GDT 03-Oct-18: Canucks vs Flames 19:00 PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT 03-Oct-18: Canucks vs Flames 19:00 PST

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:12 pm
Per wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:09 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:32 am Pettersson seems to pass like a Sedin and shoot like Naslund. That’s a nice package.
Just remember that he tends to be a slow starter. Once he gets used to the NHL rink size, he'll really light it up! 8-)
LMAO! A goal on your first shot in the first period of your first NHL game, and one that was a rocket that would have beat most NHL goalies at that.....plus a helper that demonstrated ridiculous on-ice awareness.....I mean, he's no 4 goal Auston Matthews I guess, but if this is a slow start we have a franchise center at last.
Well, yeah. This was his first NHL game and he barely got ten minutes of ice time.
With a little experience, and twice the ice time, he can clearly do better! :drink:

Why do you think I drafted him for my yahoo fantasy team?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:46 am
Mëds wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:12 pm
Per wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:09 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:32 am Pettersson seems to pass like a Sedin and shoot like Naslund. That’s a nice package.
Just remember that he tends to be a slow starter. Once he gets used to the NHL rink size, he'll really light it up! 8-)
LMAO! A goal on your first shot in the first period of your first NHL game, and one that was a rocket that would have beat most NHL goalies at that.....plus a helper that demonstrated ridiculous on-ice awareness.....I mean, he's no 4 goal Auston Matthews I guess, but if this is a slow start we have a franchise center at last.
Well, yeah. This was his first NHL game and he barely got ten minutes of ice time.
With a little experience, and twice the ice time, he can clearly do better! :drink:

Why do you think I drafted him for my yahoo fantasy team?
Yup. I picked him up last year and dropped him in my minor team in my keeper league. Rookie salary makes him a money player.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Enjoyable game. Petterssen was outstanding so i checked the boxscore. He was only on the ice 9:46 . Golddobin 1 min less ! Definitely the most exciting line on the ice.
Worst line on the ice goes to the 3 B's .. Boesser looked in terrible shape. It showed in the boxscore. 2giveaways, -2 . Plus a 2 min penalty. The result was a -2 for the whole line.
Defensive play by the other 3 lines and pk was excellent.
Markstrom posted a .943 save % !
Top defence +/- Pouliot at +4 with Gudbranson at +3 . Worst by the " littlr trojan " and MDZ At -1..

Motte and Graanlund were defensively outstanding along with Sutter, Beagle.
Not a lot to bitch about this game 🌝 Jakes penalty was more than made up for by his goal.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Jovocop wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:46 am
More importantly, Pettersson skates well. If, and only if he can pack another 20 lbs of muscles... :mrgreen:
I'm 6'2" in height. At 21 years old I weighed around 160 lb when I started weight training with vinyl covered concrete weights in our basement. Two years later when we moved to the coast from Kamloops I sporadically trained at SFU's weight room before joining Spartak Fitness in south Burnaby, the first actual gym I joined. By the time I became a father at 26 years old I weighed 190 lb. Stopped training for 3 years, went down to 178 lb then joined a gym in PoMo where in 5 years I went to 218 lb with a 330 lb bench press, 450 lb squat and 440 lb deadlift. I did this without a personal trainer, no steroids, no creatine, little protein powder because I'm allergic to milk and did so while working shiftwork and becoming a dad 2 more times. This is why when posters here whined about Juolevi being a string bean at 18 years old while weighing 182 lb at a height of 6'2.5" I though it was overkill. As a matter of fact Juolevi came to prospects camp in 2017 at 198 which was too much for him to put on in one off season. It showed as he couldn't keep up with the speed of the other players in Penticton. When it comes to him and Pettersen I don't worry about what weight they will play at because with professional trainers and nutritionists they will make better gains than I did at a younger age.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:38 pm Your five goal scorers:

Pettersson
Goldobin
Leipsic
Virtanen
Motte

The future is here.

We have 7 pages. Cow puke has 60+
Yes, that thread was hilarious, it showed that almost all of the posters there are still too stupid not to get their male appendage consistently caught in their zippers after using the rest room. All the better because they won't be breeding.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:54 pmNice to see Beagle Hound come as advertised, a beast on the dot and great on the PK. The duo of Beagle-Granlund and Sutter-Motte were great on the PK all nite. It was fun to watch these guys kill penalties and just stifle the Flame's O.

U can see why Travis kept a guy like Motte over Samwise, Motte being a guy who knows his role, can check all nite and has good wheels (even though Samwise is more talented).
Yeah I like how Beagle is aggressive even right after the whistle when players push each other around, Beags is right up in there, pushing back, chirpin back aha, stark difference from the former canucks who shied away from such brawl room banter, he has some of that young burrows/kesler/torres edge.

And yeah good call keeping Motte, nice to have some of the youthful all-out work ethic with some speed as well.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:25 pm Yeah I like how Beagle is aggressive even right after the whistle when players push each other around, Beags is right up in there, pushing back, chirpin back aha, stark difference from the former canucks who shied away from such brawl room banter, he has some of that young burrows/kesler/torres edge.
I heard Beagle doesn't swear/curse, so I wasn't really sure if he is the A-hole type that we all want more of in this lineup. I was a bit concerned that he was going to a Ned Flanders type and be another gentle giant that we always seem to get. Yeah, I don't expect him to fight all the time, but if he's not afraid to get into a scrum to stick up for a mate or pushback against a cheap shot, that's what I want to see.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Ya dont have to swear to chirp well.

remember duncan keith when Backes got clocked.

"Wakey wakey, Backes! Wakey wakey!" lol fucking asshole.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:23 pm Thought Sutter and Gudbranson played well.

Granlund and Motte were great on the pk.
:wow:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

SKYO wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:46 pm Ya dont have to swear to chirp well.

remember duncan keith when Backes got clocked.

"Wakey wakey, Backes! Wakey wakey!" lol fucking asshole.
Ya, agree.

But I do like this one from Burr (forgot who was the recipient of this sage advice).

"Tug on your balls, you fucking pussy!"
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Or steve avery when brown concussed cooke...

"Hows your fuckin head cookie?"
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

"I've always wanted to fight cancer."
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Loui Loui on track for a 164 point season. 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Topper wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:01 am "I've always wanted to fight cancer."
:)
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP