Canucks @ Panthers 7:00 PM ET SN1, FS-F

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks @ Panthers 7:00 PM ET SN1, FS-F

Post by Per »

Per wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:35 pm
SKYO wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:15 pm
griz wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:09 pm Gretzky had Semenko.
Bure had Odjick.
Who does Petterson have? :look:
And the Penguins won the Stanley Cup again after they got crazy ass Sestito to play a handful of games vs the rowdy teams during the regular season.

Ovechkin has Tom Wilson.

Just sayin' big fella N. Ritchie is still without a contract. (RFA).
I think you could get Rahimi on the cheap.
And seriously, he'd probably be an improvement over some of the D we have today....
Not to mention, he played with Pettersson in Växjö when they won gold, so he knows how important Elias is to a team.

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Im still pissed but seeing stuff like this makes me more angry... first from Botchford 2nd Paterson the best part of the Paterson quote is when he says sending a Message to THE ENTIRE LEAGUE... but shame on me thank fucking god we got those 2 points

this is from Paterson Post game
here's a discussion to be had about the value of a standings point in mid-October for a non-playoff team. The game was tied 2-2 at the time of the Pettersson injury. A minute later, the Canucks took a 3-2 lead. If someone would have gone after Matheson and received a penalty, the Canucks still would have had the chance to kill it off. Their penalty killing was good on Saturday. Even if Florida would have scored, there's a strong possibility that the game would have gone into overtime and the Canucks would have secured at the very least a single standings point. And they'd still have a chance to collect the bonus point. So there was a scenario whereby they could have gained a measure of revenge and still get both points. There was a scenario where they could have made a statement and taken just one point. The rematch in mid-January is Game 47 of the season. Who knows what the Canucks season looks like by then? Would it not have been worth risking perhaps a single standings point to send a message to Matheson, the Florida Panthers and the entire league? It seems standing up for Petterson is worth a single point in the standings
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-b ... 1.23463214

I, in an extreme case, in the third period, could see a point in protecting two points had it been a divisional rival, that we would be seeing
multiple times anon. " Maybe".
As to the above link, there is no question Matheprick was embarrassed and in an instant, decided to himself, I'm gonna hurt you you little prick.
That in itself should get him 10. But it wont.
Because of the obvious and extreme futility of the on-ice officials, (all of them), not reacting, It wont.
The worst thing is, because of the lack of response from the Canucks and Coach Green, it wont.

I am 100% sure Aqualini will not be pleased with the lack of response.
I have done my insignificant little tweet but I am aghast with the low key approach.
They come to Van once, wow.

Wouldn't want to see the look on his parent's faces now.

I would be saying this if it had been Virtanen or Horvat, w/e.
Not looking for a stick swinging incident or that sort of thing.
Just grab him and punch him out. For shit's sake, he was there, meaning, stayed in the game, tickled pink with himself.

We are weak.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

TITO!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Last year, this too was on purpose.
Admittedly, not as obvious right away, but upon first replay.
Soon enough.
Hope this isn't a trend.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Don’t hang it all on Green. Yes I’m sure the Canuck players were losing it and going to go cave Matheson’s grill in. Sooo many tough guys on the club. What fuck is wrong with Kid Rock from Abby that he can’t take a 30 foot run at Matheson with his speed. The guy is built like a tank and is the best skater on the team. Or Horvat? Or Roussel? NOBODY can get in on the guy and get a few licks in? This team has been a pile of fucking wimps for 30 + years. Last decent policemen they had were Fraser, Delorme, Snepsts and Mcilhargey.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

micky107 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:18 am

Last year, this too was on purpose.
Admittedly, not as obvious right away, but upon first replay.
Soon enough.
Hope this isn't a trend.
Are you for real? You think that was on purpose?

Boeser tried to hit Clutterbuck. Clutterbuck does what any hitter would do and pushes back with some shoulder and arms of his own. Boeser is, for one a rookie, off balance, not a hitter in the first place, and ends up on his ass.

Look no farther than Virtanen the other night against what's his name from Carolina (or was it Tampa?). Guy goes to hit him and he just stands him up and knocks him back on his ass.

This was on purpose.....unreal. What is this place becoming Bountiful West?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Bullshit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mëds; just because "Clutterbug" decided to be an ass in a split second, doesn't mean it wasn't on purpose. He's known for it.
After he pushed Brock into the open door, look at his demeanor. He's proud of himself.
Not saying Brock wasn't trying a body check but...................
Last edited by Mickey107 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mickey Mouse is out to lunch. The hits aren’t comparable
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:23 am Don’t hang it all on Green. Yes I’m sure the Canuck players were losing it and going to go cave Matheson’s grill in. Sooo many tough guys on the club. What fuck is wrong with Kid Rock from Abby that he can’t take a 30 foot run at Matheson with his speed. The guy is built like a tank and is the best skater on the team. Or Horvat? Or Roussel? NOBODY can get in on the guy and get a few licks in? This team has been a pile of fucking wimps for 30 + years. Last decent policemen they had were Fraser, Delorme, Snepsts and Mcilhargey.
I don't hang anything on Green for the simple matter hes coaching for his job 2 points are more important to him than the well being of the franchise player cause if we are being honest Pettersson 4 years from now is probably 1st line centerman I'm not sure Green is here tapping him on the shoulder to go out on a shift... If the team is in the 60s again the Gm probably gets dusted and the next guy coming in here probably has this coach on a short leash...

This coach is nothing like this player and I can only surmise its got to do with job security cause when the Travis Green from back in the day is leaving his feet hitting a guy from behind chirping the bench getting a penalty skating to the box and then pulling a U turn to throw a punch at Sens players after Tucker goes nuts I don't think he was thinking gee 12;30 min to go down 2 lets turn the other cheek cause its still a game but today 2 pts in game 5 of the season they all add up baby more important than protecting the franchise player

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:42 am Mickey Mouse is out to lunch. The hits aren’t comparable
Keep drinkin your lunch boy, the response is comparable. That's the point.
And it's Micky without the e.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:50 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:42 am Mickey Mouse is out to lunch. The hits aren’t comparable
Do you huff paint thinner or drink it by the mug Mickee?

There was no need for a response on the Clutterbuck hit. It wasn’t dirty or malicious.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:58 am
micky107 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:50 am
Do you huff paint thinner or drink it by the mug Mickee?

There was no need for a response on the Clutterbuck hit. It wasn’t dirty or malicious.
Others disagree, blobeeee. But thanks for calling it a hit.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Sorry folks. I get a little hot under the collar sometimes.
"evolution"