GDT: Golden Knights @ Canucks Nov16/17 7:00 pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Golden Knights @ Canucks Nov16/17 7:00 pm

Post by Mickey107 »

If Jake "was" out late one night on the road, I would be extensively curious as to whether he was alone, with a So. Cal. friend or, OR, A TEAM MATE :shock: :shock: ,

and if so, who ?????

Dig, dig, dig, dig, dig...
Inquiring minds need to know.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:What happened to Pouliot was a reflection of the team that showed up tonight, t'was not a team, they all abandoned ship, except Pouliot, the lone survivor.
Except for a brief stint in the 2nd when Green swapped Horvat/Sutter/Ganlund around, the team was sluggish. Something they are in most losses and is becoming more common of late.

Is fatigue setting in? Has the pace Green set for then worn on them. Are they right field bubbles at the 5th inning of Wednesday night beer league? Fred 1/2 way through the first hand of old maid? Obviously Green is demanding the stamina of IN on the 20th teabag.

So according to HW's rumour mill, no foul, a little youthfull exuberance when humility would have been better form. Hopefully the puckbunny enjoyed it. Next time get one for the goalie.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Personally, I think this loss and humiliation at the hands of Vegas is mostly on Green !
What Vegas does is very simple. It's not a neutral zone trap.
They play a high risk, high reward system that will never win them a best of 7 playoff series but it may have them eking into the playoffs.
All they are doing is putting immediate pressure on the on the opposition puck carrier even sending two guys sometimes, to cause a bad decision or pass. They will do this anywhere on the ice. Problem is, they leave themselves totally vulnerable. High risk, high reward.
It has been working for them, particularly at season's start, because teams were caught off guard.
If you've been watching their goals all year, most of them are on turn overs and not developing their own plays starting in their own end.
It's a decent ploy for an expansion team and they've got everyone on the team buying into it.
They have a mish-mash of players and of course it will be 5 or 6 years before they have their own identity.
It wont last but Green didn't put in his due diligence. They were NOT properly scouted. The coach did not have his boys prepared.
There is no way this Canuck team can possibly be running out of gas yet. For the most part, the schedule has been pretty accommodating.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote:If Jake "was" out late one night on the road, I would be extensively curious as to whether he was alone, with a So. Cal. friend or, OR, A TEAM MATE :shock: :shock: ,

and if so, who ?????

Dig, dig, dig, dig, dig...
Inquiring minds need to know.
Give it up Fred. I'm assuming his late night was followed by a couple of so-so games. Whether the two were connected is irrelevant, it's what the coach believes. Virtanen has/had a reputation his rookie year of not putting in the work on or off ice. He liked to eat the good food, party a little late and was called out more than once by teammates for not knowing what it means to be professional. He followed that up by a summer of laid back indulgence earning himself a year in Utica.

For him off ice habits will be critical. If he's not sticking to his nutritional plan, off ice work outs or working on building better lifestyle habits then he is at risk of falling back into his old patterns. So no, there was no major incident indicating he is a problem child. I'm taking this as a tough love approach. Green told him at camp, do whatever you have to be on a NHL roster and worry about what your role is after. From there work your way up to being a regular in a more predominant role.

Add in that he was never a lock to make the roster this year especially with all the FAs we signed. Add in by end of camp he was still on the bubble. Add in he is one or two players up front that don't require waivers, the other is Brock. Add in he is still learning how to be a professional hockey player. He's being sent a lesson. Same one hundreds of young kids get sent in this league. For him it's to be mindful of both his on ice and off ice habits. That's all.

I suspect he gets in next game and hopefully he responds with his best performance as a Canuck.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote:
SKYO wrote:About the only little thing you can change is taking Gaunce out and bringing in Virtanen.

And is it sacrilege to split the Sedins up or what, is it in their contracts stipulation that they can never be separated...christ.
Gagner, Sutter, Dorsette, so many options to sit someone out.

But but but Dorsette kills penalties, who will do that on out 24th ranked pk. :roll:
Oh yeah, let's bench our two best penalty killers... that'll help the PK. :scowl:

(tied for 22nd btw)

Was... "Mail-order bride killed my fish"... code for... "Crack killed my brain cells"?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: I suspect he gets in next game and hopefully he responds with his best performance as a Canuck.
Same.

I never trusted Willie with the kids, but I trust Travis.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote:Give it up Fred.
That's hilarious. :mrgreen:
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Give it up Fred.
:lol:
You know there's just no shaking that handle when wids calls you that
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Give it up Fred.
That's hilarious. :mrgreen:
Ok now I've been punked. I typed micky and somehow it ended up saying Fred.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Micky Micky Micky
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Just testing. Someone played with my post, I swear. I have no idea who Fred is.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote:Just testing. Someone played with my post, I swear. I have no idea who Fred is.
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:Just testing. Someone played with my post, I swear. I have no idea who Fred is.
Wow 12:36am. Hey I haven't respected someone in the morning but it usually took a bit longer than that.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Nice try Dubs, but the mod logs say otherwise. :D

Perhaps some of these assholes have planted the Fred seed in your subconscious? :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
Nice try Dubs, but the mod logs say otherwise. :D

Perhaps some of these assholes have planted the Fred seed in your subconscious? :wink:

I need another drink and some brownies. Life is too real sometimes.