GDT: Sens at Canucks, Oct 10/17 7:00PM SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Sens at Canucks, Oct 10/17 7:00PM SN

Post by Hockey Widow »

theman wrote:I actually forgot Eriksson was playing until this power play.
Eriksson, Gagne and Burmistrov are all pretty good on the D side. Problem is Eriksson is getting 6 million to produce points not be a shut down PKer.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

There's the point! Now let's get the second. Please don't start the twins Travis!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I'm happy that Dorsett has had such a strong comeback, but Brock absolutely must play the next game.

But not at the expense of Jake. He's done everything he's been asked and has been good on both sides of the puck.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hockey Widow wrote:There's the point! Now let's get the second. Please don't start the twins Travis!
Amen sister from a different mother.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Who puts the Sedins out for the last shift when you need a shot on net.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Granlund!
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Too bad. They played a good game and wth a little better shooting in the SO they could have pulled that out. There goes out 82-0 season!
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

How is Boeser in the shootout?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Too bad. They played a good game and wth a little better shooting in the SO they could have pulled that out. There goes out 82-0 season!
Boeser will help with that better shooting.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

One of Baer, Gagner, Burmistrov, or Daniel should sit for Brock. None were impressive tonight.
Would like to see Granlund back with Ericksson. They play better together.
Virtanen's line wasn't as effective.
Generally should put the lines in a blender before next game.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cherry Picker wrote:One of Baer, Gagner, Burmistrov, or Daniel should sit for Brock. None were impressive tonight.
Would like to see Granlund back with Ericksson. They play better together.
Virtanen's line wasn't as effective.
Generally should put the lines in a blender before next game.
I concur, Burmistrov, Gagner and Baertschi are not pulling their weight fully, I can see one of them sitting on Thursday vs the Jets for Boeser to get in.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Unless Green wants a disaster on his hands, he is going to have to equalize the defense minutes.
Growing pains or not. Mistakes or not. Work them out as things go along.
How long will Edler and Tanev stay healthy with the kind of minutes they are getting.
Stecher has a bad game but he's not getting enough ice time so trying to do too much.
Still see forwards NOT picking their assignments up on the return to the defensive zone.
Still sloppy, slow line changes.
Play Boeser or send him down.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

As ugly a game as I expect most nights to be.

Hutton can't baby sit the lil' trojan. The kid stinks and as third pairing guy. He's about three up on the Peter Principle.

Two games in and Canuck defenders are showing some push back at post whistle crease scrums. An interesting change for the good.

"there's a hole Marky's legs
where soft goals go"

Dion and Jake LOL, how many times have we seen Dion do his "oh yeah?" routine and skate away. Jake knew he was safe with that one.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Topper wrote:A few comments;

As ugly a game as I expect most nights to be.

Hutton can't baby sit the lil' trojan. The kid stinks and as third pairing guy. He's about three up on the Peter Principle.

Two games in and Canuck defenders are showing some push back at post whistle crease scrums. An interesting change for the good.

"there's a hole Marky's legs
where soft goals go"

Dion and Jake LOL, how many times have we seen Dion do his "oh yeah?" routine and skate away. Jake knew he was safe with that one.
Was just waiting for this.
Knew it would be coming.
Now Hutton is the baby sitter, ya right.
Well, come up with a plan man. What do you want to do. Put your lil thinking cap on and come up with a trade scenario. Or do you just want to place him on waivers and send him down. Think he'll make it there ?
I mean arrive without being plucked.
I said I was a fence sitter in regards to Benning. Guess you are too. ;)

Oh ya, I forgot to mention. I was hoping that this year, I would never see #22 on the point on the PP. Damn !
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The top two D pairings are actually pretty good. Tanev/Edler back together but as pointed out one or both will get injured.

Gudbranson/Del Zotto is actually working well this early on. Nice to see Gudbranson playing with an edge and if Del Zotto can find the net.....

But Stetcher/Hutton is an early disaster. Both made bone head plays and both with give always that cost us. Very definitely the weak link in our D pairings. I like both but me thinks partnering up may not help them in the long run. They will lose confidence and the trust of the coach pretty fast.

I agree Green may need to re-think his pairings. I would not be surprised to see Pouliot get into a game sooner rather than later. Unfortunately that means Hutton sits and I'm not sure he deserves to at this point.

Markstrom with another early and goal but then played solid after that. Feeling encouraged by what he's shown thus far.

Up front, a better game by the twins and Vanek. But they still look slow.

The other three lines looked good, played good defensively but were challenged to create good scoring chances. I'm ok with Burmistrov and Gagne so far. But I do think it will be either Virtanen or Burmistrov that sits for Boeser to get into the line up. My guess, Virtanen. I just don't know if Green is ready to put them both in the same game.

Our PP still sucks balls. This is where Boeser can help, if Green let's him get PP time. Our PK early on is good.

This year's team is much more exciting to watch than the last two years. The biggest difference to me is the coaching systems. Green wants a much more active D, pinching at every opportunity and clean transition out of the D zone. Activating the D is a high risk high reward way to play but I like that kind of hockey more than the defensive snooze fest. It's going to cost us at times.

I thought we played well enough to win this one. Bank the point and move on.