GDT 28/9/17 Flames @ Canucks 7:00pm Sportsnet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT 28/9/17 Flames @ Canucks 7:00pm Sportsnet

Post by SKYO »

BOESER and VIRTANEN continue to help the team win, even with all the veterans present on both teams.

They are starting to pull ahead of all the fringe players.

Honourable mention to Archibald who is looking more useful than Burmistrov.

Dorsett the energy monster & a low-key great penalty killer, same with Granlund good at anticipating plays up front and in the d-zone.

Nilsson looked better this game.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Watched a handful, read some good articles online and perused a Comets fanboard. What exactly did you do? Oh yeah and looked at stats which are a MASSIVE part of the equation when you are dealing with a top 6 pick who has put up poor numbers since he was drafted. Stats are huge UK.

I’m hamstrung by the time zone I’m in, all the games are middle of the night, all the sports websites have become shit the last few years when it comes to hilight packages and most video is blocked by some copyright issue . And I’m living in a place where you have to say ice hockey or they think you mean that goofy game with a cane played on a soccer pitch.

However, I do read the corner during nearly all my constitutionals, read anything written by the province, CBC , hockey news on the Canucks in particular and NHL in general, I have a few fb friends that hook me up with articles now and again. It’s a hardship I admit living in hockey wilderness but it is what it is.

Anyway I disagree with overlreliance in stats. They can be as deceiving as they can be enlightening. The context in which virtanen went to Utica and the intentions of the coaches who were charged with his mentoring and rehabilitation don’t show up so easy with stats.

But let me be clear I don’t want Virtanen to gifted spot because he was the pick that should have been one of the generational picks that went before him.
I am not even sure he deserves a roster spot now ( as you say I can’t watch his play) but I do know that taking your word on it comes with a serious dose of bias
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Rodin picked it up in the third. Did a lap in the offensive zone. Made some nice passes. He is beginning to look like he did last pre-season. I really like his game. I hope they find a way to keep him.

All the defensemen played well. Pedan impressed. I think he'll get sent down, but he is making the decision tough.

I though Vanek and Gagner were good in China together, and Jake was good tonight with Gagner.
Vanek Gagner Virtanen could be a decent third line.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

Virtanen has always had a great shot/release but is now playing much better without the puck.

Rodin is a big ice player that needs to learn the small ice game. He hears footsteps and dishes. He has to play in traffic to play in the NHL.

Beosser won't last the season the way he's playing. he really needs to learn to protect himself better and Utica is the best place for that.

The little trojan is right were he left off last season. Ineffective offensively and a liability defensively. he's beaten physically and more troubling is giving up position and beaten wide on the rush. once again, his partner is forced into overtime coverage for the wee one's gaffs.

Sutter and Tanev are on Sunday drive, top down, cruise control.

There was once a preseason time when guys like Pedan and Archbald would have dropped 'em with Ferland or Bower just because they wanted there coaches to know they could and would.

Smith is so ugly handling the puck, every dump in goes to the crease because sooner or later he's going to try to one time it LOL

Niilson is a curtain on wheels.

The lil trojan has his height (in centimeters) for a number, Walt's grandson has his IQ on his back.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hard to rate our team when the other team plays that bad.
That's a lot of money to beat the shit out of.
They gave us enough room to score 6 to 8.
Calgary coach none to pleased in post game.
Jake has a wicked shot, almost invisible to the goalie.
Stecher didn't play as bad as Topper said but he's played better.
You better get used to him, he aint going anywhere.
What's the incubation period for mono ?
Hope that isn't going around...
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Poster Zemtac has 17 posts in 4 years. He had 11 posts in this thread ! :shock: Where the hell have you been brother?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”