GDT Mar 18 Canucks vs Coilers

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

GDT Mar 18 Canucks vs Coilers

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I see we're dressing the backup against the coilers...

Fuck you coilers....you'll always suck no matter how good you are
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT Mar 18 Canucks vs Coilers

Post by Cornuck »

65 and holding...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Jon Abbott‏ @HockeyAbbs 3m3 minutes ago
DSedin HSedin Chaput
Baertschi Horvat Granlund
Cramarossa Sutter Boucher
Labate Shore Megna

Chaput moves up to play with the twins while Granlund gets Bo. I think this move is more about how Boucher hasn't worked out with Bo and Sven. It's about strengthening Bo's line, the defacto top line :mrgreen:

Tanev is a game time decision. If he can't play Biega will get the 6th spot. Larsen still sits.

Goldobin dropped 15+ pounds with his illness. He hasn't been able to eat much. Targeting a return next week but he is listed now as day to day. It will be about getting his strength back before he plays. Too bad for us and him. This was going to be a great opportunity for him to get a ton of ice.

UND plays tonight. A loss, Boeser could join the team next week. The question will be is he willing to sign with Utica instead? A win......
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

That stretcher kids gonna need a stretcher one of these games. Hes like 150lbs. Once someone on here pointed out hes shit I've been watching him and have to agree...he not really NHL ready at all
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Canucks seem interested in this one.

Is this the night night we break past 65?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Are we going to see Blobbee Darin McKenzie make more mention of 1950's Teen Idols tonight?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

My first thought after watching the 1st is how structured the team is playing and also how quick the canucks have quietly morphed into. Even the Sedins seem a half step quicker.
Is it my bleary eyes?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Uncle dans leg wrote:My first thought after watching the 1st is how structured the team is playing and also how quick the canucks have quietly morphed into. Even the Sedins seem a half step quicker.
Is it my bleary eyes?
probably cause I wasn't watching. :mrgreen:

Ok will the real Canucks please stand-up, I fully expect McDavid to take over soon.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

SKYO wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:My first thought after watching the 1st is how structured the team is playing and also how quick the canucks have quietly morphed into. Even the Sedins seem a half step quicker.
Is it my bleary eyes?
probably cause I wasn't watching. :mrgreen:

Ok will the real Canucks please stand-up, I fully expect McDavid to take over soon.
It seems like only McDavid is the only one that can create offense for the Oilers. The goal posts save them a few times.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It was surreal listen to the commentators refer to the Horvat line as the Canucks's top line. The passing of an era.

Granlund with like 8-9'shots tonight. He is playing with some confidence. But I found myself wondering if Goldobin or Dahlen would have buried some of those. :mrgreen:

Boeser onto the final tournament. As much as I want to see him play I'm kinda ok if he doesn't sign until the summer.

Already getting excited about next season. How sad is my life?
The only HW the Canucks need
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote:Already getting excited about next season. How sad is my life?
You have company, Wids. Watching this season's version of the Canucks is enough to turn the casual fan off hockey. Time to fast-forward to the draft lottery - which will screw Benning again.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Love to hear the commentators throwing bouquets about how the Canucks are competing. Willie's icing half an AHL squad for auditions for next season. The fact the Oilers didn't score 7 again this game was more about compete than talent. They still lost, though.

BTW, can someone limit the Sedins to 5-6 minutes a night, they are looking so old, slow and weak out there, it's an embarrassment to them, the team and the fans. Take them out back with a double-barrel in hand already. Wait a minute, that means more Megna, Labate and Cramarossa? Send the twins back out on the ice already...
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:That stretcher kids gonna need a stretcher one of these games. Hes like 150lbs. Once someone on here pointed out hes shit I've been watching him and have to agree...he not really NHL ready at all
Joining the "Old Boy's Club" , eh
190lbs.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Only a matter of time till McDavid did some damage.

And their powerplay is bananas, shit's insane.

imo Patrick could be like Draisaitl, take a bit to come around but once he does he'll be a solid forward.

And Lancer gotta believe once in awhile! if you tank long enough you're bound to win the lotto eventually, lol that's how any "contest" is. And it's not that the NHL won't allow, it's simple luck, they got the lotto balls in the machine, get various combo's with all the witnesses, and you hope Vancouver's combo number pops up.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BOKNOWS
AHL Prospect

Post by BOKNOWS »

Uncle dans leg wrote:That stretcher kids gonna need a stretcher one of these games. Hes like 150lbs. Once someone on here pointed out hes shit I've been watching him and have to agree...he not really NHL ready at all

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nh ... nding-tall

Stecher is fifth in scoring among NHL rookie blue-liners this season. And there’s still time for him to chip away at the guys ahead of him.

While Stecher’s overall numbers may not blow anyone away — two goals and 15 points — it’s important to consider two key factors: He didn’t start the season on the Canucks’ roster and was subjected to a second short stint in the American Hockey League before securing his spot in the lineup on a nightly basis in early November.

He’s played fewer games than the guys he’s trailing. And he’s fighting an uphill battle generating his numbers on one of the lowest scoring teams in the league.

Heading into weekend action, Stecher was trailing Zach Werenski of Columbus (31 points), the New York Rangers’ Brady Skjei (24), Toronto’s Nikita Zaitsev (24) and Philadelphia’s Ivan Provorov (22).

2016-17 stats: 29 games, one goal, 10 points, +3.3 relative Fenwick

Why he’s been overlooked: So he hasn’t been overlooked in Vancouver. J.D. Burke of Canucks Army wrote a piece in late December asking whether Stecher was already the team’s best defenceman, and the player has been a focal point for fan interest basically since his first preseason game. That’s in Vancouver, though. Outside B.C., the Canucks haven’t been all that relevant this year, and so the player’s performance is apt to be missed.

What he’s done: Injuries, along with a sheltered third pairing, have played a big role in Stecher’s ascent up the depth chart. He’s made the most of it, though, and has found a home next to Alex Edler. Edler’s Corsi number jumps some 7.7 points when he’s partnered with Stecher versus other players. Not only has he pushed his way into the NHL, but Stecher has also given the Canucks some interesting possibilities on the right side, where the team boasts a young-ish trio (Stecher, Chris Tanev and Erik Gudbranson). Vancouver may have the flexibility to make a move there, which is an interesting position to be in after Gudbranson was acquired at dear cost last summer.