GDT: Canucks vs Penquins Feb 14

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Penquins Feb 14

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Topper wrote:Do you hear voices?
No just humming some time. I think you might be one of the ardent supporters of bringing back Miller for a couple more seasons. I do know Skyo would love to.
I don't mind Miller coming back depending on the cost. The Canucks will need a #1 or #1A, Markstrom hasn't done anything to take that spot from Miller.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
No just humming some time. I think you might be one of the ardent supporters of bringing back Miller for a couple more seasons. I do know Skyo would love to.
I don't mind Miller coming back depending on the cost. The Canucks will need a #1 or #1A, Markstrom hasn't done anything to take that spot from Miller.
Markstrom was never going to get that chance. He could have stood on his head like Bobrovsky during CBJ's streak and Clipboard Mustache would still have left the reigns with Miller. Jim and Willie have been clear, Miller is their guy. If Markstrom was lights out then MAYBE we would have seen Miller gone at the deadline. More likely Miller would be the starter until April of this year and THEN Markstrom gets the net next year.

Markstrom hasn't proven he can do that, but he has never been given the chance because even when he plays well, the team can't score, and Miller gets the next game.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Topper wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
This. Although they've been fairly equal, Markstrom hasn't done enough to take the crease.

That said, the team wouldn't be significantly worse with Markstrom in there.

Depending on the cost...
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Topper wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
This. Although they've been fairly equal, Markstrom hasn't done enough to take the crease.

That said, the team wouldn't be significantly worse with Markstrom in there.

Depending on the cost...
Yeah, Markström has not proven himself better than Miller, but he is roughly the same, at a fraction of the cost.
The Miller money would be better spent on a goal scoring winger.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Per wrote: Yeah, Markström has not proven himself better than Miller, but he is roughly the same, at a fraction of the cost.
The Miller money would be better spent on a goal scoring winger.
The amount of goal scoring we need, it would have to be a helluva scorer. Looking at the list of scoring wingers coming in free agency, I'm not so sure I want to give an Eriksson-esque deal to anybody. TJ Oshie at $6M per until he's 35/36? No thanks.

If Miller wants to come back around $4M, and do a tandem with Markstrom, that's fine.