GDT: 10/26/17. Capitals @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SN Pacific

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: GDT: 10/26/17. Capitals @ Canucks. 7:00pm. SN Pacific

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote:Good point HW, but for the young guys to learn to play certain aspects of the game they need to be given a chance. Green seems to be doing that more, of course it is easy to do up by 4 goals.

I hope he continue to develop them vs trying to make the playoffs, if you know what I mean.
You honestly mean you couldn't see that scenario unfold as you watched the game?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Game Summary:

Freaky Friday. Big. Mullholland Drive. And the unforgettable Rob Schnieder classic, the Hot Chick. Their body-swapping spirit descended on Rogers Arena last night.

And the Canucks became the 2016-17 Caps and the Caps became the 2017-18 Canucks.

The Caps were injury riddled, sporting too many newbs and tweeners. Their play -- especially in the first -- was dismal. Their passes were not crisp, and invariably bobble to an opportunistic Canuck. They were completely disorganized in transition. They were passive in the offensive zone. They were, well, they were the 2016-17 Canucks.

It is difficult to assess the Canucks in this game. Its like when an NBA team beats the Brooklyn Nets. So what?

I would like to think that the Canucks created the Caps mistakes, and I do think they at least took advantage of them. Perhaps the Canucks were making things especially difficult. And yes, the Canucks effort was again good.

But I'm thinking the who Capitals team had the flu or was high.
Hono_rary Canadian
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:Good point HW, but for the young guys to learn to play certain aspects of the game they need to be given a chance. Green seems to be doing that more, of course it is easy to do up by 4 goals.

I hope he continue to develop them vs trying to make the playoffs, if you know what I mean.
You honestly mean you couldn't see that scenario unfold as you watched the game?
Sometimes I worry about your comprehension, I said he was doing.

Too much of something has really been affecting your normally good posting, too much fighting the truth about global warming?

Craps now I’ve done it.
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
rats19 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I have no idea how uk can post with his lips wrapped so tightly around Docs dink
That's where Doc is ???

That must be one humdinger of a hummer.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
rats19 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I have no idea how uk can post with his lips wrapped so tightly around Docs dink
That's where Doc is ???

It must be docs turn on UKs button that's why he's doing all the talking right now
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Like a button on a fur coat
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
rats19 wrote:
That's where Doc is ???

It’s a long way to go for razor burn when one already lives in abbotsford ...
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Like a button on a fur coat

Where is this coming from? Did I agree with doc once that I don’t remember ?

Or is it that Benning’s canucks are doing well enough that you have to shift your vitriol elsewhere?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ukcanuck wrote:

Or is it that Benning’s canucks are doing well enough that you have to shift your vitriol elsewhere?
Lol I have no vitriol that the team is playing well. This is my team after all. I don’t see it lasting the season but it’s good to see the handful of young guys improving and putting up some numbers. Remember last year the hot start , or the Tortorella year. The team folded like a cheap Arab tent. I feel that THIS season it might be a bit closer to playoffs but ultimately I don’t see it happening yet. Baby steps and a coach that isnt a retard.

You have been in lockstep with Doc, Skyo, Dude, Topper and their little minions that Benning is infallible and hasn’t made any errors on the job while I and a few others disagree. I don’t think anyone can argue that Elmer has made some solid moves in the last 8 months going back to February. That doesn’t excuse the shitshow that went on in his first 2 1/2 seasons with respect to his managerial and player personnel decisions.

You came in here and threw your little shitball about a lack of negative posters in the thread. The team is playing well, some of the prospects are doing well, so why be negative? I still see some team and organizational holes but I feel a bit better about the state of the franchise than I did at this time last year. That said, I’d like a top 5-7 pick again and a chance to select Brady Tkachuk.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

Lol I have no vitriol that the team is playing well. This is my team after all. I don’t see it lasting the season but it’s good to see the handful of young guys improving and putting up some numbers. Remember last year the hot start , or the Tortorella year. The team folded like a cheap Arab tent. I feel that THIS season it might be a bit closer to playoffs but ultimately I don’t see it happening yet. Baby steps and a coach that isnt a retard.

You have been in lockstep with Doc, Skyo, Dude, Topper and their little minions that Benning is infallible and hasn’t made any errors on the job while I and a few others disagree. I don’t think anyone can argue that Elmer has made some solid moves in the last 8 months going back to February. That doesn’t excuse the shitshow that went on in his first 2 1/2 seasons with respect to his managerial and player personnel decisions.

You came in here and threw your little shitball about a lack of negative posters in the thread. The team is playing well, some of the prospects are doing well, so why be negative? I still see some team and organizational holes but I feel a bit better about the state of the franchise than I did at this time last year. That said, I’d like a top 5-7 pick again and a chance to select Brady Tkachuk.
Good post Blob, of course a few will take it and try to twist your words.

Seriously, where is SL?