GDT: Canucks @ Sharks 11/11/17 HNIC 7:00pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Sharks 11/11/17 HNIC 7:00pm

Post by SKYO »

The good news is Derrick Pouliot - he's rising quick up the smart & reliable dman charts with the offense coming asap.

& Edler played his best game in awhile...while playing with #5.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Yup! Sitting Gagner or Vanek or someone and playing Jake would have made this an ugly game.
Score certainly indicates it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Burrows was still here, and a bit younger, he would have skated right up to that Ref at the end of the game and said:
Whats you doin callin dat penalty shot with 43 seconds left? What's your name? I'm going to bring it up a lot in my post game interview. And by the way; Foo Twah.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote:Yup! Sitting Gagner or Vanek or someone and playing Jake would have made this an ugly game.
Score certainly indicates it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Burrows was still here, and a bit younger, he would have skated right up to that Ref at the end of the game and said:
Whats you doin callin dat penalty shot with 43 seconds left? What's your name? I'm going to bring it up a lot in my post game interview. And by the way; Foo Twah.

Gagne had a decent game. Vanek, not. I have a feeling Green won't be as patient with some of these guys but at the same he is no different than any other coach. He has veteranitis.

I'm ok with this rough patch really. Some of these vets will play themselves into being traded or waived.

I'm not ok with the Vanek signing. Sure he came cheap and with no trade protection but I'm ready for Goldobin. Rodin can be a cheaper version of Erickson. How hard can it be to match his point production. SJS need goals. SJS don't like Hansen. I'd swap Hansen for Vanek but I doubt they would. Maybe throw in a 4th and trade Hansen again at the deadline. Honey badger played well with the twins. Let Erickson play with Burmistrov and Gagne.

3-4 games ago Baumgartner changed up our D pairings and we have been shit in our end own since. True we are missing two RH Dmen. But the pairings simply are not working.

Reality. We have not played a consistent three period game for some time now and our goal luck has dried up.

Time for Benning to move some veteran players for best offer. I've seen enough this early.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Good post HW.

Green is for sure showing his Veteranitis.

Time for him to hold all players accountable.

If that was Edler's best game then damn we are screwed.

Our best trade asset right now is Markstrom.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote:
micky107 wrote:Yup! Sitting Gagner or Vanek or someone and playing Jake would have made this an ugly game.

Gagne had a decent game. Vanek, not. I have a feeling Green won't be as patient with some of these guys but at the same he is no different than any other coach. He has veteranitis.

I'm ok with this rough patch really. Some of these vets will play themselves into being traded or waived.

I'm not ok with the Vanek signing. Sure he came cheap and with no trade protection but I'm ready for Goldobin. Rodin can be a cheaper version of Erickson. How hard can it be to match his point production. SJS need goals. SJS don't like Hansen. I'd swap Hansen for Vanek but I doubt they would. Maybe throw in a 4th and trade Hansen again at the deadline. Honey badger played well with the twins. Let Erickson play with Burmistrov and Gagne.

3-4 games ago Baumgartner changed up our D pairings and we have been shit in our end own since. True we are missing two RH Dmen. But the pairings simply are not working.

Reality. We have not played a consistent three period game for some time now and our goal luck has dried up.

Time for Benning to move some veteran players for best offer. I've seen enough this early.
+1 :rockin:
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote: Gagne had a decent game. Vanek, not. I have a feeling Green won't be as patient with some of these guys but at the same he is no different than any other coach. He has veteranitis.

I'm not ok with the Vanek signing. Sure he came cheap and with no trade protection but I'm ready for Goldobin.

I'd swap Hansen for Vanek but I doubt they would.
I've been happy with Vanek. Sure, his passing game may not be the best, but he has snipe. Our team has been filled with 2-way types the last few years with guys who can't really finish. Now, I like the thought that we may have 2 snipers* in the lineup, Vanek + Boeser. Two guys who are potential game breakers in close games with their scoring ability to put the puck into the back of the net. I think JB and coach Green sees the value of this, which is why Vanek was signed and has not been a healthy scratch yet.

As long as Vanek puts in good effort on both ends of the rink most nites (which I think he has), he'll play more often than not. I like the fact that Vanek is willing to use his size to battle and cause problems in front of the net as well.

I'd be in no hurry to trade Vanek. If we are in the playoff race, he'd be a good guy to have around. If we're out of it, then by all means trade him for a prospect or pick. At this point, I'll pass on Hansen. Janick was a good player for us for a long time, but we've been there and done that and his age doesn't really fit what we're trying to do.