GDT: preseason: Canucks @ Flames. Sept 22/18 6:45pm, SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: preseason: Canucks @ Flames. Sept 22/18 6:45pm, SNP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:24 pm
SKYO wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:21 pm
Hank wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:12 pm Watching these preseason games, you see how shallow our right-side D depth really is.

Tanev, Gudbranson, Stetcher, Biega, Chatfield... Other than the Tan-man, it's pretty sad. There's no way you can move Tanev, not with Aqua's mandate of "Win Now For Luigi".

:roll:
Trade for Myers, Jets can't afford to re-sign him with Laine and Trouba needing new contracts for next year.
Or sign Myers in the summer. Why piss away assets for him so you can maybe sign him? Pure stupidity for a rebuilding team. He migh get here and hate the losing and hate the rain and leave after one season.
There is this thing called asking for permission to speak to his agent prior to a trade - to see about signing a new contract extension first, not rocket science.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hank wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:12 pm Watching these preseason games, you see how shallow our right-side D depth really is.

Tanev, Gudbranson, Stetcher, Biega, Chatfield... Other than the Tan-man, it's pretty sad. There's no way you can move Tanev, not with Aqua's mandate of "Win Now For Luigi".

Trade for Myers, Jets can't afford to re-sign him with Laine and Trouba needing new contracts for next year.
Here he goes
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I still give Demko 10-15 NHL games throughout the season, he needs to get some pro games to know what to expect for the future.

Ian Clarke will be invaluable for him this year.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jack Hughes is a “real” possibility
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:26 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:24 pm

Or sign Myers in the summer. Why piss away assets for him so you can maybe sign him? Pure stupidity for a rebuilding team. He migh get here and hate the losing and hate the rain and leave after one season.
There is this thing called asking for permission to speak to his agent prior to a trade - to see about signing a new contract extension first, not rocket science.
Keep the assets.Sign a guy(s) as a UFA. This team needs to build depth at all positions, not piss it away once they get a little bit. There will be a guy out there that will be a substantial upgrade on Gudbranson
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:36 pm Jack Hughes is a “real” possibility
"Canucks" probability > "real" possibility

so no Jack Hughes
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Nice pass by Pettersson!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Another point for Petterson. He comes as advertised.
The only HW the Canucks need
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

You know whats really scary, aside from Elias there hasn't been one prospect who is trumpeted as a future piece that looks ready...
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Has Boeser had a SOG yet this preseason?
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Pettersson and Q Hughes are on the same level regarding IQ. It’s going to be sweet watching those two make some magic
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:36 pm Keep the assets. Sign a guy(s) as a UFA.

This team needs to build depth at all positions, not piss it away once they get a little bit.

There will be a guy out there that will be a substantial upgrade on Gudbranson
Well depends on what assets would be given up, if you can keep most of the quality prospects and picks, and all the Jets want is affordable NHL roster player depth for another Cup run, doesn't hurt to check in on that.

Anyways, wooooooooo! Sutter, superstar Elias with the threaded pass. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

olpaddy wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:44 pm You know whats really scary, aside from Elias there hasn't been one prospect who is trumpeted as a future piece that looks ready...
Pettersson is the special one though. Most of them need a bit more seasonings for sure. I would not write any kids off yet.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:44 pm Has Boeser had a SOG yet this preseason?
Hes whiffed on a couple tonight i don't remember him doing that last year lets hope that gets out of the way in the preseason and he is back to his usual self once the season star a sophomore slump cannot happen or this gets really ugly
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:44 pm Has Boeser had a SOG yet this preseason?
Green will bench Boeser for the first two games and he will take off. :mrgreen: