GDT: Sens at Canucks, Oct 10/17 7:00PM SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Sens at Canucks, Oct 10/17 7:00PM SN

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

micky107 wrote:
Oh ya, I forgot to mention. I was hoping that this year, I would never see #22 on the point on the PP. Damn !
Missed the game...22 on the point??? At least we won't have to worry about him hurting anyone with his shot
If you need air...call it in
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I'd put Eriksson, with Granlund and Jake.
Move Gagner to Sutters line in Granlund's spot.
Put Brock with Horvat and Baertschi.
Leave the Sedins line alone.
Sit Burmistrov, even though he hasn't played too badly, just not a scoring threat.
Also I'd think Markstrom sits next game. He's been good, but time to see his competition.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:Hutton must be hearing footsteps. Pouliot' perhaps?
Bin sayin it fo while - Hutton is overrated.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

* Two games with MDZ and Gudbrandson looking like top 4 D NHL players. Go figure.

* The Sutter line looked far better with a role against Edmonton than without one against Ottawa.

* So the Old Man line is slow; they generated the most chances and scored both the goals.

* If Markstrom gives up a stinker every game, then I guarantee he ends the season without any shutouts.

* Ottawa without Karlsson isn't really all that much better than the Canucks seem to be. Better in net; but similar iffiness on the blue line; and similar decent-depth-but-no-real-star up front. Its amazing what a true #1 D can do. With Karlsson, they are a team that can compete for division title and, as we saw last year, make a run in the playoffs.

* When Bobby Ryan came into the league, he was a goal scoring machine. Just knew how to get in the right place. Its never been the same in Ottawa. Getting to the right place doesn't help when their are fewer playmakers to get you the puck. And now he doesn't even get to the right place.

* Baertschi hasn't converted yet. But he's had grade A chances, including one he made on his own in OT. No need to panic. Not converting on chances is not nearly as alarming as not getting them.

* Ottawa's power play the first couple tries looked like the Canucks. Guys, if 5 guys stay still and passes are station to station, nothing changes. That's not hard to defend. Ottawa made some adjustments and had more rotations but couldn't complete the back door play. It was available, as I am sure whoever is scouting the Canucks has made note of that.

* Could have had 2 points; could have had zero. Sometimes that's the case when 2 teams each play great. Sometimes that's the case when two teams are equally off. Last night was the latter; the effort from both squads was decent but neither team should be happy with the execution.
Hono_rary Canadian
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cherry Picker wrote:I'd put Eriksson, with Granlund and Jake.
Sit Burmistrov, even though he hasn't played too badly, just not a scoring threat.
Also I'd think Markstrom sits next game. He's been good, but time to see his competition.
breaking up 3 lines to insert one player in the lineup?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Topper wrote:
I see it as Granlund scoring skills are getting wasted with Sutter/Dorsett, and Gagner isn't producing so might as well put him on the 4th line where he did well in Columbus while getting quality powerplay time.

Keep the lineups fluid till pure chemistry starts forming, haven't seen any line worth keeping together long term yet, Sedins/Vanek are slowly looking to create that chemistry though with their uber veteran skills.

Brock in that shootout would have been a wise choice, could have got 2 points in that one, and Boeser on the powerplay just could be what the doctor ordered for Brown.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ukcanuck wrote:How is Boeser in the shootout?
We just have to wait for Pettersson...

His go-to move seems to be a reverse Forsberg.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote:
Topper wrote:
I see it as Granlund scoring skills are getting wasted with Sutter/Dorsett, and Gagner isn't producing so might as well put him on the 4th line where he did well in Columbus while getting quality powerplay time.

Keep the lineups fluid till pure chemistry starts forming, haven't seen any line worth keeping together long term yet, Sedins/Vanek are slowly looking to create that chemistry though with their uber veteran skills.

Brock in that shootout would have been a wise choice, could have got 2 points in that one, and Boeser on the powerplay just could be what the doctor ordered for Brown.
Two games in?

LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

It just seems to me that the only time I see Eriksson contributing is when he plays with Granlund. So, yah lots of changes to fit in Brock but if he plays he should probably be in the top six, or Utica. So replace Eriksson with Brock and move Eriksson to a line where he can play with Granlund. Jake is playing well so I'd put him along with them. Only two games in, so why not try to find some chemistry, if it doesn't work make more changes. The lines shouldn't be set until they prove something. It seems like Horvat is flying pretty much solo on his line. Eriksson hasn't helped him much on that line, so why not change it up?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hopefully Horvat changes it up a bit with the net drives. Didn't see this past game but against the coil you could see them cheat to him when he was coming in on the rush.
If you need air...call it in
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

UWSaint wrote:* If Markstrom gives up a stinker every game, then I guarantee he ends the season without any shutouts.
That's a strong analysis, you're 110% right. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

UWSaint wrote: * Ottawa without Karlsson isn't really all that much better than the Canucks seem to be. Better in net; but similar iffiness on the blue line; and similar decent-depth-but-no-real-star up front. Its amazing what a true #1 D can do. With Karlsson, they are a team that can compete for division title and, as we saw last year, make a run in the playoffs.
Interesting statement after this game.

Markstrom gave up another opening softball, and we lost 3-2 in the shootout, but he made 40 saves to Anderson's 26.