GDT: Canucks@ Wild Oct 24/17 SNP 5:00pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks@ Wild Oct 24/17 SNP 5:00pm

Post by Hockey Widow »

Jovocop wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Wtf now they call icing and we have a penalty. Giving the Wild more time.
Premature whistling, the linesmen just couldn't hold it.

Maybe he was smelling Brock's fingers?
The only HW the Canucks need
CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by CrzyCanuck »

he stands by his name,

Nil-ss0n

Yeah, Sutter and Dorsett were out there way too long.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hank wrote:The Sutter line is out there way too long. I know TG wants to line match, but Sutter & Dorsett are becoming his Megna & Chaput.

Shutout King Nilsson!
Well, I will take Sutter & Dorsett over Chaput and Megna any day any time.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Jovocop wrote:
Hank wrote:The Sutter line is out there way too long. I know TG wants to line match, but Sutter & Dorsett are becoming his Megna & Chaput.

Shutout King Nilsson!
Ya. Sutter, Dorsett, Granlund line has been our most consistent line and defensively very strong.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Jovocop wrote:

Shutout King Nilsson!
So would I, but fuck c'mon Travis.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:HW said all summer - Jake and Brock should play in Utica this year
....if they didn't clearly outplay a vet or two. I thought both were still on the cusp when camp was over and would not have been surprised if one or both of them were sent down. I thought Virtanen did enough and Boeser looked tired.

I am very pleasantly pleased with how are bot are playing. But stand by my philosophy. Kids gotta earn it. They should never be handed a roster spot. So what's your point?
Just calling you out, Sistah.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jake the Fake is playing well. Keep it up kid. Still wanders around a bit too much but he looks better than last season that’s for sure. Maybe he’s the one player to buck the trend and not put up numbers in the AHL before becoming a good player. This team and more so Elmer needs this kid to pan out.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:HW said all summer - Jake and Brock should play in Utica this year
....if they didn't clearly outplay a vet or two. I thought both were still on the cusp when camp was over and would not have been surprised if one or both of them were sent down. I thought Virtanen did enough and Boeser looked tired.

I am very pleasantly pleased with how are bot are playing. But stand by my philosophy. Kids gotta earn it. They should never be handed a roster spot. So what's your point?
Why? I was right then and I'm right now.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

The biggest difference to me is that this team skates.

Also a few extra players skate to the net, not drive by.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hockey Widow wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

Don’t let Polly bother ya HW.

Still early into the season and anything can change.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

Yeahhhh no.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Jake the Fake is playing well. Keep it up kid. Still wanders around a bit too much but he looks better than last season that’s for sure. Maybe he’s the one player to buck the trend and not put up numbers in the AHL before becoming a good player. This team and more so Elmer needs this kid to pan out.
Is Sam Bennett (your favourite) panning out for a 4th overall pick?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Jake the Fake is playing well. Keep it up kid. Still wanders around a bit too much but he looks better than last season that’s for sure. Maybe he’s the one player to buck the trend and not put up numbers in the AHL before becoming a good player. This team and more so Elmer needs this kid to pan out.
I thought Tom Sestito was my favourite. Bennett and Reinhart are both struggling but they have had moments where they looked damn good whether you want to admit it or not. Their NHL ppg is a lot higher than Virtanens is. Then again you said Aaron Ekblad was garbage last year a bunch of times yet somehow now you are strangely silent about this player.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
I thought Tom Sestito was my favourite. Bennett and Reinhart are both struggling but they have had moments where they looked damn good whether yo us at to admit or not. Their NHL ppg is a lot higher than Virtanens is. Then again you said Aaron Ekblad was garbage last year a bunch of times yet somehow now you are aliens about this player.
Ekblad is so not deserving of a 1st overall pick status. Pastrnak, Draisaitl, Nylander and Ehlers should have been taken ahead of him. Bennett and Reinhart, like Ekblad are not trending well at all
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ekblad isn’t trending well after two good seasons and a concussion plagued third year...... yeah ok.

Pastrnak was rated at the bottom of the first round. Jesus Christ you must be into the royal red again tonight.,