Canucks @ Sabres. 430pm pst

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks @ Sabres. 430pm pst

Post by damonberryman »

Cherry Picker wrote:I think it's important to note that Chaput could be a decent player if he scores two goals each game.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Did horvat get hurt on that late shot block?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I have only seen the last 4 of 8 games, but I can see why Boucher was a waiver pickup and teams were reluctant to loose him. He's raw, but there is definitely some sparks there.

Are you folks finally tiring of your boy wonder little trojan. The mistakes keep piling up. The own zone futility keeps compounding. Edler has rendered ineffective by the constant need to babysit. time to cut bait on that little worm.

I was impressed with Buffalo munchkin Rodrigues. Fast, demon on the forecheck. He created the Sabres first goal.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

rats19 wrote:Did horvat get hurt on that late shot block?
Yup, he is having a MRI today.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

With Edler and Stecher, I've noticed the covering for each other goes both ways.
I admit, Stecher does make mistakes.
Would I trade him?
Not with the kind of eye for the game that he has.

One cannot evolve if they remain stubborn.

Oops, I suppose I'm doing it too.

I will stop. :sly:
"evolution"
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Jovocop wrote:
Bruise... please be a bruise
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:I have only seen the last 4 of 8 games, but I can see why Boucher was a waiver pickup and teams were reluctant to loose him. He's raw, but there is definitely some sparks there.

Are you folks finally tiring of your boy wonder little trojan. The mistakes keep piling up. The own zone futility keeps compounding. Edler has rendered ineffective by the constant need to babysit. time to cut bait on that little worm.

I was impressed with Buffalo munchkin Rodrigues. Fast, demon on the forecheck. He created the Sabres first goal.
Yes he makes mistakes but the good outweighs the bad. At this point he is still the team 6th best option until Gudbranson comes back. And when EG does come back that is pretty much THE lowest scoring defence in the history of the league. He's a better option than Biega or the Dane.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rats19 wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Bruise... please be a bruise
There's our ticket to the 3rd overall pick. If not a bruise
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Topper wrote:I have only seen the last 4 of 8 games, but I can see why Boucher was a waiver pickup and teams were reluctant to loose him. He's raw, but there is definitely some sparks there.

Yes he makes mistakes but the good outweighs the bad. At this point he is still the team 6th best option until Gudbranson comes back. And when EG does come back that is pretty much THE lowest scoring defence in the history of the league. He's a better option than Biega or the Dane.
Send him to Utica when EG comes back.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Send him to Utica when EG comes back.
I'd ship Larsen out myself. He will clear for sure. Trade one of Gudbranson or Sbisa at the deadline if there is a good offer for either.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Keep the little trojan....because we miss Yannick

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It is ironic that we have another wee Trojan who has great offensive upside but needs to keep working on the defensive side of his game, and he can't get a sniff, while wee Troy seems to be enjoying the favouritism pass.

Now I like Troy. I think he has huge upside. But I see where a season learning the D side could benefit him. It would be nice to see what Subban could produce at the NHL level, if anything.

From what I hear Gudbranson is done for the year, unless we make the playoffs. but nothing official yet.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:It is ironic that we have another wee Trojan who has great offensive upside but needs to keep working on the defensive side of his game, and he can't get a sniff, while wee Troy seems to be enjoying the favouritism pass.

Now I like Troy. I think he has huge upside. But I see where a season learning the D side could benefit him. It would be nice to see what Subban could produce at the NHL level, if anything.

From what I hear Gudbranson is done for the year, unless we make the playoffs. but nothing official yet.
If you think Stecher struggles in his own zone, you should check out the reports on Subbans work in the D-zone. It's beyond bad and that is in the minors.

Personally my opinion of Stecher is the opposite of Toppz. The kid is doing great IMO
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:It is ironic that we have another wee Trojan who has great offensive upside but needs to keep working on the defensive side of his game, and he can't get a sniff, while wee Troy seems to be enjoying the favouritism pass.

Why?

What is the fascination with smurfs? Dates back to Boudrias.

Everyone dumped on Webber because of his size, but everyone loves the equally ineffective little trojan and wants a blind date with the lawn ornament.

The little trojan has the progression curve of McCann.

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol says the Sbisa fan who finally saw him emerge as a grossly overpaid 3rd paring d after 7 seasons.