GDT: Pens @ Canucks Nov 4/17 7:00 pm HNIC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9465
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: GDT: Pens @ Canucks Nov 4/17 7:00 pm HNIC

Post by micky107 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:44 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Jesus the twins look awful tonight. Poor Virtanen as he is carrying them around and his ice time is getting hacked back due to their horrid play
Ya, at first I thought this might work but if they can't keep up, no good.
Jake has got to play more or it's a waste. Was showing bright spots on a few fronts but need to see more.
"evolution"

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10946
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: GDT: Pens @ Canucks Nov 4/17 7:00 pm HNIC

Post by SKYO » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:37 am

Tiger wrote:
SKYO wrote:After Horvat, the Canucks really needed a 'golden child' to emerge this season for any kind of boost of confidence as the Sedins sadly age into retirement. Enter #6 BOESER!

Killer Bees for the win.
Honorable mention.. Markstrom and Tanev..
Was trying to think when was the last time the Canucks had a rookie score a hat trick?
dahliwal mentioned the last Canuck rookie 20 or under to score a hatty was Linden way back in the early 90's lol.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8490
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT: Pens @ Canucks Nov 4/17 7:00 pm HNIC

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:50 am

Didn't I hear Grabner was the last rookie to score a hat for the Canucks in 2010?

So be honest...would the Canucks look better with another scoring/skating/speed line that included Jake rather than the slow and soft line currently occupied by the alumni-escent Sedins and Jake?
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9354
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: GDT: Pens @ Canucks Nov 4/17 7:00 pm HNIC

Post by rats19 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:03 am

You are correct udel grabner was last rookie and Hansen was last player jan 2016
Getting old is not for the young...

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9465
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: GDT: Pens @ Canucks Nov 4/17 7:00 pm HNIC

Post by micky107 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:13 am

Linden had a hell of a rookie year, think it was 88/89. Almost beat the Flames in the first round all by himself.
He never saw the minors?
Other than 94, that's when I thought I saw Trevors' best hockey.
"evolution"

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15455
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Pens @ Canucks Nov 4/17 7:00 pm HNIC

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:40 am

As reported yesterday

Chef Boi RD takes Boeser ahead of Marner

Bubbles takes Marner ahead of Boeser
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15845
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Pens @ Canucks Nov 4/17 7:00 pm HNIC

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:16 am

RoyalDude wrote:As reported yesterday

Chef Boi RD takes Boeser ahead of Marner

Bubbles takes Marner ahead of Boeser
I probably would take Marner and I think most people would. That said Brock is looking damn good.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8490
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT: Pens @ Canucks Nov 4/17 7:00 pm HNIC

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:24 am

Alot easier said the morning after a career night for BB while MM is in the middle of his sophomore funk.
Marner has had some unreal games so not sure that's a given just quite yet
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15455
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Pens @ Canucks Nov 4/17 7:00 pm HNIC

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:35 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:Alot easier said the morning after a career night for BB while MM is in the middle of his sophomore funk.
Marner has had some unreal games so not sure that's a given just quite yet
It's Micky Mouse vs Big Bertha. Bubbles goes with the mouse?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15089
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: GDT: Pens @ Canucks Nov 4/17 7:00 pm HNIC

Post by Hockey Widow » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:09 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:Didn't I hear Grabner was the last rookie to score a hat for the Canucks in 2010?

So be honest...would the Canucks look better with another scoring/skating/speed line that included Jake rather than the slow and soft line currently occupied by the alumni-escent Sedins and Jake?

I was thinking it was time to move Jake up to play with Burmistrov and Gagne. Let Vanek toil on the 4th line with the twins and see some PP.

Gaunce is now back so Megna will be sent down. Where does he play and who sits. A twin?
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15455
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Pens @ Canucks Nov 4/17 7:00 pm HNIC

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:27 pm

IslandNuckles is waiting for the slump in order to return to the CC. All of this goodness isn't sitting well with him
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15455
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Pens @ Canucks Nov 4/17 7:00 pm HNIC

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:30 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Didn't I hear Grabner was the last rookie to score a hat for the Canucks in 2010?

So be honest...would the Canucks look better with another scoring/skating/speed line that included Jake rather than the slow and soft line currently occupied by the alumni-escent Sedins and Jake?

I was thinking it was time to move Jake up to play with Burmistrov and Gagne. Let Vanek toil on the 4th line with the twins and see some PP.

Gaunce is now back so Megna will be sent down. Where does he play and who sits. A twin?

Sitting a Sedin is not happening, I would love it, and it's what should happen, but it's not happening
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9465
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: GDT: Pens @ Canucks Nov 4/17 7:00 pm HNIC

Post by micky107 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:39 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Didn't I hear Grabner was the last rookie to score a hat for the Canucks in 2010?

So be honest...would the Canucks look better with another scoring/skating/speed line that included Jake rather than the slow and soft line currently occupied by the alumni-escent Sedins and Jake?

I was thinking it was time to move Jake up to play with Burmistrov and Gagne. Let Vanek toil on the 4th line with the twins and see some PP.

Gaunce is now back so Megna will be sent down. Where does he play and who sits. A twin?

Sitting a Sedin is not happening, I would love it, and it's what should happen, but it's not happening
The little star means injured, duh, but this will be tough. Still really don't know what I would do?????????
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/roster
"evolution"

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 11027
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: GDT: Pens @ Canucks Nov 4/17 7:00 pm HNIC

Post by Topper » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:41 pm

A few comments;
After seeing too much of Gagger, I'm hoping Louie is healthy soon.

HW, Hank centering Vanek and Jake, Give Bermashave-Dan-Gagger 5 sheltered minutes a night.

I laugh at folks talking about how it is now Bo's team...that was apparent a year ago to anyone paying attention.

Some nifty D play by the Flake (Big Tuna to his team mates).

Sutter is a beast, Dorsett is the flash, but it is the work of Granlund and primarily Sutter that is driving the team.

"Genius GM Jim" won't last the season.......LOL

Tanknation is stuck in a ditch.

Wanted to see someone (Gudbranson) challenge Malkin for the stick to the skates sending Bernashave into the corner.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Post Reply