GDT: March 10/17 Pens @ Canucks 7:0pm HNIC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT: March 10/17 Pens @ Canucks 7:0pm HNIC

Post by Hockey Widow »

I can see Anaheim taking a run at him as a FA for a 1-2 year deal.
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

2 more pts we don't get
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hank wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:How can anyone not want Miller back for 1-2 years?
Miller might not want Miller back :D
Facts, probably wants a more veteran team now.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote:
Hank wrote:
Whatever happens, the guys still got a lot of game.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:
Hank wrote:
If he can't land with a contender Vegas may appeal to him. But from what i hear he is very interested in staying with Vancouver but wants to test FA again. I suppose it depends upon whether the family picks location, ie LA ,or he says I have two years left I want a Cup.

Also form-what its worth both Burrows and Hansen, before they left, said they thought if Miller comes back the Canucks will be a playoff team next year, believing they are that close. Didn't say a championship team but felt they were that close to turning a corner and being back as a mid pack team.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: Also form-what its worth both Burrows and Hansen, before they left, said they thought if Miller comes back the Canucks will be a playoff team next year, believing they are that close. Didn't say a championship team but felt they were that close to turning a corner and being back as a mid pack team.
No faith in Markstrom? :lol:

Seriously thought, talk about a nothing comment that could be said about any team in the league.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Its time to start recognizing Sbisa as the top dman he has become. Was thoroughly impressed with the defensive side of his game again last night.
Whatever Lidster and Willie have done with him they should win an award for...he was trash when he got here
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Also form-what its worth both Burrows and Hansen, before they left, said they thought if Miller comes back the Canucks will be a playoff team next year, believing they are that close. Didn't say a championship team but felt they were that close to turning a corner and being back as a mid pack team.
Burrows and Hansen both have an excellent sense of humour. The Canucks will likely be worse next year than this year.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote:
Hank wrote:
Fuck I hope so . The NHLs most boring team doesn't not need to spend 9-10 million + on goaltending. And believe me after Millers solid season he won't take much of a pay cut and he will want 2-3 years on a deal.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: The NHLs most boring team doesn't not need to spend 9-10 million + on goaltending. And believe me after Millers solid season he won't take much of a pay cut and he will want 2-3 years on a deal.
Nice to see some backpedaling from some of you folk who urinated all over the original Miller-signing.

THREE YEARS AGO you said Miller was too old for $6M X 3! :lol:

Do you really care if the team is "boring" Blobby, are-you/will-you still be watching?

A few years back people were saying Canuck fans can't handle a rebuild, this has since been confirmed. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: The NHLs most boring team doesn't not need to spend 9-10 million + on goaltending. And believe me after Millers solid season he won't take much of a pay cut and he will want 2-3 years on a deal.
Nice to see some backpedaling from some of you folk who urinated all over the original Miller-signing.

Do you really care if the team is "boring" Blobby, are-you/will-you still be watching?

A few years back people were saying Canuck fans can't handle a rebuild, this has since been confirmed. :mex:
3 weeks ago he said Jacob is as good as Ryan.....lol
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

3 weeks ago he said Jacob is as good as Ryan.....lol
3 weeks ago their stats were pretty identical . Anyone who wants to spend 9-10 million on a goalie tandem is a fucking retard
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:

Oh gee another red herring from Lumpy. Shocking !! :shock:

No idea how not bringing back Miller has anything to do with rebuilding but that's your shtick I guess. Kinda like your brown tennis player friend you turn a discussion on its ear .
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: A few years back people were saying Canuck fans can't handle a rebuild, this has since been confirmed. :mex:
When Benning signed Miller, Canucks fans weren't being sold a rebuild.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

With how rock solid Demko has been after he got acclimated to the pro game, I think it makes it easier to let Miller go, Rollie and Comets have been awesome with the young pro, his learning curve has skyrocketed.

Demko will probably start in the AHL next season but he will most definitely be the first call-up next year when needed.

All the Canucks gotta do is sign a cheap vet goalie for a year that can play 30-35 games no problem.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.