Canucks @ Sabres. 430pm pst

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks @ Sabres. 430pm pst

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:It is ironic that we have another wee Trojan who has great offensive upside but needs to keep working on the defensive side of his game, and he can't get a sniff, while wee Troy seems to be enjoying the favouritism pass.

Now I like Troy. I think he has huge upside. But I see where a season learning the D side could benefit him. It would be nice to see what Subban could produce at the NHL level, if anything.

From what I hear Gudbranson is done for the year, unless we make the playoffs. but nothing official yet.
This is where I'd like to see what an experienced Cup winning coach would do like Claude Julien, he's coached successfully a small QB in Krug, he probably knows exactly how to use either Stecher or Subban to be a similar scoring type.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

There is no body else on the team, on defense, that even comes close to quarterbacking a power play, no one.
Edler, for what ever reason, can't do it anymore. At least not at this point.
College guys need some time to pick up the "tough guy" thing.
Only Tryamkin seems to have a hope of becoming a go to guy on the PP as he is starting to "out grow" the shit system that this coaching staff is preaching. None of our D-men are going to be on an up swing as long as tis continues. They get to a point, then stall.

For the time being, might want to think twice about how good it would be for ANYONE'S development in Utica!
You think the parent club is a mess?
Utica is a disaster area right now and no body's game is going to do anything but take a dump there.
Gigantic improvement needed down on the farm by next year!!!
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

STALWART Luca Sbisa has emerged as a top four Defender on the Canucks. Unfortunately, he is caught in a numbers game with looming expansion draft and will likely need to be exposed. His play has been full value for his contract. He has out played Gudbranson in the limited time they were both in the lineup and if not for the emerging Trymynapkin, his role would be even more invaluable.

If STALWART Luca Sbisa is claimed in the expansion draft, the Canucks will be forced to find a stay at home defender with a physical presence to fill the void.

Power plays are run from the 1/2 boards.
Last edited by Topper on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Agreed, Sbisa should stay. His physical presence is needed,
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sbisa has improved and by default because of injuries, a terrible team, and being sheltered by Chris Tanev he is playing top 4 minutes. Gudbranson looked fine out of the gate , then he and Hutton wore both poor when asked to play more minutes. He then got injured and played injured for a while. We haven't seen near enough of him to make a judgement. If the salaries are equal I'd keep him over Sbisa. He's also a couple years younger.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:We haven't seen near enough of him to make a judgement. If the salaries are equal I'd keep him over Sbisa. He's also a couple years younger.
agree, which is why I said Sbisa will be exposed for the expansion draft.

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Sbisa has improved and by default because of injuries, a terrible team, and being sheltered by Chris Tanev he is playing top 4 minutes. Gudbranson looked fine out of the gate , then he and Hutton wore both poor when asked to play more minutes. He then got injured and played injured for a while. We haven't seen near enough of him to make a judgement. If the salaries are equal I'd keep him over Sbisa. He's also a couple years younger.
With the style this team has been playing, (if you can even call it a style), the defense gets very little help from the forwards.
The back checking from the forwards is gawd awful, I mean real bad. Close to if not the worst in the league.
They are late getting back.
Totally missing their guy.
Almost as though they've forgotten how.
The blame for that can only fall in one area!

Good news is, I think we actually do have a pretty good D-core, but Geez!
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Prior to being injured, Tanev was aweful. A turnover machine, Hutton and Gudbranson have disappointed all year.

.......I don't think Bubbles was watching back then.......hadn't emerged from his Cubby hole.