GDT: Dec 19/17 Habs @ Canucks 7:00pm SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Dec 19/17 Habs @ Canucks 7:00pm SN

Post by Mickey107 »

Can't believe anyone would say anything about Boeser's skating tonight. :mrgreen:

Vanek keeps this up, what can we get. Low 2nd, low 3rd, low 1st :lol: Player? Prospect? Project :evil:
mmm
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Cornuck wrote:I just gotta say that I haven't enjoyed watching a Canuck like Boeser since Bure was in town.
What? The WCE (Nasi + Bert) and the Sedins in their prime were not fun to watch? :D
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:Boeser sure doesn't have Bure's breakaway speed. :mrgreen:
Only you can still be a Debbie Downer on Brockey Hockey. Must be pissed that he and Virtanen ain't in Utica. I got news for not many had Bures speed
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Team Defence in general is at its worst right now, the Sedins lead the charge in that department. Out with the Sedins in with Boeser/Pettersen. Transition complete, new era begins 2018/19. Genius

Brockey Hockey, 14th overall in the NHL in points. Remember when we was talking - "only if we had drafted Laine or Matthews" Never fear the Brock Show is here

Vanek building up trade deadline points, go Thomas!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:Genius needs to find a goalie.
Already did - Demko. In the 2nd round. 1-2 years
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Lancer wrote:The wheels on the goaltending has now, officially, fallen off.

Making the call for Demko to transition next season all the more realistic. Trade Markstrom in the summer. Cause I think he will bring back the best return. At least a third and a seventh no?
I still can't get over the brilliance of the Lack trade
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:
Already did - Demko. In the 2nd round. 1-2 years
DiPietro seems to be a good one as well but still a few good years away.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Reefer2 wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
You mean like Thatcher Demko?
Hasn’t played an NHL game, when he gets a season or 2 in then we can talk, until then he is still just an egg waiting to crack open.
So to be crystal clear then, you want JB to go and acquire a better goalie than the 2 we have right now?

Seems like an appropriate use of assets. Almost genius like.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
Hasn’t played an NHL game, when he gets a season or 2 in then we can talk, until then he is still just an egg waiting to crack open.
So to be crystal clear then, you want JB to go and acquire a better goalie than the 2 we have right now?

People can then start complaining about how GMJB giving up picks and players for a marginally better goalie. :mrgreen:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Jovocop wrote: People can then start complaining about how GMJB giving up picks and players for a marginally better goalie. :mrgreen:
Yes, it's like ensuring people have something to bitch about!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Jovocop wrote: People can then start complaining about how GMJB giving up picks and players for a marginally better goalie. :mrgreen:
There must be certain constants in life right?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

rats19 wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
There must be certain constants in life right?
This much is true! :lol:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Markstrom was every bit as good as Miller, right Bubbles

LOL

endure folks, endure
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:

If he is a genius as many proclaim then he needs to do something or we will be having some very good picks in the coming years. Remember it is all about creating a winning atmosphere.

But, taking the damn emotions out of it, just want to see the 2 of them pick up their games. I was hoping, and to some extent still do, that they could be a good tandem until we can see what McJesusDemko is all about.

I am just having a lot fun with Genius crowd who goes on and on. I am yang to their yin.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:Team Defence in general is at its worst right now, the Sedins lead the charge in that department. Out with the Sedins in with Boeser/Pettersen. Transition complete, new era begins 2018/19. Genius

Brockey Hockey, 14th overall in the NHL in points. Remember when we was talking - "only if we had drafted Laine or Matthews" Never fear the Brock Show is here

Vanek building up trade deadline points, go Thomas!
Team defense has been brutal since we lost both of our top centers(Sutter,Bo). Henrik, Gagger and Gonch are brutal AF...not to mention the new chapoo guy #17 aka whatshisname

On the back end its a mess. Strange how bad they've been since the 2 injuries. I guess that outlet pass is the key and if the centers aren't falling back were fucked

Hank and Dank need to cycle off into the sunset after this season.
If you need air...call it in