GDT 11/22/17 Canucks @ Pens 4 PM SPN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT 11/22/17 Canucks @ Pens 4 PM SPN

Post by Hockey Widow »

I'm here, I'm here. Had to get a hair cut. What did I miss.

Never mind, let me watch the PVR! If weird timed posts come from it's because I'm two hours behind.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:I'm here, I'm here. Had to get a hair cut. What did I miss.

Never mind, let me watch the PVR! If weird timed posts come from it's because I'm two hours behind.
Hadn't noticed you missing
Last edited by Topper on Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote:Oh boy. I guarantee the anti-Guds stats nerdz comes out after that one.

Now'll they say, "See? He fails the eye-test too."

Never mind this is Edler pretty much every game for the last five years.

Lol he got walked around like he was a drugstore Indian. What the hell does that have to do with analytics? He’s Dana Murzyn or Bryan Allen. There’s a place for him in the league. But not at much if any more than he’s currently getting. I laugh at the suggestions.... just sign him , give him 6 million etc. Then people want to cut loose Edler and Hutton who are both better players and Stecher who is making a cunt hair of the money EG is making and will make.

I, probably more than most people on this board like the big tough D man but it has to make sense financially. I see him as no better than a # 5 on a decent team at best. Pay him accordingly.

And as I type this, he went to the dressing room. Probably a broken arm with this teams luck , keeping him in Vancouver past the deadline until he goes back to Miami
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Boeser than all the rest!!

1-0 Canucks.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Poor Nilsson. He stopped the first but that rebound. So much for a perfect PK.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Edler keeps screening his goalies when he tries to play goal.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Louie Louie! He's on a role now.

2-1 Canucks!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Hank wrote:Oh boy. I guarantee the anti-Guds stats nerdz comes out after that one.

Now'll they say, "See? He fails the eye-test too."

Never mind this is Edler pretty much every game for the last five years.

Lol he got walked around like he was a drugstore Indian. What the hell does that have to do with analytics? He’s Dana Murzyn or Bryan Allen. There’s a place for him in the league. But not at much if any more than he’s currently getting. I laugh at the suggestions.... just sign him , give him 6 million etc. Then people want to cut loose Edler and Hutton who are both better players and Stecher who is making a cunt hair of the money EG is making and will make.

I, probably more than most people on this board like the big tough D man but it has to make sense financially. I see him as no better than a # 5 on a decent team at best. Pay him accordingly.

And as I type this, he went to the dressing room. Probably a broken arm with this teams luck , keeping him in Vancouver past the deadline until he goes back to Miami
LOL Blob! Welcome back.

I wasn't talking about money. I completely agree that the dude doesn't even deserve anything near 5 million... but he'll get that. Somewhere. It makes no financial sense for us to give him market value and term.

That was sarcasm. I'm mocking the stats nerdz who are crickets when they can't use the stats against him. But Guds getting walked gives them plenty more ammo. I'm sure it'll be all over the interwebz. At the same time, we see Edler get walked how many times? How many Del Zotto giveaways? How many Happy Hutton adventures?

Pretty sure they've been trying to move him and I'm totally ok with that because he will demand and get his money. We both agree we need a better version of that tough Dman around here. If Stetcher & Biega play better than bottom-pairing minutes, then there really isn't much progress. Let's hope he isn't injured and can be pumped and dumped to a contender at TDD.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Another PP goal. Pouliot you gets his revenge. Vanek with another assist.
3-1 Vancouver!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Boeser than all the rest!

Wow a two goal game. A slap shot. On the PP.

4-1 Canucks!!!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

F'ing PVR stopped recording with 8 minutes to go! Who won ?
CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Canucks 5-2

Sutter got a freebie with empty netter

Boeser is going to be the ultimate Penguins killer
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
bckev
CC Veteran

Post by bckev »

Nice doo wids
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doc is going to be having a field day on his "1-2 years" Defractors for many years to come. Good times
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Good game, very enjoyable to watch.

My Observations:

- Lots of chances for both sides, coaches probably won't be happy. Nielsson made some huge stops and boy does he look good with his blocker.
- Bad game for Guddy. He was a pylon on the first goal, gave the puck away on another and think he took a bad penalty.

- With Jake, not sure if he just keeps his head up or if he senses when a guy wants to take him out with a hit, but he can usually brace himself to knock down the guy who wants to hit him, a reverse hit basically. He did that against Kornwall and did it again tonite. That's impressive for a young player and he must be pretty strong physically and strong on his skates to be able to do that. Good to know he's not like Lindros running around with his head down all the time.

- Vanek's passing game looks much better the past few games. He reminds me a bit of Sundin, but not as skilled. Vanek's probably not as fast as he used to be, but has a wicked shot and can cause a lot of problems when he's battling in front of the net.

- Bearcheese looks like he's playing it smart, looking for the Brockster every chance he can.
- Speaking of Boeser, not sure I really like him on the point on the PP, don't think he can rip it from there. I think Newell Brown should flip Boeser and Dank. Let Boeser hang around Ovie's spot around the left circle and let him fire away from there. If they really like Dank on the PP so much, let him play the point.