GDT: April 3, 2018 3rd last game, ever, for the Twins vs Golden Knights.

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT: April 3, 2018 3rd last game, ever, for the Twins vs Golden Knights.

Post by Hockey Widow »

I’ve been ready to give up on Goldobin several times this year. Fortunately for him injuries allowed him to play more and his confidence has been growing. It is an argument for letting the kids play. Without all of the injuries I doubt Green gives him as much room, he was forced into it.

Same with Virtanen since about January. Injuries increased his Ive time, his increased ice time has fostered his confidence. Right now he’s snake bitten but I liken that to Bo’s first year. He couldn’t buy a goal and Willie told him not to worry about offence. Do the little things right and the offence will come. Next season I see 20+ goals for him, if he gets to play.

If the emergence of Goldobin and Virtanen is not a mirage then it buys us another year to let other players develop in Utica, if need be.
The only HW the Canucks need
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Can you imagine what it would do for Jake's confidence if he converted a couple of those great chances he generated on his own; the wrap around, the power move cutting to the net, and rush in OT. Two of those go in and he's sky high...massive boost to head into the offseason with. He's getting close...just keep it going Jake and it'll come. Also wouldn't mind him doing what Kes did that offseason when he fired a billion pucks. The power is already there, but it's wild and just needs to hone his accuracy.

I don't know if Goldy will ever shake his tendency to float. Though gotta say really encouraged to see the tenacity in his backcheck lately..just not sure it'll stick. Thing is I'm ok with a floater or two on the team as long as production is consistent. So it's quite simple for him...you score, you stay.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Nuckertuzzi wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:52 am Can you imagine what it would do for Jake's confidence if he converted a couple of those great chances he generated on his own; the wrap around, the power move cutting to the net, and rush in OT. Two of those go in and he's sky high...massive boost to head into the offseason with. He's getting close...just keep it going Jake and it'll come. Also wouldn't mind him doing what Kes did that offseason when he fired a billion pucks. The power is already there, but it's wild and just needs to hone his accuracy.

I don't know if Goldy will ever shake his tendency to float. Though gotta say really encouraged to see the tenacity in his backcheck lately..just not sure it'll stick. Thing is I'm ok with a floater or two on the team as long as production is consistent. So it's quite simple for him...you score, you stay.

We carried floaters like Bert and Naslund because they were 2/3 of the West Coast Express. Bert was a lazy ass back checker, relied on size and strength. I don’t know if Green will carry floaters. Not unless we have three other responsible lines and a solid D corps.

I’m all in now on let the kids play.
The only HW the Canucks need