GDT: Dec 5 - Canucks host Canes - 7pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Dec 5 - Canucks host Canes - 7pm

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: I would have had no problem with them running with Lack and Markstrom and never signing Miller.
What is this... True Confessions?? :lol:

Lol Lacking Lack has has a few coaches since then, such a lame-o excuse...
Absolutely his play has nosedived. He may have played ok here and he may have stunk. Either way Miller didn’t make the team any better and he siphoned six million a year off the payroll :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I count... TWO... Wee Todds. :santa:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:I count... TWO... Wee Todds. :santa:
How do you count with all your fingers stuffed up Dudes and ESQs ass ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Listen Blob, if we wanted any crap out of you, we'd have Todd manage you thusly:

(yes the dog is Reef and that last one is Nucklehead) :santa:
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

rats19 wrote:
Cornuck wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Topper wrote:Blob said Markstrom was playing LAST_YEAR as well as Miller. That was a fallacy. Bubbles likes his phallisies.
There wasn’t much difference in their play. Certainly not enough to justify paying one of them six million per . One guy is declining and the other has a chance to improve
Blobby was vocal about not resigning Miller or any other vet and to let Markstrom take the reins. So far, he's been proven right.

And seriously... Rats? :D
Don’t go all reef on me corn... did you not see the winky emoticon :?:
Eh, how did I get brought into this?

I have been more correct on everything Canucks for the past 10 years than anyone else.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 [color=#FF0000]Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:14 pm[/color] wrote: I have been more correct on everything Canucks for the past 10 years than anyone else.
He... ACTUALLY... believes that folks!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And hey, he did it all WITHOUT WATCHING THE GAMES:
Reefer2 [color=#FF0000]Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:22 pm[/color] wrote: I have seen more games this year than the last 3-4 years.
He posted both these thoughts over an 8-minute time-frame tonight... :santa:

Don't mind me Reef, sleep on old chum, sounds like you're having wonderful dreams!
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote:
Reefer2 [color=#FF0000]Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:14 pm[/color] wrote: I have been more correct on everything Canucks for the past 10 years than anyone else.
He... ACTUALLY... believes that folks!!!
Yep, he`s relapsed. Fer shur.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Absolutely his play has nosedived. He may have played ok here and he may have stunk. Either way Miller didn’t make the team any better and he siphoned six million a year off the payroll :lol:
Yup, one could argue that having Miller around to steal points when the team should have been in full rebuild mode was counterproductive to the future of the franchise.
Strangelove wrote:.

Listen Blob, if we wanted any crap out of you, we have Todd manage you thusly:

Now we know what Strange does in his spare time and why he's called STRANGElove. :lol:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Cornuck wrote: Blobby was vocal about not resigning Miller or any other vet and to let Markstrom take the reins. So far, he's been proven right.
Aww how cute! :thumbs:

I'm not going to ruin this by pointing out that 3 years previously...

Blobby wanted disgraced goaltender Eddie Lack to take the reins rather than Ryan Miller. :santa:
I would have had no problem with them running with Lack and Markstrom and never signing Miller. Lack outplayed Miller in their only season together after a pretty decent rookie year. He obviously worked well with Rollie Melanson. His game was above average here and then nosedived when he didnt have Melanson as a goalie coach.

I recall you did on that - but fuck bro - should be apparent Lack sucks balls by now.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Absolutely his play has nosedived. He may have played ok here and he may have stunk. Either way Miller didn’t make the team any better and he siphoned six million a year off the payroll :lol:
Yup, one could argue that having Miller around to steal points when the team should have been in full rebuild mode was counterproductive to the future of the franchise.
Strangelove wrote:.

Listen Blob, if we wanted any crap out of you, we have Todd manage you thusly:

Now we know what Strange does in his spare time and why he's called STRANGElove. :lol:
Yup could have had Patrick (whose always injured) be on the sidelines.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Cornuck wrote: Blobby was vocal about not resigning Miller or any other vet and to let Markstrom take the reins. So far, he's been proven right.
Aww how cute! :thumbs:

I'm not going to ruin this by pointing out that 3 years previously...

Blobby wanted disgraced goaltender Eddie Lack to take the reins rather than Ryan Miller. :santa:
I would have had no problem with them running with Lack and Markstrom and never signing Miller. Lack outplayed Miller in their only season together after a pretty decent rookie year. He obviously worked well with Rollie Melanson. His game was above average here and then nosedived when he didnt have Melanson as a goalie coach.

I recall you did on that - but fuck bro - should be apparent Lack sucks balls by now.
Bubbles was also in full tank mode at the time.

No matter how many times he says this shit, it does not make it right or good. This isn't his nickleback heavy rotation top 40.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Hank wrote:Seeing the Dank tribute, you noticed that he did score quite a few with dekes, going shelf, etc. and yet all you remember is they're so bad in shootouts and flubbed so many more chances 1-on-1 with the goalie.
I was thinking exactly this. Having aged and slowed down both on their feet and with their hands, you forget that there was youthful jump in their game. It's nice to be reminded.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few things reinforced in the tribute and in Per's link.

- the way they contiuously work a 2 on 1 by isolating each defender in the zone with short passes.

- the amount of interference they have always gotten away with by doing the above

- for a couple of weak sisters, there best work is in the corners along the boards
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote: Yup could have had Patrick (whose always injured) be on the sidelines.
Or Matthews/Laine, Heiskenen