GDT: April 3, 2018 3rd last game, ever, for the Twins vs Golden Knights.

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: GDT: April 3, 2018 3rd last game, ever, for the Twins vs Golden Knights.

Post by Jovocop »

Just sad, it could be one heck of a game for the Canucks, especially for the Sedins.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I have no doubt that Tuch missed that on purpose to let Henrik have a go. I have never seen such a weak assed attempt. Even Markstrom looked like WTF on that.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Mëds wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm I have no doubt that Tuch missed that on purpose to let Henrik have a go. I have never seen such a weak assed attempt. Even Markstrom looked like WTF on that.
That kid showed some class, unlike the freaking coach. Seriously, the 2 points really meant nothing to the Knights.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

That was a pretty good try by Danny, but no goalie was going to buy the Hank slapper :)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Jovocop wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:05 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm I have no doubt that Tuch missed that on purpose to let Henrik have a go. I have never seen such a weak assed attempt. Even Markstrom looked like WTF on that.
That kid showed some class, unlike the freaking coach. Seriously, the 2 points really meant nothing to the Knights.
What did the coach do?
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Mëds wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:08 pm
What did the coach do?
Two challenges in a game. If he had another chance, he would probably make the third one.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Jovocop wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:20 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:08 pm
What did the coach do?
Two challenges in a game. If he had another chance, he would probably make the third one.
He did his job. How is that classless? The 2 points means nothing to either team at this point. I would have challenged the call in OT as well. Stecher is lucky that the situation room was feeling generous, we've seen that call go the other way many times.

If you actually played any kind of sport you would know that being given a victory is no victory at all.

The shootout is a gimmick, and the players know it, had Tuch done that on a breakaway or penalty shot attempt, it would have been as much a slap in the face as anything else.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Starting to think Stecher could be trade bait this summer as well ha :o

Sedins, Goldy, Virtanen had the best CF% 5v5 this game.
Sutter played awesome.

Gonna be emotional these next coupla games.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

SKYO wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:51 pm Starting to think Stecher could be trade bait this summer as well ha :o

Sedins, Goldy, Virtanen had the best CF% 5v5 this game.
Sutter played awesome.

Gonna be emotional these next coupla games.

+1 . And the Sedins were on the ice for 3 goals ( ok .. so they were for the knights ) :mrgreen:

Fun game and a great goodbye game for Danny and Hank
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Jovocop wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:23 pm Golden shower all over Gallant and the Knights!
The Golden Boy red hot! :D
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

It's apparent we're going to continue to suck real bad for at least another 2-3 years. Just hope the kids can make losing fun like they did tonight.

Really encouraging that a couple of guys we were ready to write off not so long ago are keeping us interested. Could maybe even add Gaunce in there with Jake and Goldy. Not ready to give up on any of our young'uns really, not even our D. Hope Benning keeps the promise he made on air when he said "let's see what the kids can do next year"..and most importantly stay patient with them. We all need to be, got no choice now.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Mëds wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:38 pm He did his job. How is that classless? The 2 points means nothing to either team at this point. I would have challenged the call in OT as well. Stecher is lucky that the situation room was feeling generous, we've seen that call go the other way many times.

If you actually played any kind of sport you would know that being given a victory is no victory at all.

The shootout is a gimmick, and the players know it, had Tuch done that on a breakaway or penalty shot attempt, it would have been as much a slap in the face as anything else.
You got it right there. It was a meaningless game to the Knights but that goal meant a lot for the Sedins and Sautner, his first ever NHL goal that was assisted by both Hank and Dank. If the Knights were fighting for a playoffs spot, I would not be so upset. However, they are not, why bother ruined the moment?

It has nothing to do with a given victory. If it was not for the challenges and technology, nobody would care about the offside at all. Seriously, without the frame by frame replay, would you be able to tell Pouliot was offside? It was a goal, not the game. Also, would you say the offside has a lot to do with the goal which was probably 40 to 50 seconds after the entry?

Like you said, Tuch could try to score, win the game and be the hero for his team. However, the kid showed his class.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:43 pm Nice goal by Goldobin. He’s finding his NHL game.

The Foundation with a nice steal and set up.
This kid Goldobin is potentially a steal by Benning. When he finds his confidence watch out!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I thought this was a classy move by the Knights.

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:23 pm Y'know, this fucking Gold guy just might pan out...
Told ya man. He's going to shower your Vancouver Canucks with goals. Let it rain baby! :P