Nucks @ coil 7pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Nucks @ coil 7pm

Post by Carl Yagro »

Once they lost the Matthews/Laine lottery, the Canucks were absolutely desperate for PLD. When The BJs fucked up the works, GMJB likely went for the most pressing need... and that was a defenceman since he already had Virtanen and Boeser.

I don't believe they had that much interest in Puljujarvi. Might have passed on him even if he was available.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:06 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:59 pm
You were asked if you said the rebuild was over and responded: "Well... most people thought the rebuild was done"

But now you're saying maybe you thought the rebuild was done, maybe you didn't? Interesting. :mex:
Typical Doc post.

Yes, I thought their rebuild was over. I think the Oilers are better than they've shown this year.
Call it what you like but whatever it was... it persuaded you to finally give full disclosure in this matter. :wink:
As an aside, didn't you used to live in northern Alberta?
Nope.
My apologies, I can't remember in which part of the frozen tundra you once dwelt.
As a further aside, which team are you cheering for tonight my brother? :D
Frankly, I'm torn. We're not getting a whiff of the playoffs, so I'd rather not accumulate too many points. Then again, I don't enjoy losing to the Alberta teams.
Okay, I believe you.

One last question... do you consider the Oilers a team you like, don't like, or are you apathetic on the matter?

Not a witch hunt bro, I'm just genuinely curious...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:25 pm
Nope.
My apologies, I can't remember in which part of the frozen tundra you once dwelt.
Yellowknife is in the Northwest Territories ;)

One last question... do you consider the Oilers a team you like, don't like, or are you apathetic on the matter?
They're often involved in wide-open games and (as we saw tonight) they can put on an offensive show (thanks the talent they've obtained by the perpetual tank). I have Game Centre, so if they're on I'll watch, but I'm not setting the VCR or tuning into them over the Canucks.

I have a couple friends that are current NHLers, including one on another Canadian team (not the Oilers), so you learn to watch and take interest in other teams. But the Canucks are the only team I really care about, and certainly the only team I'd post on a fan forum.

Good enough? Or must all Benning skeptics be burned at the stake?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:48 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:25 pm
Nope.
Yellowknife is in the Northwest Territories ;)
So the closest NHL team was your Edmonton Oilers? :D

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:48 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:25 pm One last question... do you consider the Oilers a team you like, don't like, or are you apathetic on the matter?
They're often involved in wide-open games and (as we saw tonight) they can put on an offensive show (thanks the talent they've obtained by the perpetual tank). I have Game Centre, so if they're on I'll watch, but I'm not setting the VCR or tuning into them over the Canucks.

I have a couple friends that are current NHLers, including one on another Canadian team (not the Oilers), so you learn to watch and take interest in other teams. But the Canucks are the only team I really care about, and certainly the only team I'd post on a fan forum.

Good enough?
Good enough! :cheers:

(except for that VCR part) 8-)
Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:48 pm Or must all Benning skeptics be burned at the stake?
Hmmmmmmmm.... I'll get back to you on this one Nucklehead.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Boeser gets an assist but it was actually Granlund's goal as it went off his foot.
No idea why Stecher would pass backwards to a forward who I just found out tonight, doesn't skate too well backwards.
What's worse is he didn't cover after.
He knows better and was trained better but seems desperate to make something happen.
Has anyone noticed that sometimes, Tanev wants to rush! He's fast too. Unfortunately no one ever thinks to pass to him.
We killed them in the face-offs and it meant nothing.
WE WERE SLUGS !!! Out skated to the nth degree. Too slow, no chance.
Seems Boeser is the only one that can keep up, or maybe he has better anticipation?
We looked like a team coming off an extended vacation or maybe too old...
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jovocop wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:08 pm Jesse Puljujarvi shoving it right up Dude's sphincter tonight.
Just remember, it is the NHL lottery that screwed the Canucks. They should have Puljujarvi instead of the Coolers.
What does that have to do with RDs horrendous player evaluations ? Mackinnon is garbage, Tavares is done etc
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”