GDT: Apr 8 Canucks host Oil - Last Home Game

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Apr 8 Canucks host Oil - Last Home Game

Post by Mickey107 »

With a healthier season and even more of a push for jobs from talented good young players, it's hard to imagine the team not finishing 15 points higher next year.
Is that a conundrum? What will the company line be?
"evolution"
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

micky107 wrote:With a healthier season and even more of a push for jobs from talented good young players, it's hard to imagine the team not finishing 15 points higher next year.
To me mick.... do the best we can next year until the math says otherwise and go from there.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I say fuck it. Trade Dank, Hank, Louie, Sutter, Dorsett, Edler, Tanev, Megna. Resign Miller, trade Markstrom, backup Bachman. He'll trade Sbisa too.

Pick up 5 1st, a couple of seconds, a handful of prospects and put it all together from there. Finish 31st. Get some great picks, a ton of picks, a few prospects.

And then work to make the playoffs in two years.

Full blow up mode.

Get er done Jim.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote:I say fuck it. Trade Dank, Hank, Louie, Sutter, Dorsett, Edler, Tanev, Megna. Resign Miller, trade Markstrom, backup Bachman. He'll trade Sbisa too.

Pick up 5 1st, a couple of seconds, a handful of prospects and put it all together from there. Finish 31st. Get some great picks, a ton of picks, a few prospects.

And then work to make the playoffs in two years.

Full blow up mode.

Get er done Jim.
Oh ya but instead of signing miller let him walk and resurrect Maxime Oullette to let in questionable goals and set the tank in stone. Or...fuck the goalie...season opening face off 6 skaters all 82 games.
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

rats19 wrote:
micky107 wrote:With a healthier season and even more of a push for jobs from talented good young players, it's hard to imagine the team not finishing 15 points higher next year.
To me mick.... do the best we can next year until the math says otherwise and go from there.
Sounds about right.
We really don't need a company line.
If Trevor just has to come up with something, maybe old #22 TW, would be willing to help.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If anyone can't see they are a lottery team next season they're out to lunch. What needs to happen is Trevor "the town mayor" Linden, needs to stop smiling and waving like a politician and make like President Shanahan and do the right thing - listen to the fucking market and stop with this bullshit about "making the playoffs, competing blah blah blah and treat the 2017-18 season as the Official Rebuild season, passing the torch to Horvat and Boeser and ween this organization off of the Sedins. It's over. Fire Wilbrod and hire a coach who knows how to develop the kids. Fuck off with the Chaputs and Megnas.

Tiger WILLIAMS is somewhat right regarding Linden. I know Tiger, he can be a real clown and doesn't think before he speaks but Trevor is a poster boy politician, who is just phoning it in. Trevor needs to roll up the sleeves, get in there and try to understand truly where the team is at, where if needs to go, how to get there and start listening to the fan base ffs. The Sedin era is done! It was done when he started his job.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:If anyone can't see they are a lottery team next season they're out to lunch. What needs to happen is Trevor "the town mayor" Linden, needs to stop smiling and waving like a politician and make like President Shanahan and do the right thing - listen to the fucking market and stop with this bullshit about "making the playoffs, competing blah blah blah and treat the 2017-18 season as the Official Rebuild season, passing the torch to Horvat and Boeser and ween this organization off of the Sedins. It's over. Fire Wilbrod and hire a coach who knows how to develop the kids. Fuck off with the Chaputs and Megnas.

Tiger WILLIAMS is somewhat right regarding Linden. I know Tiger, he can be a real clown and doesn't think before he speaks but Trevor is a poster boy politician, who is just phoning it in. Trevor needs to roll up the sleeves, get in there and try to understand truly where the team is at, where if needs to go, how to get there and start listening to the fan base ffs. The Sedin era is done! It was done when he started his job.
But Doc said the rebuild was already well under way. You guys gotta get your stories straight.

I think the rebuild should have started after the loss to the Sharks. Gillis shit the bed and took direction from the family. Elmer never should have taken the job unless he was allowed to rebuild. 2014-15 was the absolute worst thing that has happened to this team since the Neely trade.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:If anyone can't see they are a lottery team next season they're out to lunch. What needs to happen is Trevor "the town mayor" Linden, needs to stop smiling and waving like a politician and make like President Shanahan and do the right thing - listen to the fucking market and stop with this bullshit about "making the playoffs, competing blah blah blah and treat the 2017-18 season as the Official Rebuild season, passing the torch to Horvat and Boeser and ween this organization off of the Sedins. It's over. Fire Wilbrod and hire a coach who knows how to develop the kids. Fuck off with the Chaputs and Megnas.

But Doc said the rebuild was already well under way. You guys gotta get your stories straight.

I think the rebuild should have started after the loss to the Sharks. Gillis shit the bed and took direction from the family. Elmer never should have taken the job unless he was allowed to rebuild. 2014-15 was the absolute worst thing that has happened to this team since the Neely trade.
Hall-e-fuckin-looya.
Exactly.
Both Blob and the Dude in the post before this one nailed it to a Tee. Glad you guys are joining forces and the dude is spitting out the koolaid
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

I agree about when the rebuild should have started, it was also painfully aware after the playoffs against the Flames under the new regime. I think the ownership here is the real problem, which is why IMO didn't start when it should have. Linden I think was in a no win situation trying to appease both pressures with this whole ridiculous retool on the fly bullshit which DOES NOT WORK. The forces are what they are every organization has their days in the sun and days in hell, you can retool on the fly, that's called forever .500 hockey. This city does not like .500 hockey. This city can handle a rebuild but you can't plug Megnas and Chaputs and Skilles and Bouchers n a rebuild, the fans do not tune in because of those guys but will tune in because of the Horvats and Boesers, and that is the only reason why Willie needs to be fired because he has zero interest in bringing the kids along. Everyone can see that Goldobin has god given talent that the Chaputs and Megna can only dream of but we need a coach who can harness, its a real statement of Desjardins when it's your Goalie Miller who takes Goldobin aside and has a heart to heart with him

The preseason to the 2017-18 season will be very telling for me if Linden is for real or a smile and
wave Politician.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cornuck wrote:And Topper has his golden Trojan moment to savour!
Was that when the little trojan clung onto Lucic tighter a man purse and was whacked for it?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Topper wrote:
Was that when the little trojan clung onto Lucic tighter a man purse and was whacked for it?
That would be the play. :)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Topper wrote:
So you like to see players you don't like get the stick to the face, mmm.
Good thing you didn't play the real game, you wouldn't have survived the code.
Enough said.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Yeah, that 101 point season Benning's first year really distorted reality for management. Dropping to 5OA in last year's draft hurt too. Gotta think that fate owes us no?

I kinda want the 2nd pick though. No matter who Benning picks at number one will be the wrong pick don't ya know.
The only HW the Canucks need
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

I was thinking that too, HW. Pick #2 and take the 'other' guy.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Puck wrote:I was thinking that too, HW. Pick #2 and take the 'other' guy.
Dale Tallon
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.