's back, he's likely to be a little slower and less effective for a while. We lost Beagle. The team lost the respect of its fan base. It's going to be interesting to see if this changes the team culture in anyway going forward, or if we're destined to be Team Smurf".

Players come and go, but DAMN I miss Rypien and what he brought to the team.
Amen Corny. The team right down from the manager to the guy selling hotdogs is a pile of pussies. Even Linden was a gigantic wimp. Elmer was a butter soft player. Green never played tough until he got to the leaves with Corson, Tucker, Domi, Belak etc.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:47 am 3 months he should be out though ya? I dont actually know how long that takes...i know your piss is clean after 45 days of no bowging and the crackheads of mcmisery can piss clean within a week
If the only goal is to get his piss clean then ya that doesn't take long. I would hope the NHL/NHLPA assistance program has loftier goals.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Remember Blobbee is very protective of BC Born and Raised NHL’ers, the overrated Ladd and Brouwer and Seabrook and their awful contracts, which explains why he is running to Greens defence.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:09 am Remember Blobbee is very protective of BC Born and Raised NHL’ers, the overrated Ladd and Brouwer and Seabrook and their awful contracts, which explains why he is running to Greens defence.
Where exactly am I running to Greens defence?

Oh I get it.... it’s when I said don’t hang it all on Green. So you think the players are blameless and it’s 100% on Green?

I’m protective of Seabrookes, Brouwers and Ladds contracts? Yeah no they are shitty deals just like the Eriksson one that you seem to love.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:09 am Remember Blobbee is very protective of BC Born and Raised NHL’ers, the overrated Ladd and Brouwer and Seabrook and their awful contracts, which explains why he is running to Greens defence.
Pretty sure all of those 3 would've taken a run at matheson...where was looeeey