GDT canux vs wings 4pm PST on splortsnet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT canux vs wings 4pm PST on splortsnet

Post by Hockey Widow »

Stetcher out. If he is out for any length of time I wonder if they recall Wierioch. If they go with handness, what righties other than Subban do we have in Utica?
The only HW the Canucks need
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hank wrote:
Nice check by Jake to knock down Kronwall, who was looking for his patented cheap-shot hit.
Picking the wrong Canuck to hit. :mrgreen:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hank wrote:I'm interested in seeing how the Detroit retool/rebuild goes and how their fans react after all that sustained success.

Boy, lots of empty seats in the lower bowl in a brand new arena...

Nice check by Jake to knock down Kronwall, who was looking for his patented cheap-shot hit.
Very nice heads up by Jake. Kronwell has been known to really hurt players on that same play.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Another very solid game. None of their wins this year have been flukes. Hard working, a ton of shots and some good finish. Defensively pretty solid even when down to five D. Markstrom with his trademark early bad goal but then shut the door.

PP looking better but still no finish. This team works hard. But it wa Buffalo and Detroit! Let's see how they hold up to better teams.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Nice win. Looks like Green has the team all moving in the same direction. They're playing a style of game that's up-tempo with an emphasis on offense - it's enjoyable to watch (thank fuck after the pain of last year).
cc oldtimer
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

All the favourite targets of the benning haters & corsi nerds, players are playing well.

Gudbranson, Dorsett and Virtanen, ironically the only dudes, on this small team, who play with some sandpaper - which this team is hella lacking and sorely needs. I know they will have some bad games and the haters will pounce with a vengeance, but it's nice to see these hard workers settle in and play well.

And good to see other players step up taking turns, this time it's Baertschi. :thumbs:

Marky!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

nuckster wrote:Nice win. Looks like Green has the team all moving in the same direction. They're playing a style of game that's up-tempo with an emphasis on offense - it's enjoyable to watch (thank fuck after the pain of last year).
And I'm guessing more enjoyable to play.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

3rd in the division, 6th in the conference. Gulp. Ahead of Calgary, Edmonton and Anaheim.

Say it ain't so.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Bubbles Macenzzi's Dorsett contract hate and wasted 3rd pick for him comes to mind right now
Lay off the rock
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:3rd in the division, 6th in the conference. Gulp. Ahead of Calgary, Edmonton and Anaheim.

Say it ain't so.
The boo crew can whinge and whine all they want, I’ll take a win in Detroit anytime.

Is Green the best Canuck so far?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ukcanuck wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:3rd in the division, 6th in the conference. Gulp. Ahead of Calgary, Edmonton and Anaheim.

Say it ain't so.
The boo crew can whinge and whine all they want, I’ll take a win in Detroit anytime.

Who is whingeing ? Or is it whining ?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

Say it ain't so.

Who is whingeing ? Or is it whining ?
It was whinning at least for tonight, and why do you assume I’m talking about you ? You claim you’re not always Canuck bashing Mr “15 points out of a playoff spot” prediction in October?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Bubbles Macenzzi's Dorsett contract hate and wasted 3rd pick for him comes to mind right now
Lay off the rock
I noticed ole Bubbles no longer loses his shit over the Dorsett contract. Interesting

Guds, Jake and Baertschi with GREAT games tonight
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Lay off the rock
I noticed ole Bubbles no longer loses his shit over the Dorsett contract. Interesting

I never did. It is and was an overpayment of sorts but I didn’t bitch that much about it. It’s isn’t Sutter, Eriksson or Sbisa bad. I’m shocked you like the guy considering your stance on physical play and fighting.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Lay off the rock

Really Polly do you ever add anything to any thread other than the same stuff day after day after day.

Offer something original for once.

Sorry HW, typing on phone, not Marty but Marky, auto correct and to lazy to type his full name.

I have no illusion that this team is a playoff team, I still think it will be a couple years before they really become a strong playoff team. I am 50/50 on having them make the playoffs vs still getting a chance on a top 5 pick.

The biggest reason I would love to make the playoffs is say a huge FU to the talking maggots who work for TSN.