GDT: preseason: Canucks @ Flames. Sept 22/18 6:45pm, SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: preseason: Canucks @ Flames. Sept 22/18 6:45pm, SNP

Post by Tiger »

Although impressed with the play of Petterssen he maybe a better fit on the wing . His faceoff % is below 20% If Gaudette proves to be an NHL ready center a line of Petterssen and Virtanen with Gaudette at center might work out as a mobern version of the West Coast Express.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Tiger wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:26 am Although impressed with the play of Petterssen he maybe a better fit on the wing . His faceoff % is below 20% If Gaudette proves to be an NHL ready center a line of Petterssen and Virtanen with Gaudette at center might work out as a mobern version of the West Coast Express.
You are my friend!
Now that's exactly the kind of onward to the future way of doing things that will get this rebuild done quicker and more successfully.
I too remember the last few games last year when Jake and Adam looked pretty effective on a line.
Add in the talents of Elias and that's a line!
Even if Green tried it, would be for a game or a period. :scowl:
Try it for at least a MONTH, and then you are coaching.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tiger wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:26 am Although impressed with the play of Petterssen he maybe a better fit on the wing . His faceoff % is below 20% If Gaudette proves to be an NHL ready center a line of Petterssen and Virtanen with Gaudette at center might work out as a mobern version of the West Coast Express.
Seems like Green likes having Granlund be on Pettersson' line to take the faceoffs.

Clarke will help Demko transition to the NHL quicker imo, but Demko later on in the season should get like 10 NHL games, get him prepared each season to slowly take on more responsibility.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:05 pm
Seems like Green likes having Granlund be on Pettersson' line to take the faceoffs.

Clarke will help Demko transition to the NHL quicker imo, but Demko later on in the season should get like 10 NHL games, get him prepared each season to slowly take on more responsibility.

We have the two Swedes under contract who have not been out played. Demko is going to Utica. There will be an injury or two in net along the way so he will get called up. The question will be if Green starts him or not.

He’s much better served this year playing 50+ games in Utica rather than sitting on the bench here.

Next year he has a spot to lose out of camp. This year he had to win a spot, next year he has to lose it. He’s not ready yet and with our D so bad I really don’t want him losing his confidence when he gets continually lit up and loses games.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:34 pm
SKYO wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:05 pm

We have the two Swedes under contract who have not been out played. Demko is going to Utica. There will be an injury or two in net along the way so he will get called up. The question will be if Green starts him or not.

He’s much better served this year playing 50+ games in Utica rather than sitting on the bench here.

Next year he has a spot to lose out of camp. This year he had to win a spot, next year he has to lose it. He’s not ready yet and with our D so bad I really don’t want him losing his confidence when he gets continually lit up and loses games.
I guess that depends on if the Canucks are in playoff contention or not lol (hey it could happen aha), if the team isn't close to the playoffs, Green should let Demko get 10ish NHL games under his belt (give him a taste of pro's), it'll mentally help him prepare for the 2019/2020 season onwards to know what it takes and what he needs to work on in the offseason.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Well, I think Demko can handle it.
But he won't get the chance.
However; I will send out the warning that Nilsson will suck this year even worse which will not do much for team confidence and progression.
Also, if Demko was in there for one in three games, AND, being a youngish player, the psychological effect, in my opinion, would be that
of a "lets pull together", we are the new core and we rock".

Sounds godd uh. 8-)
"evolution"