March13/17 Bruins @ Canucks 7 pm SPN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

March13/17 Bruins @ Canucks 7 pm SPN

Post by TDA Rum »

Miller in goal

Shore in lineup

Tanev out

High scoring games so far tonight on NHL sched so:

Canucks win 7 - 5
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: March13/17 Bruins @ Canucks 7 pm SPN

Post by Strangelove »

Go Bruins!!

Sorry but Leaf fans are cheering for Canucks tonight, must be Opposite Day.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

6-0 Canucks.
The only HW the Canucks need
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink »

Hockey Widow wrote:6-0 Canucks.
sorry wids, but you lose again

But then somehow, I think you expected that going in lol
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Granlundicious
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink »

Hockey Widow wrote:Granlundicious
x2
Last edited by lostinarink on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I remember when Treliving traded Granlund. Said he didnt have the offensive upside that Hunter had. Said he couldnt crack the depth of Calgary's centers. Saud he couldn't convert to wing.

As i type this he zcores his 19th of the year.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:I remember when Treliving traded Granlund. Said he didnt have the offensive upside that Hunter had. Said he couldnt crack the depth of Calgary's centers. Saud he couldn't convert to wing.

Are you sure that wasn't Blob McKenzie who said that?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I remember when Treliving traded Granlund. Said he didnt have the offensive upside that Hunter had. Said he couldnt crack the depth of Calgary's centers. Saud he couldn't convert to wing.

lol

No it was Treliving. One of the biggest reasons they felt Granlund was a redundant piece was because they felt he could not convert to wing. He allegedly told Flames he couldnt play wing. When he got here he said he never really tried and prefered centre but was willing to play wherever the coach wanted.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:

The book hasnt been written on the trade yet. Granlund is playing 18 minutes a night . He's got 30 points - great someone has to score. He has improved but I'd like to see a bigger sample size .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I said from the beginning of the trade, he is our future Hansen. He's showing he can score more but it's with the twins right now. Not sure he could consistently do that with other linemates. Still think that's his ceiling. And that would be fine.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

The book hasnt been written on the trade yet. Granlund is playing 18 minutes a night . He's got 30 points - great someone has to score. He has improved but I'd like to see a bigger sample size .
Sort of like how the book hasn't been written on drafting Juolevi over your boi - Tkachuk...yet?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:I said from the beginning of the trade, he is our future Hansen. He's showing he can score more. Still think that's his ceiling. And that would be fine.
He doesn't have near the speed , tenacity or 2 way play of Hansen. He is a decent enough player but I see more of a Wellwood type or a poor mans Brad Boyes
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Sort of like how the book hasn't been written on drafting Juolevi over your boi - Tkachuk...yet?
Well similar to the Virtanen pick it was a reach and not close to the consensus pick.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I said from the beginning of the trade, he is our future Hansen. He's showing he can score more. Still think that's his ceiling. And that would be fine.
He doesn't have near the speed , tenacity or 2 way play of Hansen. He is a decent enough player but I see more of a Wellwood type or a poor mans Brad Boyes

He turns 24 in a month. His speed is up there. He is a lot more solid defensively than you give him credit for. I'll give you the tenacity part. But the key is he is just turning 24, Hansen wasn't Hansen at 24.